Lysine advice

Liam01

Hi everyone hope you're well. I've followed this like a voyeur for some time. It transformed my health with a thyroid problem last year. I mean literally transformed. However I foolishly assumed I was better and went to back to real life and I'm now probably worse than ever - something I have to take responsibility for.

Anyways, I took a dose of lycine the other day for chronic elevated anxiety (I think SIBO and inflammation) having been on stress hormones again for nearly a year.

My stool was green, iron green. Do you think binding the seretonin could have allowed for a liver drump of accumulated iron or is it more likely a contamination of the lysine powder? Given I'm fairly sure I have iron overload, I definitely can't go near that supplement again if it's contaminated.

Pure speculation, like a lot of self healing, but your thoughts would be massively appreciated.

Hope everyone is keeping well,
Liam

Razvan

Hi everyone hope you're well. I've followed this like a voyeur for some time. It transformed my health with a thyroid problem last year. I mean literally transformed. However I foolishly assumed I was better and went to back to real life and I'm now probably worse than ever - something I have to take responsibility for.

Anyways, I took a dose of lycine the other day for chronic elevated anxiety (I think SIBO and inflammation) having been on stress hormones again for nearly a year.

My stool was green, iron green. Do you think binding the seretonin could have allowed for a liver drump of accumulated iron or is it more likely a contamination of the lysine powder? Given I'm fairly sure I have iron overload, I definitely can't go near that supplement again if it's contaminated.

Pure speculation, like a lot of self healing, but your thoughts would be massively appreciated.

Hope everyone is keeping well,
Liam
I think lysine can increase serotonin in some situations.

magnesiumania

I can get something like an anxiety effect when taking lysine alone (without food or other aminos). Now that said lysine is the only amino acid supplement that seem to overall benefit me. Glycine supps are always followed by some side effects or unwanted abnormalities....

However i think its probably unsafe to take to much of a single amino acid....