Lymphatic fluid- why trapped in my scalp?

Motif

I feel that
Cause it’s non stop itching. When I massage its gone, but come
S back shortly after.

when I didn’t know what’s causing this I had this many years without a pause from the itching and when I started to massage the scalp I really had sticky fluid coming out.

anybody has advice for me?

johnwester130

I feel that
Cause it’s non stop itching. When I massage its gone, but come
S back shortly after.

when I didn’t know what’s causing this I had this many years without a pause from the itching and when I started to massage the scalp I really had sticky fluid coming out.

anybody has advice for me?

someone on the forum a couple of years ago said baldness is cause by the lymph flow

I don't know anything about it though

cjm

No advice but I'm working through a similar issue on my chin/jaw, where it'll get really itchy and start oozing when I scratch it. I drunkenly faceplanted back in 2011 and still have a scar from it right under my chin. I will get eczema under my beard, too, but both issues haven't resurfaced since starting a course of doxycycline, 100mg twice a day. If I was to give advice and you're open to it, doxycycline can be used in sub-100mg doses as a general anti-inflammatory while avoiding the cytotoxic/antibiotic effects of higher doses.

My jaw feels super tight and sometimes downright cold. My poetic mind imagines stagnation, a lack of velocity, no suction or force to pull the lymph through its natural channels.

If the lymph is coming out of your skin, it's safe to say it's not working correctly, might be stagnant, might be infected.

What have you tried so far to fix it?

OP
M

Motif

I think histamine could play a big role in this , but can’t say for sure.
i tried so many things , you won’t believe. What really helped with this symptoms was everything that helps lymphatic flow.

rope jumping running , but I need to do this everyday and too long and it’s too exhausting.

Even hyperventilating has a positive effect on it.

niacin flush too.

i even tried this mms stuff and it didnt help and made it worse , but this cds stuff which is connected to mms did absolutely improve this and I have no idea why.

i was diluting water with hydrogen peroxide too and drank it three times daily and this improved it a lot too.

No idea why this stuff helped, but it did and I really tried a lot of stuff.

cjm

rope jumping running , but I need to do this everyday and too long and it’s too exhausting.

I hear you. I got into trouble with my energy levels around the time I smashed my face and I can still barely walk up stairs without a lactic acid burn in my thighs. Exercise and movement are so important, just stretching muscles will increase ATP. I think you're on the right path with mechanical interventions, i.e., keeping the chemical supplementation to a minimum to allow for an honest assessment of your metabolism.

Speaking of jumping rope, I have this shaking platform I will stand on for hours at a time sometimes. The machine shakes me and I guide the sensations to the tight spots, trigger points if you will. It feels like cheating but the effects of being mechanically shaken are really fun.

Have you ever heard of a site called Pain Science? I'm not in pain myself but the guy is a massage therapist turned researcher that talks about knots/trigger points in muscle causing systemic issues and you might not even know it. I deal with numbness, which he addresses, and numbness is its own kind of pain.

Even hyperventilating has a positive effect on it.

I believe you. Oxygen is a hell of a stimulant! There's so cognitive dissonance in doing that, yeah? Peat never talks about hyperventilating in a positive context.

Speaking of hyperventilating, here's an article from the Pain Science site that talks about the virtues of "bioenergetic breathing" -- you'll see the mention of Lowen and Reich, whom Peat has mentioned favorably several times (at least Reich anyway)

The Art of Bioenergetic Breathing: A potent tool for personal growth and transformation by breathing quickly and deeply

"Bioenergetic breathing originated in the bodywork philosophies that emerged originally from Alexander Lowen’s interpretations of Reich and Jung.1 Interestingly, the same breathing style is called “round” breathing by the Chinese in the context of qigong, and has some deep roots in that culture, although in a much different way.

"Bioenergetic breathing is basically just fast, deep, regular breathing. It is not a relaxing breathing method (though you may feel very pleasantly worn out and mellow afterwards). It emphasizes strong inhalation, which is assertive and full. It does not pause at the top or the bottom of the breath, forming a smooth sine wave. The mouth and throat are kept wide open,2 removed from the path of the breath, trying not to shape or control the flow of air. Most people attempt to breathe predominantly “with” their mouth, nose and throat. It is the body that breathes: the upper respiratory tract is just an obstacle course between the world and the engine of your respiration.

In a typical bioenergetic breathing session, you might work up to a vigorous pace of breathing in the space of a minute or two, continue for five to ten minutes, and then wind down again."

cjm

I think histamine could play a big role in this , but can’t say for sure.

I agree, for what it's worth. Histamine-producing mast cells are insane little buggers. I own the Selye book Mast Cells and will reference it occasionally -- I have a long-standing peanut allergy that I've been trying to wrap my head around. The late Travis posted about mast cells being able to migrate to different parts of the body. If you think about it, you would only need one traumatic incident to disrupt the gut barrier and let those suckers into bloodstream where they could potentially go anywhere and take up residence. Then the task of silencing and clearing them is more difficult than if they were still safely sequestered in the gut mucosa.

OP
M

Motif

@cjm

Thanks!
I have a vibration plate too .:) I forgot to tell, but strangely it does nothing for it? I used it everyday for 15-20 minutes, but I think I really need this hard bounce that it does anything for my issue.

i really think it’s just super trapped in my scalp and face. I don’t know why. My muscles get super tight on the whole body, and of course my scalp and neck muscles too and this contributes a lot to it

cjm

@cjm

Thanks!
I have a vibration plate too .:) I forgot to tell, but strangely it does nothing for it? I used it everyday for 15-20 minutes, but I think I really need this hard bounce that it does anything for my issue.

i really think it’s just super trapped in my scalp and face. I don’t know why. My muscles get super tight on the whole body, and of course my scalp and neck muscles too and this contributes a lot to it

Same. I talk for work (healthcare recruiter, I actually place nurses and EMTs at COVID swabbing sites, the COVID money faucet overfloweth) and I'm always present in my jaw/mouth area, uncomfortably so. I went to Mexico (from US) two years ago for complete dental reconstruction if that speaks to my level of tension. I feel you on the whole body tension, too. It's a problem without a name. I think sclerosis comes close but it obscures the causes. I'm positive high adrenaline is involved. Keeps the level of tension constant.

There's a user @CoolTweetPete who posted a bit on myofascial tension and the SBL (superficial back line?) and the subocciptal muscles having orders of magnitude denser spindles than the next "strongest" muscle, the glutes. The subocciptals give direction to the rest of the line. If you can loosen those up, you're golden, or so I thought. The task of unwinding those spindles has been enormous. I imagine layer after layer of taut muscle screaming for relief. It is a slow go for sure. I'm not a religious person but I have found my faith day after day in getting just a little more loose and ready. One day it's just gonna be a waterfall of warm sensation all over my body and this tedious, obligatory muscle work will turn into spontaneous movement and feeling. Don't know if you like Star Wars, but as the Mandalorians say, "this is the way." I'm persistent but I come face to face with learned helplessness on an minute to minute basis.

With the vibration plate, I treat it like a workout, with a warm-up and increasing loads (faster vibrations dropping the body harder). My warm-up might last an hour at the lowest setting before I start "attacking" the numbest spots. Maybe an extended session would be helpful!

How's your sense of smell and taste?

cjm

Heat lamps also move lymph I believe

Great suggestion. I have a 250W bulb on my legs all day and occasionally I'll go over to the one plugged into my attic ceiling and bask under it for a bit. A little pain from coming too close to the light might actually encourage lymph movement and healing. But the warmth from it is seriously therapeutic and so basic and cheap that people overlook its benefits. It's weird though, until recently I'll actively resist getting warm until bed. I vibe with that Peat quote from his MS article about warming nerves reducing their function. The coldness is a pseudo-structure, provides rigidity.

OP
M

Motif

Same. I talk for work (healthcare recruiter, I actually place nurses and EMTs at COVID swabbing sites, the COVID money faucet overfloweth) and I'm always present in my jaw/mouth area, uncomfortably so. I went to Mexico (from US) two years ago for complete dental reconstruction if that speaks to my level of tension. I feel you on the whole body tension, too. It's a problem without a name. I think sclerosis comes close but it obscures the causes. I'm positive high adrenaline is involved. Keeps the level of tension constant.

There's a user @CoolTweetPete who posted a bit on myofascial tension and the SBL (superficial back line?) and the subocciptal muscles having orders of magnitude denser spindles than the next "strongest" muscle, the glutes. The subocciptals give direction to the rest of the line. If you can loosen those up, you're golden, or so I thought. The task of unwinding those spindles has been enormous. I imagine layer after layer of taut muscle screaming for relief. It is a slow go for sure. I'm not a religious person but I have found my faith day after day in getting just a little more loose and ready. One day it's just gonna be a waterfall of warm sensation all over my body and this tedious, obligatory muscle work will turn into spontaneous movement and feeling. Don't know if you like Star Wars, but as the Mandalorians say, "this is the way." I'm persistent but I come face to face with learned helplessness on an minute to minute basis.

With the vibration plate, I treat it like a workout, with a warm-up and increasing loads (faster vibrations dropping the body harder). My warm-up might last an hour at the lowest setting before I start "attacking" the numbest spots. Maybe an extended session would be helpful!

How's your sense of smell and taste?

Smell and taste normal :) I don’t have a comparison.
And yeah, high adrenaline - I bet I have this since I was born and this could be one of the main factors.

I will try a longer session on the plate today. Let’s see.

my glutes are so damn tight. Hips... everything. But I was hardcore stretching everyday for months and it doesn’t get good. It improves a bit , but that’s all

cjm

Smell and taste normal :) I don’t have a comparison.
And yeah, high adrenaline - I bet I have this since I was born and this could be one of the main factors.

I will try a longer session on the plate today. Let’s see.

my glutes are so damn tight. Hips... everything. But I was hardcore stretching everyday for months and it doesn’t get good. It improves a bit , but that’s all

Same! It was so frustrating I gave up. Then I started taking Vitamin K a few weeks ago and remembered why it was good for me -- it would prompt me to stretch. That's why I added the doxy (a more advanced quinone) and so far the same "prompting" is happening. It's almost as if you need to have the ATP pre-cursors ready, or the whole system needs to be primed for the stretch, otherwise you're probably just releasing serotonin.

I find myself thinking one-dimensionally an awful lot of the time. A mile deep and an inch wide. I think that is the quintessential behavioral symptomology of high adrenaline. The body becomes a meat tube tool for the brain.

Good luck with your sesh today. Hope it helps!

OP
M

Motif

Same! It was so frustrating I gave up. Then I started taking Vitamin K a few weeks ago and remembered why it was good for me -- it would prompt me to stretch. That's why I added the doxy (a more advanced quinone) and so far the same "prompting" is happening. It's almost as if you need to have the ATP pre-cursors ready, or the whole system needs to be primed for the stretch, otherwise you're probably just releasing serotonin.

I find myself thinking one-dimensionally an awful lot of the time. A mile deep and an inch wide. I think that is the quintessential behavioral symptomology of high adrenaline. The body becomes a meat tube tool for the brain.

Good luck with your sesh today. Hope it helps!
Thanks. Just started.
What do you mean? That your mind can’t take a break and you are thinking all the time? It so- yeah. Nonstop. It’s annoying as f.

OP
M

Motif

Yeah, exactly. Greedy Brain Syndrome.
What can we do about this?

btw it seems that the vibration plate really helped this time . Maybe cause I massaged my scalp yesterday and relaxed the muscles a bit

cjm

What can we do about this?

btw it seems that the vibration plate really helped this time . Maybe cause I massaged my scalp yesterday and relaxed the muscles a bit

Nice! I bet you're right. Since massage helps, you should try micro-needling as an experiment. It might hit deeper skin/fascia and loosen up some deeper lines. I had some success. I am super sensitive to even the slightest prick of the needle but it seems psychogenic -- I can will myself to accept more pain, which subsides into merely a strong sensation.

I've been working on balancing psyche and soma intuitively and trying to find the words to describe my path. I think knowing you are trapped is half the battle and then being willing to literally get in touch with yourself (your emotions) at whatever the cost, e.g., the emotional turbulence after stretching.

You're re-drawing a map.

Do you believe feelings can be trapped in the body? I do. I see them as strings of electricity that are bunched up in places. The method of pulling apart the bunches (contractions) is important. You can't force the image of a knotty string on the tight pathways. Your mind's conjured geometry is a poor approximation of the fractal of life. Ugh, see, this is the problem with talking about it, my language devolves into broad strokes. I imagine a knotty string to put me in the ballpark of the knots, and then let the present themselves to me. It's seductive almost. You must demote your ego, the Director who's been keeping you alive and agile and let the new boss, the real boss, the muscle tension, speak its directives. Then you play with the feelings. Usually that just means stretching, haha.