Lyme Disease

iLoveSugar

Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2013
Messages
964
What are your thoughts? Overblown? A real legitimate issue?

My thinking is that one can live fine with Lyme disease if the immune system is properly treated, intestinal action is running good, and detoxification is good.
 

Dutchie

Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2012
Messages
765
iLoveSugar said:
What are your thoughts? Overblown? A real legitimate issue?

My thinking is that one can live fine with Lyme disease if the immune system is properly treated, intestinal action is running good, and detoxification is good.

As a former chronic Lyme sufferer,my experience is that it doesn't work as easy as that.
 

lindsay

Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2013
Messages
973
Location
United States
I didn't realize they had lime disease in Europe, Dutchiee. of course it makes sense, but I thought it might have a different name there. Here, it was named after the destination of origin - Old Lyme, CT. Ticks are a big problem where we live.
 

Dutchie

Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2012
Messages
765
lindsay said:
I didn't realize they had lime disease in Europe, Dutchiee. of course it makes sense, but I thought it might have a different name there. Here, it was named after the destination of origin - Old Lyme, CT. Ticks are a big problem where we live.
The diseasecis called Lyme anywhere in the world.
And the disease indeed got the name from the place of origin. The US were doing illegal experiments to create a secret weapon by infecting ticks with the borrelia bacteria...but things went wrong and the people in the town of Old Lyme became infected,the ticks spread....and thats how it all started.

Thats what ive heard and read several times anyway.
 

iLoveSugar

Member
Thread starter
Joined
Sep 19, 2013
Messages
964
Dutchie said:
lindsay said:
I didn't realize they had lime disease in Europe, Dutchiee. of course it makes sense, but I thought it might have a different name there. Here, it was named after the destination of origin - Old Lyme, CT. Ticks are a big problem where we live.
The diseasecis called Lyme anywhere in the world.
And the disease indeed got the name from the place of origin. The US were doing illegal experiments to create a secret weapon by infecting ticks with the borrelia bacteria...but things went wrong and the people in the town of Old Lyme became infected,the ticks spread....and thats how it all started.

Thats what ive heard and read several times anyway.


Did you have videos online of your Lyme experience?
 

Dutchie

Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2012
Messages
765
iLoveSugar said:
Dutchie said:
lindsay said:
I didn't realize they had lime disease in Europe, Dutchiee. of course it makes sense, but I thought it might have a different name there. Here, it was named after the destination of origin - Old Lyme, CT. Ticks are a big problem where we live.
The diseasecis called Lyme anywhere in the world.
And the disease indeed got the name from the place of origin. The US were doing illegal experiments to create a secret weapon by infecting ticks with the borrelia bacteria...but things went wrong and the people in the town of Old Lyme became infected,the ticks spread....and thats how it all started.

Thats what ive heard and read several times anyway.


Did you have videos online of your Lyme experience?
No,I haven't
 

Dutchie

Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2012
Messages
765
@ilovesugar ive seen those vids too,although too late.
Ive never did AB bc it was already too late for it,had been walkung around with it for 10+ years....yet conventional medicine diagnosed me as having a mild form of MS.
I had no money for treatment,took some supps,diet....more or less starvation mode bc 'sugars fed. the lyme' i was being told and there was this kind lady who did energetic color therapy through photograph and treated me very cheaply. Took me years,according to her im lyme free now,never checked it bc i havent got money for it and just dont want to think of lyme. Anymore.
Knowing what i do now....id say its important to keep metabolism high and liver detoxing capabillities. I know theres a lot debate on protein,but i think a sick person migth actually need more.
Also in phases of the liverdetoxing ive read that glycine,taurine and cant remember the other are key aminos in those processes. The 3 of them together are found in gelatin
 

pboy

Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2013
Messages
1,681
heres how you get rid of it....tell your doctor he's full of it and forget about it, then ask yourself what's really wrong. Most things come from in, out...not out, in. Trust your body and emotions....at the very least, realize its going to be up to you to solve whatever issue it is, and the doctor will just keep you on a hamster wheel
 

Dutchie

Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2012
Messages
765
@pboy I don't agree,the borrelia has to enter the body some way,usually transferred by a tickbite,so it comes from outside in.

@ilovesugar I forgot to mention,if you decide to do AB apart from what I've mentioned also make sure to repair your gutlining. As all AB in general usually damages the gut and causes bad bacterial overgrwoth/Candida.
 

pboy

Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2013
Messages
1,681
even if that was the case, your own body would have to allow it to proliferate. A well immune system wouldn't be touched
 

pboy

Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2013
Messages
1,681
this goes for anything...work on yourself and the maintenance of your own integrity and joy, and be intelligent about outside influences, and your immune system will not be phased
 

Parisa

Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2013
Messages
15
ilovesugar,

There are many variables to Lyme disease as there are many different strains of borrelia, the Lyme spirochete. Some strains like the joints and just hang out causing knee problems. Other strains affect the nervous system giving rise to MS, ALS, Parkinson symptoms. Then there are the co-infections carried and transmitted at the same time such as bartonella, babesiosis, etc. These co-infections combined with the different strains of borrelia complicate the picture and make no one case of Lyme disease similar to another. Some people have mild cases and are able to function and other people become seriously ill and even die. Is it possible with a perfectly functioning immune system to perhaps beat back the infection and get over it quickly and/or never know you had it. Probably. On the other hand, some people become seriously ill and trying to balance the immune system as the only avenue of treatment might not be enough. Sort of like a wild fire, if it is small and a light mist blows through it might go out, but once it becomes a raging wild fire, you'd better believe you are going to need to get out the hoses otherwise it will burn all the way to the sea.

If you are in the early stages of Lyme disease, it is in its most treatable stage if you get adequate treatment.
 

iLoveSugar

Member
Thread starter
Joined
Sep 19, 2013
Messages
964
I'm 14 years in. I tested negative for all co-infections, but positive for Lyme. Currently I am googling "ALS" all night due to uncontrollable left wrist twitching/hand weakness.

So basically, I am screwed if it's late stage?
 

Parisa

Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2013
Messages
15
When Lyme has gone on for a long time, it takes longer to treat. It doesn't mean it is untreatable. Lyme can cause nerve damage but if you had ALS you would be dead by now so I didn't mean to worry you just let you know that there are many different presentations to Lyme disease. When the bugs get in the nervous system, they can cause all sorts of nerve pain. My husband who was seriously ill with Lyme had a lot of nerve damage most of which he has recovered from.
 

Parisa

Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2013
Messages
15
He took long term antibiotics. He tried oral antibiotics for about 9 months but he continued to deteriorate so he was switched to IV antibiotics for about 20 months.
 

iLoveSugar

Member
Thread starter
Joined
Sep 19, 2013
Messages
964
Just what I wanted to hear! :):

I found almost no docs that accept my insurance that treat Lyme, let alone with iv. Aghhh
 

Parisa

Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2013
Messages
15
Most of the Lyme specialists don't accept insurance. If they do, the insurance companies go after them and they lose their licenses. We went to a Lyme specialist and paid his fees out of pocket. Our primary was sympathetic and we would bring the pharmacy scripts to him and he and his nurse did their best to get them covered. A lot of RX weren't covered or if they were some were only covered for a short period and then we had to pay out of pocket. That's the unfortunate reality of the politics of Lyme disease. The insurance company was willing to spend tens of thousands of dollars for chemotherapy treatments to treat my husband's disease as an autoimmune condition but balked at treating it similarly with antibiotics.
 

iLoveSugar

Member
Thread starter
Joined
Sep 19, 2013
Messages
964
Parisa said:
Most of the Lyme specialists don't accept insurance. If they do, the insurance companies go after them and they lose their licenses. We went to a Lyme specialist and paid his fees out of pocket. Our primary was sympathetic and we would bring the pharmacy scripts to him and he and his nurse did their best to get them covered. A lot of RX weren't covered or if they were some were only covered for a short period and then we had to pay out of pocket. That's the unfortunate reality of the politics of Lyme disease. The insurance company was willing to spend tens of thousands of dollars for chemotherapy treatments to treat my husband's disease as an autoimmune condition but balked at treating it similarly with antibiotics.

Was he also treating his immune or endocrine system at the same time?
 
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
5 Claritin Starves Lyme Disease Scientific Studies 3
bzmazu Lyme Disease Cover Up? Articles 8
Mito Essential Oils From Garlic And Other Herbs Kill 'persister' Lyme Disease Bacteria Articles & Scientific Studies 3
Ashoka Problems With Eating, Anhedonia, Lyme Disease, And More! Mental Issues 14
T Lyme Disease Cases Among Children Are On The Rise In Western Pennsylvania Articles & Scientific Studies 0
Ashoka Lyme Disease/MSIDS Mental Effects: Anxiety And Depression Mental Issues 10
Ashoka Lyme Disease Treatment Ask For Help or Advice 23
M Advice From Ray About Lyme Disease Logs 9
halken No-Carb diet reverses Lyme Disease Miscellaneous Health Discussions 6
M Claritin For Lyme Disease Health 7
D CFS/ME/Fibro/Lyme Symptoms, Causes 33
W CFS/ M.E./ Lyme/ Sibo . How To Move Forward? Eyes, Ears, Nose and Headaches/Migraines 13
R Would I Definitely Know If I Had Lyme? Ask For Help or Advice 8
R Lyme Ask For Help or Advice 6
N Lyme, Weight, and Blood Glucose Weight 6
S RA, Fibromyalgia, Lyme and estrogen allergy... Oh yes Meet & Greet 5
Nuri55 Can lisuride help with cushings disease with pituitary gland tumor ? Lisuride 2
T Vitamin D heals scar tissue...possible treatment for the dreaded Peyronies Disease? Ask For Help or Advice 0
md_a COVID-19 Is a Vascular Disease: Coronavirus’ Spike Protein Attacks Vascular System on a Cellular Level Scientific Studies 3
md_a COVID-19 RNA Based Vaccines and the Risk of Prion Disease Scientific Studies 6
C Is attitude the main difference between happiness/health and misery/disease? Meditation, Mindfullness, Religion, Spirituality 33
haidut Metabolic (energy) deficiency may be the cause of Parkinson Disease (PD) Scientific Studies 1
haidut Mitochondrial debris leaking in bloodstream may cause autoimmune disease Scientific Studies 0
haidut Glucose + vitamin B3 combo synergistic for treating mitochondrial disease Scientific Studies 1
Hugh Johnson COVID-19 RNA Based Vaccines and the Risk of Prion Disease Scientific Studies 10
Twohandsondeck How to fix gum disease for <$100 Oral Health 39
md_a The spike protein alone can cause severe disease Scientific Studies 4
Hgreen56 Milk cause Crohn disease & Rheumatoid Arthritis? Dairy 7
RealNeat Studying bats could have provided the best approach to COVID19 and any other "infection/disease." Animals 0
Mauritio Parkinsons Disease is not just a dopamine deficieny - mainstream admits Scientific Studies 4
Mito Causal effects of relative fat, protein, and carbohydrate intake on chronic kidney disease Articles & Scientific Studies 8
Jam Mortality From Coronavirus Disease 2019 Increases With Unsaturated Fat and May Be Reduced by Early Calcium and Albumin Supplementation Miscellaneous Health Discussions 3
charlie An Open-Label Pilot Study With High-Dose Thiamine in Parkinson's Disease Scientific Studies 5
bzmazu Is COVID19 a New Type of Bio-Energetic Disease State? We May Find Out the Hard Way March 2021. Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 6
Mito The efficacy of vitamin E in reducing non-alcoholic fatty liver disease E 0
md_a ACE/ACE2 Ratio: A Key Also in 2019 Coronavirus Disease (Covid-19)? Scientific Studies 2
Q What causes atherosclerosis and cardiovascular disease? Diet 4
haidut Glaucoma likely a metabolic disease, treatable by pyruvate and/or niacinamide Scientific Studies 2
H Link Between Alzheimer's Disease And Gut Microbiota Is Confirmed Alzheimer's 1
P Aducanumab For Alzheimer’s Disease (AD) Seems To Get FDA Approval Pharmaceutical Drugs 1
haidut Red Light Therapy For Parkinson Disease (PD) Begins Human Trials Scientific Studies 0
bzmazu Is Infectious Disease Just A Shell Game? Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 1
A. squamosa Graves Disease And Hyperthyroidism Thyroid and Hormones 7
Korven German Doctor Treats MS With Low PUFA Diet (Stops Disease In 84% Of Patients) Cancer, Degenerative Diseases 27
MaxVerstappen Bacteria And Viruses Don't Cause Disease Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 3
TheSir Saturated Fat Causes Heart Disease. If You Are Hypothyroid Fats 24
J Toilet Bowl Urine - Hydration Theory - Absolute BS! Vitamin D Deficiency - Kidney Disease? Health 8
haidut Aromatase Inhibitor (AI) + DHT Combo May Reverse Kidney Disease (CKD) Scientific Studies 3
haidut Parkinson Disease (PD) May Begin In The Gut Scientific Studies 0
haidut Simply Inhaling Endotoxin (LPS) May Cause Parkinson Disease (PD) Scientific Studies 2

Similar threads

Top