Lucky Australians, Raw Milk

paymanz

i think the luckier ones are people who have access to goat milk.

and infection is a big concern on raw milks,very nasty illnesses can arise from them.

Raw milk is a scam. Just because heat destroys lactase doesn't mean that the milk is then "bad." Peat said that raw milk is likely to cause more problems because of the bacteria. I wish there was a local brand of pasteurized, organic, skim (skimmed is still about a 1% fat, unless it was specially separated), gallon sized, glass bottled, natural diet fed, low cost, and ethically produced goat and jersey milk.

OP
E

EIRE24

Raw milk is a scam. Just because heat destroys lactase doesn't mean that the milk is then "bad." Peat said that raw milk is likely to cause more problems because of the bacteria. I wish there was a local brand of pasteurized, organic, skim (skimmed is still about a 1% fat, unless it was specially separated), gallon sized, glass bottled, natural diet fed, low cost, and ethically produced goat and jersey milk.

I have access to great skin goat milk. Organic and from grass fed jersey goats. I don't drink much though for the reasons I have bad skin and dairy is a main offender usually so I avoid it in large amounts.

squanch

I have access to raw goat milk and I've actually pasteurized it myself before to see if there's a difference. For me personally, the pasteurized milk causes noticeable gas in larger amounts, while the raw milk doesn't. Raw milk also tastes vastly superior.
Ray never said raw milk is "likely to cause more problems", he said it's potentially problematic for some people. Last time I checked he drinks skimmed raw milk himself.
Raw goat milk is awesome, don't hate on it just because you can't get it where you live :cool

schultz

i think the luckier ones are people who have access to goat milk.

Buy a goat! I can sell you a couple, I've got too many now... It's chaos! :pillowfightThere was no goat emoticon so I chose this pillow one which is amazing!

paymanz

Buy a goat! I can sell you a couple, I've got too many now... It's chaos! :pillowfightThere was no goat emoticon so I chose this pillow one which is amazing!
your so lucky man, i wish i were lived in a beautiful place like yours so i could keep those animals..:(

Shredder2

Raw dairy is the truth.

Maasai: perfect dental health

Fruitarians: often have ruined teeth
Pasteurized milk drinkers (Peatarian): Peat himself has lost his teeth (he cites wheatgerm as being the culprit, some are not convinced)...many people complaining about dental issues. Somewhat unverifiable what the long term effects are at this time, since drinking such large quantities of exclusively pasteurized milk is really a new thing that's come along with Peat (all traditional milk drinking cultures are drinking largely raw milk, SAD and lacto-vegetarians aren't drinking milk in these quantities, they usually follow more of a starch-based diet), but concerning signs are there, imo.

Last edited:

redred

I agree shredder. My teeth has gotten worse since i started peatin in 09. I dont think the modern milk is very good for us.

whodathunkit

IMO pasteurization is now primarily about letting the dairy farmers keep a dirtier dairy. Conditions don't have to be as sanitary if you're just going to heat the milk to kill the pathogenic bacteria, anyway.

That, and maybe to keep the middleman who pasteurizes the milk in business. My understanding is that most dairies sell their products to middlemen who complete the processing before shipping and re-selling to retail outlets. Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong. If I'm not, then that's probably another big reason why there's been no shift to raw milk despite big improvements in refrigeration techonlogy. To prevent their niche from disappearing or simply being reduced by giving people the option of raw or pasteurized, it would be in the interest of the pasteurizers to keep the gov't convinced that bacterial contamination from raw milk is a significant risk for a significant portion of the population. Even dairies who pasteurize their own might be interested in not eliminating the process because pricing the product according to that extra step could be artificially high. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a lobby for it in every state.

Buy a goat! I can sell you a couple, I've got too many now... It's chaos!
OMG, shultz, that's a goat in your avatar! :loveletter: I thought it was a newborn calf until this post and I looked closer.

I decided long ago when I finally get me my farm, first thing I'm going to do is buy a bunch of goats. I just love 'em. Have fun in the chaos! :)

lindsay

I wish there was a local brand of pasteurized, organic, skim (skimmed is still about a 1% fat, unless it was specially separated), gallon sized, glass bottled, natural diet fed, low cost, and ethically produced goat and jersey milk.

The problem with goats' milk (if you are avoiding fat) is that it is naturally homogenized. So separating the fat is very difficult and a big reason why you rarely find low fat goats' milk. There is one brand out there I've found (Meyenberg goats' milk), but if you look at the nutrition label, it has way less calcium and vitamins than its full fat counter part. There regular goats milk is delicious though. And they raise their goats on pasture and let them live happily until the end of their lives (or so I was told in an email from one of the customer service people).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals