Lucerne 1% Milk does not contain emulsifiers

Good news everybody. I contacted Albertsons/ Safeway about Lucerne 1% and what emulsifiers they use (the company owns Lucerne). It’s the same brand Ray used to/still drinks and I can see why because it does have a pleasing aftertaste that others milks do not have, After about a week waiting to get this information they have told me Lucerne does not contain any emulfisfiers.. I’m not sure if they are talking only about 1% since they didn’t specify in their response, but I asked specifically about 1%. Also, I can’t guarantee they are telling the truth, but this is the closest I can get to an official answer about this brand.

Attachments

• FD2BE6B8-BEE2-4CB3-BBCF-713E2E0C3176.png
    FD2BE6B8-BEE2-4CB3-BBCF-713E2E0C3176.png
    305.1 KB · Views: 40
  • D8298EAE-2E26-4B35-A73D-5608AEC45672.png
    D8298EAE-2E26-4B35-A73D-5608AEC45672.png
    118.7 KB · Views: 39

amd

Why not ask Reddit?

- My uncle runs a dairy farm, he says that Lucerne has a higher pus content.

- Lucerne milk is made using a Swiss process that leaves a bit of blood in it. You can't see it but it causes a subtle difference in taste.

- To me Lucerne milk the last year tastes like it has Powdered Milk mixed in with it. I grew up with that wretched shi! so I know what it tastes like so I refuse to buy it anymore.

- Lucerne milk is of the devil. (I hate Lucerne, sorry).

Mastemah

Lucerne tasted bad for about a year but this past month it started tasting fine again.

Dr. B

Good news everybody. I contacted Albertsons/ Safeway about Lucerne 1% and what emulsifiers they use (the company owns Lucerne). It’s the same brand Ray used to/still drinks and I can see why because it does have a pleasing aftertaste that others milks do not have, After about a week waiting to get this information they have told me Lucerne does not contain any emulfisfiers.. I’m not sure if they are talking only about 1% since they didn’t specify in their response, but I asked specifically about 1%. Also, I can’t guarantee they are telling the truth, but this is the closest I can get to an official answer about this brand.
the reduced and skim fat milks are required to have vitamins added. there should be material settling on the bottom of the milk if theres no emulsifiers used. since it has added vitamins

Why not ask Reddit?

- My uncle runs a dairy farm, he says that Lucerne has a higher pus content.

- Lucerne milk is made using a Swiss process that leaves a bit of blood in it. You can't see it but it causes a subtle difference in taste.

- To me Lucerne milk the last year tastes like it has Powdered Milk mixed in with it. I grew up with that wretched shi! so I know what it tastes like so I refuse to buy it anymore.

- Lucerne milk is of the devil. (I hate Lucerne, sorry).

that seems crazy. although yak milk supposedly has a bit of blood in it too

Mito

the reduced and skim fat milks are required to have vitamins added. there should be material settling on the bottom of the milk if theres no emulsifiers used. since it has added vitamins

that seems crazy. although yak milk supposedly has a bit of blood in it too
Some of these milk producers don’t realize that the vitamin packs they use contain emulsifiers until they look at the ingredients. If it has added D & A it has some kind of emulsifier, most likely polysorbate 80.

Dr. B

Some of these milk producers don’t realize that the vitamin packs they use contain emulsifiers until they look at the ingredients. If it has added D & A it has some kind of emulsifier, most likely polysorbate 80.
since the vitamins are in liquid form they also need a preservative and i think its usually propylene glycol. one of the lists i saw had polysorbate 80, water, sunflower oil, and propylene glycol. i wonder if some may even be using carrageenan or other gums.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals