Lucas Parker's Hormonal Profile

Broco6679

Did those levels make a difference for your sexual health and functionality

They made it worse. I was on for about three years and I tried everything. High doses, low doses, test + HCG, test + hcg + exemestane, one injection a week, daily injections, every ester, test cream - I'm sure you get the picture haha.

This was all prescribed and under the supervision of a doctor with blood work every 4-8 weeks. There comes a point where you begin to realise it's probably not the testosterone or estrogen that's the issue after three years of tinkering.

I currently take just 500iu HCG EOD, and this gives me better sexual function than test ever did despite only getting my levels to 600 ng/dL. Things still aren't great though; HCG gives me high e2, messed up my lipids, lowered DHEA-S and dropped my progesterone to undetectable levels.

I've had a low metabolic rate for a long time which I believe is the main issue. I'm coming off the HCG soon and trying NDT + low dose Prog and DHEA to see if things improve.

opethfeldt

I'm also on 50mg DHEA/day, doesn't make the slightest difference
50mg is quite a lot. Are you sure E1 isn't really high and thus blocking the effects of the androgens? DHEA seems to convert to estrogen easier than test, for some reason.

mrchibbs

Don't know if it's just me, but that's totally not the look I'm shooting for as a man.
Don't get me wrong, to each his own.

Broco6679

Don't know if it's just me, but that's totally not the look I'm shooting for as a man.
Don't get me wrong, to each his own.

I would have to concur.

Whilst my physique is nowhere near that level, I have a large amount of muscle mass and a similar level of body / facial hair, as well as the hair loss. Most of this was acquired after three years on T, and I'm not a fan at all.

mrchibbs

I would have to concur.

Whilst my physique is nowhere near that level, I have a large amount of muscle mass and a similar level of body / facial hair, as well as the hair loss. Most of this was acquired after three years on T, and I'm not a fan at all.

I agree. Most of my friends who have been the most happy/dynamic as young adults are not massively muscular, and nearly all of them have little to no body hair (but they almost all have kept their head hair intact). Yet they can be assertive, driven, charismatic and sexually active with lots of energy.

I was mostly like this throughout high school/early 20s, although I didn't have the best energy/libido you could ask at that age. After years of declining health, I finally became very ill, and during this illness, I went from no body hair at all to a sizeable amount everywhere. I'm still not particularly hairy (I have very little on arms/back), but within a very short timespan I gained a lot of dark hair on my torso, thighs etc. I think it's not necessarily a sign of great health, as DHEA becomes elevated in times of stress and hirsutism is seen in both sexes in situations of stress (MPB and PCOS). I agree with Ray Peat that the purest expression of a high metabolic rate is a pedomorphic physiology (meaning the retaining of youthful characteristics, both mental and physical). And I think, in both sexes, the only body hair which should really be present is underarms, and the crotch, and it seems to be there for communication by pheromones. Excessive hair elsewhere is a pathology of stress and estrogen dominance I think.

Plus, loads of muscle mass is not really functional. I do think strength training is really beneficial, as when it is done right, it decreases cortisol and increases testosterone, and we tend to forget it but test is an all around protective hormones, not just good for muscles and masculinity. But I fail to see the benefits of significant hypertrophy. Again, maybe that's just me, although I do agree that a man shouldn't be overly thin with limp muscles. Muscles are great since they produce protective hormones in of themselves and can store glycogen.

Spartan300

I'm starting slowly but currently trying T3 and I seem to be gaining a little weight but I'm not getting any leaner.

OP
T

TheBeard

I agree. Most of my friends who have been the most happy/dynamic as young adults are not massively muscular, and nearly all of them have little to no body hair (but they almost all have kept their head hair intact). Yet they can be assertive, driven, charismatic and sexually active with lots of energy.

I was mostly like this throughout high school/early 20s, although I didn't have the best energy/libido you could ask at that age. After years of declining health, I finally became very ill, and during this illness, I went from no body hair at all to a sizeable amount everywhere. I'm still not particularly hairy (I have very little on arms/back), but within a very short timespan I gained a lot of dark hair on my torso, thighs etc. I think it's not necessarily a sign of great health, as DHEA becomes elevated in times of stress and hirsutism is seen in both sexes in situations of stress (MPB and PCOS). I agree with Ray Peat that the purest expression of a high metabolic rate is a pedomorphic physiology (meaning the retaining of youthful characteristics, both mental and physical). And I think, in both sexes, the only body hair which should really be present is underarms, and the crotch, and it seems to be there for communication by pheromones. Excessive hair elsewhere is a pathology of stress and estrogen dominance I think.

Plus, loads of muscle mass is not really functional. I do think strength training is really beneficial, as when it is done right, it decreases cortisol and increases testosterone, and we tend to forget it but test is an all around protective hormones, not just good for muscles and masculinity. But I fail to see the benefits of significant hypertrophy. Again, maybe that's just me, although I do agree that a man shouldn't be overly thin with limp muscles. Muscles are great since they produce protective hormones in of themselves and can store glycogen.

The athlete I put picture of has in no way a non-functional muscle mass.
If anything he is one of the most functional athletes there is, unlike bodybuilders.

OP
T

TheBeard

50mg is quite a lot. Are you sure E1 isn't really high and thus blocking the effects of the androgens? DHEA seems to convert to estrogen easier than test, for some reason.

Inspite of my close to 400mg/week testosterone, 2000iu/week HCG and 50mg DHEA/day and no AI I still have low estrogen symptoms : no raging libido, little water retention, little glycogen stores in muscles (looking flat), zero nipple soreness, achy joints.
I doubt I have brought estrogens too high

opethfeldt

Inspite of my close to 400mg/week testosterone, 2000iu/week HCG and 50mg DHEA/day and no AI I still have low estrogen symptoms : no raging libido, little water retention, little glycogen stores in muscles (looking flat), zero nipple soreness, achy joints.
I doubt I have brought estrogens too high
Maybe estrogen is too low then. Estrogen is needed for expression of androgen receptors.

Broco6679

Why are you using such high doses? Is this purely for the physique benefits, or is there something else you're hoping to achieve?

I'd be interested in seeing your bloods on your current protocol.

tallglass13

My perspective shows that he's got plenty of hair on top I don't know about his crown since there's no picture of the back of him , he shaved his head obviously but you can see plenty of hair follicles.

Broken man

Ye, this is perfect.... After developed celiac disease, my stomach is bloat And hideen in fur. I have photos of myself 2 years old and you would dont think that Its me. Its So sad.

mrchibbs

Ye, this is perfect.... After developed celiac disease, my stomach is bloat And hideen in fur. I have photos of myself 2 years old and you would dont think that Its me. Its So sad.

I feel you. I think it can be reversed. Focus on removing chronic stress sources, and intestinal inflammation is a major source of stress.
Go to bed early every night, and go on walks every day. Lose the extra weight, and that will improve insulin sensitivity, and that alone has been shown to reduce hirsutism.
Take pregnenolone everyday, which stops excess adrenal production (which is the source of the androgenization during stress). Improve your temperature etc.

Further steps when you're in good health is to expose your full body to sunshine, which tends to make the body hair paler. Ray has even talked
about experiencing a summertime shed of body hair.

I think the last steps, cosmetically are laser light devices (which reduces dark hair on pale skin), and of course, applying topical progesterone in MCT oil to hairy areas. (It's better to shave beforehand so its easier to apply).

Broken man

I feel you. I think it can be reversed. Focus on removing chronic stress sources, and intestinal inflammation is a major source of stress.
Go to bed early every night, and go on walks every day. Lose the extra weight, and that will improve insulin sensitivity, and that alone has been shown to reduce hirsutism.
Take pregnenolone everyday, which stops excess adrenal production (which is the source of the androgenization during stress). Improve your temperature etc.

Further steps when you're in good health is to expose your full body to sunshine, which tends to make the body hair paler. Ray has even talked
about experiencing a summertime shed of body hair.

I think the last steps, cosmetically are laser light devices (which reduces dark hair on pale skin), and of course, applying topical progesterone in MCT oil to hairy areas. (It's better to shave beforehand so its easier to apply).
I am waiting on my LDN and doc to do test for prolactin and testosterone.

OP
T

TheBeard

Why are you using such high doses? Is this purely for the physique benefits, or is there something else you're hoping to achieve?

I'd be interested in seeing your bloods on your current protocol.

Physique, cognitive benefits, libido, counter the Androgen Insensivity Syndrom we all suffer from given the quantities of EDC present in the environment that occupy androgen and estrogen receptors in lieu of our own hormones.

I sit between 1500-2500ng/dl, maybe higher some days

Broken man

Physique, cognitive benefits, libido, counter the Androgen Insensivity Syndrom we all suffer from given the quantities of EDC present in the environment that occupy androgen and estrogen receptors in lieu of our own hormones.

Can I ask you, did you try creatine? Are you using caprylic acid?

Broken man

And how is your prolactin?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals