LSD Vs Other Anti-serotonin Drugs

A

Anonymous

Why does LSD seem to have a long lasting effect on people after a single use, meanwhile, other anti-serotonin drugs have to be taken continuously?

Vinero

LSD gives you deeper insights into reality, while other anti serotonin drugs don't seem to do this to my knowledge

mt_dreams

Not sure what kind of other anti-serotonin drugs you are referring to, but LSD (like shrooms & aya) is like a disk de-fragger for the brain. It usually takes a couple of weeks for your traditional thoughts to creep back in, which reverts you back to traditional observations.

pboy

cannabis is like a mild version of them but allows functioning, which is why..if you just take a small, tiny hit, its one of the best things there is. The other things, like shrooms (ive never taken LSD) you kind of have to make...a day out of it, unless youre just doing errands or chores or whatever, but it would be hard to work on it and unpleasant or be around family or something. They are best in nature. Cannabis is also, but the thing about it is you can be in a mild level of highness but still function totally and be around people and all that, so you can ...its huge, you can come to major insights about stuff, in real time. It puts you into reality perspective, which...often exposes how drab, weird, and lifeless work places and many people are. The more things you do and the more people youre around and the more you experience in that state, the more you can get your mind straight. Theres not too many drugs like that, shrooms, perhaps peyote, probly LSD, things like ayuhasca and amanita muschrooms...I don't know about those man, cause like...how much progress can you really make when you have to be in closed quarters because your sh***ing and vominting during the trip? That's completely o pposite of the state of mind youre supposed to be in to be of higher awareness. That's why p eople before trips would eat special diets, the yogis in india would eat just rice fruit and milk when ingesting large amoutns of bhang, native americans masa atole with few other things, before their visionary quests. Ive noticed also that the people ive heard experiences from that take ayhuasca never seem to like...they are just spitting, regurtitating, lines of what its supposed to be like...it seems they just have a scary **** trip and yak and ***t and don't actually change as a pe rson, they still have a pretensive kind of...mainstream voice when talking about it. The things that make a big difference are when youre overcome with ecstatic love and beauty when you realize the art of life, and it changes how you are as a person. Even peyote can be incredibly intense and not really ideal in my sense. I know people might have visions and perported benefits from those things, but I don't think its that grounded in reality in terms of it changing them as a person and...tangibley making them more a genuinely happy good person. Real tripping substances should be gentle and heightening and heart centered, to where you are changed from more a monkey mind into a witnessing and feeling life as the art it is. You can get mild heightned state with raw cacao, but its very stimulating and post digestive effect, like the first 6-8 hours are very nice, but then once it hits your colon its like major constipative and irritating, so it puts you in a vicsous cycle, a crash basically. Reishi mushroom you can have a very light sense of heightened awareness and feel pretty good...its not something you can trip on..but the state you're in when you drink a lot of tea made from it are pretty nice, I could see even average people gaining benefit from that, becoming more sane. The real primare potent ones though are cannabis, shrooms, and (never taken it, but guessing) LSD. I think cannabis is the best because you can live on it, but the others are probably very good too time to time as a total engaging refresher...ive had some epic times on shrooms, and really yea..like the previous poster said, it lasts with you...for like a week or two. Not a trip, but...that sense of seeing the energies...seeing life as energies and art, pervaded gently even for a while after its use. Theres also things like DMT and salvia which again...major potent trip, but the people ive seen use them and based on their effects, its just a thrill thing more than actually a grounded in reality healing. Things cant be too intense of you cant...be reflective and still present in reality and calm of gut to actually re wire yourself in a gentle very happy, almost salvation level feeling...its like, the shudders and clouds are lifted and you ...see life as a magnificent creation and everything feels more. The intense things are more like, even ayuahasca, its sort of just a thrill or an experience that I cant see having big time benefits...I mean, it disturbs the hell out of your gut, you cant live on it...you're not yourself basically. Cannabis shrooms and im guessing LSD youre still yourself, just one step or maybe 2 out of the body...but still in it, so you can...analyze yourself in real time and situations

DaveFoster

mt_dreams said:
post 80699 Not sure what kind of other anti-serotonin drugs you are referring to, but LSD (like shrooms & aya) is like a disk de-fragger for the brain. It usually takes a couple of weeks for your traditional thoughts to creep back in, which reverts you back to traditional observations.
Very interesting point, and very true.

As for cannabis, it raises cortisol. Cortisol is bad. Therefore, cannabis is bad. It also has the unwanted side effect of making an individual refrain from paragraphs in their posts.

LSD is a far more beneficial substance than cannabis. Lisuride is even more interesting, and hydergine even more so.

Quinine is an interesting substance that possesses similar properties to pCPA, so any input with either of these drugs that interfere with tryptophan metabolism would be very interesting.

PS: Necro-bump.

Last edited by a moderator:

Parsifal

DaveFoster said:
post 108887
mt_dreams said:
post 80699 Not sure what kind of other anti-serotonin drugs you are referring to, but LSD (like shrooms & aya) is like a disk de-fragger for the brain. It usually takes a couple of weeks for your traditional thoughts to creep back in, which reverts you back to traditional observations.
Very interesting point, and very true.

As for cannabis, it raises cortisol. Cortisol is bad. Therefore, cannabis is bad. It also has the unwanted side effect of making an individual refrain from paragraphs in their posts.

LSD is a far more beneficial substance than cannabis. Lisuride is even more interesting, and hydergine even more so.

Quinine is an interesting substance that possesses similar properties to pCPA, so any input with either of these drugs that interfere with tryptophan metabolism would be very interesting.

PS: Necro-bump.
Are you sure that cannabis raises cortisol? It increases brain metabolism so someone not eating enough to sustain good metabolism could have high cortisol, same for anything that increases metabolism? Probably far from a perfect herb though.

Never tried LSD-derived drugs and I don't really want to do that, lot of bad trips histories and the rush phase from mushroom really looks like amphetamins. I don't understand why such a "perfect" drugs would have so much bad histories?

DaveFoster

Parsifal said:
Are you sure that cannabis raises cortisol?
Yes, although this response likely attenuates over a long-term period of usage.

Also, cannabibidiol has an affinity for the estrogen receptor at higher concentrations, but THC likely does not. Smoking also raises estrogen.

Parsifal said:
Never tried LSD-derived drugs and I don't really want to do that, lot of bad trips histories and the rush phase from mushroom really looks like amphetamins. I don't understand why such a "perfect" drugs would have so much bad histories?
Because people use ridiculous dosages. A dose that is 10x the functional dose for aspirin as an uncoupler (2g/day) may very well kill you. A dose that is 300-600x the amount that causes extreme hallucinatory episodes for LSD, (so more like 3000-6000x the dose required for therapeutic benefits) will kill you. The lack of toxicity of ergot derivatives, particularly LSD, is unrivaled in the field of pharmacology.

No responsible person professes a 10g daily dose of caffeine, as such will produce extreme nausea and hallucinations (although I've gotten as high as 2g). The same may be said about those who recommend a 250-500 ug (microgram) doses of LSD. A more acceptable dose would be 5-50 ug per day. Or a bi-weekly dose of 100 ug or so.

Peata said:
post 108943
DaveFoster said:
post 108887
Theanine too.
[/quote]
My favorite substance.

tara

DaveFoster said:
post 108887 Therefore, cannabis is bad. It also has the unwanted side effect of making an individual refrain from paragraphs in their posts.
:lol:

DaveFoster said:
post 108958 The lack of toxicity of ergot derivatives, particularly LSD, is unrivaled in the field of pharmacology.
I think the warnings on some of the ergot derivatives used against migraines have some strong warnings based on safety issues with exceeding recommended doses by too much.

DaveFoster said:
post 108958
No responsible person professes a 10g daily dose of caffeine, as such will produce extreme nausea and hallucinations (although I've gotten as high as 2g).
Or death. I agree with your point about dose being relevant.

Wagner83

I'm extremely interested in micro dosing lsd. Does anyone have a source he can pm me? What anti serotonin drugs are closer to it?

Atman

I'm extremely interested in micro dosing lsd. Does anyone have a source he can pm me? What anti serotonin drugs are closer to it?

You can acquire 1P-LSD pretty easily online and its effects are perceived as equivalent to LSD by most people.

Waynish

I really don't think this is as straight forward as anyone else here is making it seem. This isn't such an equation (cannabis = cortisol = bad), or (LSD = anti-serotonin = good)... The whole point of the Peat paradigms is to embrace more complexity and not settle for such simplistic ideologies.

If you do cannabis, then I recommend stopping (at least for a while).
If you've not done cannabis, then I recommend trying it.
If you're mentally stable, have an ideal environment, and someone else who you're close to that wants to go on a trip with you, then I highly recommend trying 110-180mcgs of LSD.

Herbie

Here is a guy who talks about a Cyproheptadine trip, Im not sure if he was using this with DMT. He was a person who was a clinical volunteer for DMT research.

I tried to find out the effects of extreme Cyproheptadine dosages and found that it causes delirium which is not a safe state to be in.

Wagner83

You can acquire 1P-LSD pretty easily online and its effects are perceived as equivalent to LSD by most people.

Thanks. I have seen a few not so ecstatic reviews on it (Microdosing 1P-LSD)

I really don't think this is as straight forward as anyone else here is making it seem. This isn't such an equation (cannabis = cortisol = bad), or (LSD = anti-serotonin = good)... The whole point of the Peat paradigms is to embrace more complexity and not settle for such simplistic ideologies.

If you do cannabis, then I recommend stopping (at least for a while).
If you've not done cannabis, then I recommend trying it.
If you're mentally stable, have an ideal environment, and someone else who you're close to that wants to go on a trip with you, then I highly recommend trying 110-180mcgs of LSD.

All the anecdotical feedback I've seen on micro dosing lsd 2-3 times a week begs to differ. But I agree experimenting is a good thing if you're in a good place mentally. By the way I hate cannabis I find it's so ******* useless !

Waynish

Thanks. I have seen a few not so ecstatic reviews on it (Microdosing 1P-LSD)

All the anecdotical feedback I've seen on micro dosing lsd 2-3 times a week begs to differ. But I agree experimenting is a good thing if you're in a good place mentally. By the way I hate cannabis I find it's so ******* useless !

Sure, but why become dependent on that. I've microdosed, but it just increases your tolerance. Why not wait ever couple months and have an experience that is amazing on both the physical and the psychological planes?

squanch

I'm extremely interested in micro dosing lsd. What anti serotonin drugs are closer to it?
Why not try psilocybin instead? One day on, two days off is the standard routine for microdosing.

Last edited:

Wagner83

Well if it has to be LSD, then picking one of the trusted LSD vendors on the darknet is probably the easiest way.

Regardless, get an LSD test kit before taking more than a small dose ;)

Thanks for both advice.

Sure, but why become dependent on that. I've microdosed, but it just increases your tolerance. Why not wait ever couple months and have an experience that is amazing on both the physical and the psychological planes?

I've seen a few reports of people who did not develop tolerance to lsd yhen they micro dosed 2-3 times a week. But taking some more time off every once in a while should help too.

Why not try psilocybin instead? One day on, two days off is the standard routine for microdosing.
Ok I will look into it.