LSD Nutrition

Samya

Hi there peatarians,

I'm new to the forum and have a few observations to share along with a question, in regards to optimal nutrition for the brain under the influence of LSD.

I use LSD quite regularly and have been eating a low-carb diet for the last few years, I usually eat carbs the night before I take LSD and have always tripped just fine. I've noticed a few times that if I don't carb-up the previous evening the effects of the LSD are significantly reduced.

I experimented recently by staying low-carb before a trip... ~2 hrs after dosing (when LSD should be close to peaking) I found the effects were reduced by at least half and I was ravenously hungry. I usually lose all hunger for ~9hrs after dosing and had the thought my brain wasn't receiving enough energy, specifically glucose. I tested this by eating a few different foods to try and supply the energy... at the time I had a strong craving for milk (even though it had been years since I'd drank any) but didn't have any available... after testing a few different foods I found potatoes and a few tablespoons of honey most effectively brought the effects of the LSD to where they should've been for the dose.

I've since stopped eating a very low-carb diet as I love LSD and feel that anything that can block it's effects can't be very healthy for the brain - I'm now drinking plenty of raw milk and eating potatoes everyday. I've experimented some more and drinking milk during the trip does increase the strength in a similar fashion to the potatoes & honey. I feel ~50-100g of glucose is enough to supply the fuel necessary as any more doesn't seem to increase the effects, at least for a while.

I'm curious how many of you use LSD, and whether you've experimented with different foods to fuel the experience?
I used to always go into a trip overnight fasted but am now tending towards drinking a generous portion of milk a few hours before a trip, maybe with some honey mixed in for good measure. I feel like milk is perfect as it supplies everything a growing brain needs (fats/proteins/carbs), it's liquid (eating solids on LSD can be a bit strange) and it's also very comforting, promoting a good mood. I've also had very psychologically regressive experiences with LSD, womblike experiences, feeling like a baby again etc.

Thanks for any of your thoughts ;)

Last edited:

Vinero

I do shrooms a lot and in my experience eating a big meal with a lot of protein before the trip really helps to have a positive, comfortable trip. Not eating or Fasting usually gives me bad trips. Psychedelics really use up a lot of energy so it makes sense to eat a lot before dropping.

Vinero

White rice with red meat for some reason gives me good trips, don't know why but it's kinda my ritual to eat that if I know I'm gonna trip.

OP
Samya

Samya

Thanks for sharing your experience Vinero, it makes sense that being well nourished would be comforting and help a positive experience.

I remember once fasting before mushrooms and I was extremely hungry during the trip but couldn't eat, I now always make sure to get my energy levels up prior to dosing.

I think you chose a good option; beef has plenty of protein, vitamins & minerals and the rice has plenty of glucose for some fast energy.

:emoji_rice:&:emoji_meat_on_bone::thumbsup:

Last edited:

Vinero

This summer I can finally get my hands on LSD, so I'm gonna experiment with that soon. Can't wait. What dosage do you think is best for someone who doesn't want to get trip too hard and get introverted/anti-social but wants to have a good time with friends in the park?

With mushrooms there are three levels also described by Terence Mckenna:
1. Low doses increase visual acuity, but you dont feel high or stoned or anything.
2. Medium doses cause arousal, and you feel very energetic and high. Everything is fun and beautiful. Increased playfulness. Great at party's or at a club for example. I have used medium doses as a replacement for alcohol when partying. Feels a lot like MDMA.
3. High doses cause a full blown psychedelic experience which can be terrifying or life changing. Being around other people is just extremely difficult and it's best to just be on your own somewhere to observe the massive hallucinations you get.

Last edited:
OP
Samya

Samya

While your mileage may vary, for some frolicking in the park with friends I'd go with at least 50 micrograms to get a feel for LSD, which should be enough to provide an altered state of mind without being too overwhelming. If you'd prefer more of a 'trip' with visuals etc then 75-100 micrograms should also be fine considering your intentions and previous experience with psilocybin mushrooms.

If you're with inexperienced friends I'd suggest to take ~50 micrograms each, for those unfamiliar with psychedelics 50mcg can be satisfactory and there's always next time if you feel the need to try more. 75-100 micrograms is usually 1 standard tab, there are of course stronger tabs around but rarely above 150 micrograms.

Depending on sensitivity and set & setting, that McKenna scale for LSD (imo) would look something like:

1. 25 micrograms
2. 50-100 micrograms
3. 125-250 micrograms

Please come back and share your experience. :)

Last edited:

Waynish

Cool thread! @Vinero, I think a good starting dosage is 100mcg - 120mcg (typically 1 tab, but they can vary a lot, so ask). Main thing is set & setting, I think (be around someone you really like).

My biggest side-effect on LSD is related to SIBO I think. It can produce a lot of gas - especially if I've eaten more sugar recently, it seems. It is also obvious that the gas is being produced in the exact same part of the gut that I'm sensitive to food in what I'm sober. However, it is clear to me that eating whatever you're deficient in allows one to have much better and more intense trips. Whatever brings your energy levels up the best when you're not tripping seems to be pretty much the same as what increases the intensity and quality of experience when you are tripping. And when you're tripping, food is often unappetizing, but I find that whatever does appetize you at the time is likely what will increase your trip. For me a little red wine and dark chocolate do wonders. I've seen a snack totally change someone's trip from loss of control to being back in control and loving it. It seems much more difficult to induce a bad trip in people who have great control over their energy levels.

I will try to use activated charcoal next time (before the trip) to stop the gas, and hopefully sugars will not feed it so much. It has been suggested that the LSD fueled gas are actually die-of symptoms, and that seems to make sense to me. Still trying to get to the exact cause here.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals