LSD Forces People To Think About The Present/future And Not The Past

LUH 3417

I haven't tried any psychedelic substance yet, and so far I'm only learning about this matter. But here's a thought that crosses my mind each time I think of giving such a substance a try - the so called bad trips, the unpleasant negative experiences people do report must be a result of certain biochemical profile of the organism at the time of tripping, which to a large extend could determinate the way a psychedelic substance will modulate the brain function, which - as countless of times reported - often is described as a bad trip. A bad trip is often described as unpleasant and stressful. Could it be possible by limiting one's organism base potential for stressful reaction to limit the chance of a bad trip taking place?

Maybe there's literature covering such questions, I don't know. And certainly I'm among the least educated individuals on this. But if there's a chance that a question like this one and it's direction are valid, perhaps pregnenolone, theanine and some other substances could be in aid?
I remember when I was a teenager people talking about drinking orange juice on an acid trip and saying it would intensify the peak and make things even more interesting. I wonder if it’s because the orange juice mitigates the stress response.

I remember when I was a teenager people talking about drinking orange juice on an acid trip and saying it would intensify the peak and make things even more interesting. I wonder if it’s because the orange juice mitigates the stress response.
I have heard this in the past but it slipped my mind. Brilliant idea my friend

Beefcake

I haven't tried any psychedelic substance yet, and so far I'm only learning about this matter. But here's a thought that crosses my mind each time I think of giving such a substance a try - the so called bad trips, the unpleasant negative experiences people do report must be a result of certain biochemical profile of the organism at the time of tripping, which to a large extend could determinate the way a psychedelic substance will modulate the brain function, which - as countless of times reported - often is described as a bad trip. A bad trip is often described as unpleasant and stressful. Could it be possible by limiting one's organism base potential for stressful reaction to limit the chance of a bad trip taking place?

Maybe there's literature covering such questions, I don't know. And certainly I'm among the least educated individuals on this. But if there's a chance that a question like this one and it's direction are valid, perhaps pregnenolone, theanine and some other substances could be in aid?

I’ve done lots of LSD and mushrooms. My best advice to anyone who wants to give it a try is to start with a really low dose. Start with half a blotter paper of acid or something like that. Take a low dose mushrooms and feel the vibe. After 2-3 hours take the other halft. Obviously like you mentioned if you’re mentally in a good place your trip is most likely gonna be alright as long as you don’t go hard and scare yourself. Once you had a bad trip I feel it’s hard to use that drug again because usually the feeling reminds you of the bad experience. But I can totally say that marijuana can be equally bad trip as mushrooms and LSD if you smoke strong stuff and mentally are in a bad place. I personally hate marijuana most of all drugs. It makes me very uncomfortable.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Im wondering if same goes for psilocybin. Weird thing psilocybin doesn’t seem to have any stimulating effect on dopamine like LSD does. But still the experience of both are extremly similair in comparison. They are both basically from a fungus and they both have cross tolerance which means they work in the same way and same receptors in the brain? So either psilocybin do have affinity for dopamine or LSD positive effects are attributed to it’s effect on serotonin.

I think it can help. Given that it has been shown to increase brain plasticity and BDNF levels I'd argue this is still an indication of a anti-serotonergic effect (despite no change in blood serotonin) as serotonin is what causes the rigidity of lifestyle/cognition in old age or trauma. MDMA may be soon approved as PTSD treatment and it seems to have similar positive effects on traumatic states by improving brain plasticity and forcing a more future-oriented outlook.
PRESS RELEASE: FDA Grants Breakthrough Therapy Designation for MDMA-Assisted Psychotherapy for PTSD, Agrees on Special Protocol Assessment for Phase 3 Trials - MAPS

lampofred

MDMA especially with caffeine will selectively kill serotonin neurons... Might have to go that route, since I'm not able to reduce 5HT any other way...

Beefcake

MDMA especially with caffeine will selectively kill serotonin neurons... Might have to go that route, since I'm not able to reduce 5HT any other way...

I don’t think that sort of thinking is good. I did use loads and loads of MDMA and the side effect are horrible and long lastin. Took me 3-4 years to get rid of most of it. It sure as hell kill brain cells in higher doses. If you stay close to the 100mg dose without redosing i think it’s quite safe. Overheating is a big problem aswell as overheating causes even more serotonin to release thus inducing more toxicity and serotonin syndrome. I doubt though that the good effects from mdma is primarily from serotonin. It increases dopamine by 500% and probably alot of other neurotransmitters. Would be interesting to see if a combination of cyphroheptadine and MDMA would still cause all the euphoria. If the euphoria is inhibited that we know the feel good effects are mainly from serotonin release.

andrewlee224

I think rumination in general is linked to bad metabolism. Every year I have this period of time between January-February when I ruminate/am kind of depressed and I hate it. At my best I'm a person who chases goals and hates melancholy/nostalgia, etc.

dukesbobby777

I don’t think that sort of thinking is good. I did use loads and loads of MDMA and the side effect are horrible and long lastin. Took me 3-4 years to get rid of most of it. It sure as hell kill brain cells in higher doses. If you stay close to the 100mg dose without redosing i think it’s quite safe. Overheating is a big problem aswell as overheating causes even more serotonin to release thus inducing more toxicity and serotonin syndrome. I doubt though that the good effects from mdma is primarily from serotonin. It increases dopamine by 500% and probably alot of other neurotransmitters. Would be interesting to see if a combination of cyphroheptadine and MDMA would still cause all the euphoria. If the euphoria is inhibited that we know the feel good effects are mainly from serotonin release.
The good effects aren’t from serotonin release. I’ve used MDAI (a pure serotonin releaser) years ago, and it was not euphoric in any way. Dopamine releasers do induce euphoria.

Frankdee20

Has anyone ever done an Acid/Base Mescaline extraction from Cactus, or simply prepared boiled down San Pedro water extract ?I’ve been thinking of making the tea because no Xylene and Lye is involved or harsh acid. Mescaline is a completely different structure than the Serotonin skeleton tryptamines (LSD, DMT, Psilocybin) and resembles Dopamine being a phenylethylamine like MDMA.

Herbie

Has anyone ever done an Acid/Base Mescaline extraction from Cactus, or simply prepared boiled down San Pedro water extract ?I’ve been thinking of making the tea because no Xylene and Lye is involved or harsh acid. Mescaline is a completely different structure than the Serotonin skeleton tryptamines (LSD, DMT, Psilocybin) and resembles Dopamine being a phenylethylamine like MDMA.
Yeah, I went to an ayahuasca retreat in Amazon Peru. They just put cactus in a blender and we drank it but it was so slimy and took a long time to drink.

I made it back home myself by boiling the cactus for a day and reducing it down to smaller and smaller amounts.

It’s incredibly bitter and hard to hold down without vomiting but after the nausea goes which is about an hour. it’s a good time for a day and comes in waves.

Frankdee20

Yeah, I went to an ayahuasca retreat in Amazon Peru. They just put cactus in a blender and we drank it but it was so slimy and took a long time to drink.

I made it back home myself by boiling the cactus for a day and reducing it down to smaller and smaller amounts.

It’s incredibly bitter and hard to hold down without vomiting but after the nausea goes which is about an hour. it’s a good time for a day and comes in waves.
How does mescaline differ from Acid ? For me, acid is pretty analytical and cerebral. It doesn’t really have the whole one with nature romance that people report on mushrooms. Acid is also pretty unpredictable. Then again, cactus tea has other alkaloids in it too, and isn’t going to be as potent as isolated synthetic mescaline. That’s almost impossible to find anymore because the yield is low and profitability isn’t an incentive.

Herbie

How does mescaline differ from Acid ? For me, acid is pretty analytical and cerebral. It doesn’t really have the whole one with nature romance that people report on mushrooms. Acid is also pretty unpredictable. Then again, cactus tea has other alkaloids in it too, and isn’t going to be as potent as isolated synthetic mescaline. That’s almost impossible to find anymore because the yield is low and profitability isn’t an incentive.
I don’t know about lsd or mushrooms but Mescaline is described as a gentle grandfather teacher so a lot of revelations come from the experience. Visions and ecstasy like mdma. id say the least frightening or unpredictable experience. I was listening to music and seeing the sounds in colours and shapes, pretty amazing. I didn’t feel one with nature but definitely felt the grandfather spirit of it.

I made it more potent by using heaps of cactus and reducing the liquid many times. I think you can then dry it out in the oven and increase it further. Each cactus is going to have different levels of alkaloids depending of the conditions it’s been in.

The reason it’s not that popular is because the cactus takes so long to grow and would take heaps of work to get lots of mescaline from it.

Frankdee20

I don’t know about lsd or mushrooms but Mescaline is described as a gentle grandfather teacher so a lot of revelations come from the experience. Visions and ecstasy like mdma. id say the least frightening or unpredictable experience. I was listening to music and seeing the sounds in colours and shapes, pretty amazing. I didn’t feel one with nature but definitely felt the grandfather spirit of it.

I made it more potent by using heaps of cactus and reducing the liquid many times. I think you can then dry it out in the oven and increase it further. Each cactus is going to have different levels of alkaloids depending of the conditions it’s been in.

The reason it’s not that popular is because the cactus takes so long to grow and would take heaps of work to get lots of mescaline from it.
Yes, Peyote especially takes a long time to grow.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals