LSD Forces People To Think About The Present/future And Not The Past

Barry Obummer

I think this needs a bit of clarification. While I generally agree with you, I would add :

- Ayahuasca/Psilocibin trips are MUCH shorter than LSD trips. Hence the need for glycogen can be much higher with LSD. 12 hours with the metabolism going at maximum speed without food isn't really good. The body is ready to resist such an stress but not very often. I have the impression that the common conception that drugs are harmful for the body is not because of the drugs themselves but because one forgets about nutrition, sleep, etc. while on them.

- I think the key is not fasting but having clean or empty bowels. So if you eat very light foods like fruit or honey or a bit of white rice I think it's good. The important thing is not having heavy meals with dairy, red meat, etc. These foods can be anti-stress but have a dense energy which could sound quakery but as soon as you enter the psychedelic realms all these things become real.

@allblues thanks for the answer.

Yea good point, def empty bowels. I think the honey is a really good idea. Coconut water is good but you need to add some salt. I think a little sugar, water, and electrolytes will enhance the experience and leave you less drained afterwards. It would probably help avoid insomnia as well.

wiggles92

Surely you can stomach something like Coke or Fanta on LSD? Having done MDMA a few times, I understand the complete lack of appetite issue. Perhaps ginger ale would be best, as it would settle the stomach too. I was always able to have a bit of ice cream too. So yeah, ginger ale and ice cream would probably fix the glycogen depletion problem and the digestion troubles.

@haidut Do you know if magic mushrooms (or other drugs like mescaline or Ayahuasca that make you vomit btw) would have the same effects?

Why do some people get flashback some month after taking LSD, bad trips or post hallucinogenic perceptual disorder (hppd)?

I've taken LOTS of mushrooms (nearly every Sunday from October through April when I was younger) and never vomited, even on a very large dose. I do get a slight queasy feeling in the tummy (sort of like butterflies) as it starts to kick in, but I've never felt full on nausea. Btw, I'm a small woman, not sure if that matters. :2cents:

mt_dreams

My non scientific woo-woo ideology for this would be that lsd (and other psychedelics) removes one from the seat of the observer. The observer is the observed, meaning the observer observes through the looking glass of the past aka the observer's seat. When one has been removed from the seat of the observer, one can observe without filtering it through the past. The brain would much prefer to spend most of it's time observing instead of being the observer, but our current programming has it's limitations.

TheHound

the times I've tried lsd resulted in thought loops and some serious negative thoughts coming out at times. because of this it resulted in me calling some friends and telling them to come over so they can distract me from my own thoughts. it also has the tendency to occasionally make me think during the trip if I will ever go back to normal, which is a pretty bad feeling when tripping

despite these negatives, I don't regret trying it. it's a very weird experience overall. maybe it was the lsd I used, because it also resulted in an uncomfortable feeling in the head area

PhilParma

it also has the tendency to occasionally make me think during the trip if I will ever go back to normal, which is a pretty bad feeling when tripping
This happened to me on MJ, the few times I tried it. I was convinced that I had a brain tumor and that my new (paranoid) way of thinking would never go away. 'This is my new normal...oh no...'

despite these negatives, I don't regret trying it. it's a very weird experience overall. maybe it was the lsd I used, because it also resulted in an uncomfortable feeling in the head area
It could have been a research chemical instead of true LSD. Do you know how many ug's you took?

I've never partaken btw...I'm considering it.

TheHound

This happened to me on MJ, the few times I tried it. I was convinced that I had a brain tumor and that my new (paranoid) way of thinking would never go away. 'This is my new normal...oh no...'

It could have been a research chemical instead of true LSD. Do you know how many ug's you took?

I've never partaken btw...I'm considering it.

115 ug. about 160 the second time. Not a research chemical, it was the real deal. I think it may have been "dirty" though

LUH 3417

I take about 10-20 mcg once a week. Weekends is usually the best time.

Just to get a bit more nuanced - diet, light and things like tianeptine have made great differences for me already but
LSD really is like flipping a switch as far as anxiety, avoidant behaviour is concerned.

Edit; Another fun thing is my voice! I don't know if any of you others have experienced this.
But when i'm in a bad spot physiologically, anxious mood, irritability, vasoconstriction (uh-huh) etc, my voice is very tense and tends to lose its bass.
After 10 mcg i can speak nice and easy, deeper in tone. I'm guessing it could be related to the vasoconstrictive effects of serotonin being antagonized.
Breathing deeper and easier also goes with this.
I do too and am wondering if you ever experience mild nausea on that small of a dose.

Beefcake

Given that serotonin is required for the formation of traumatic memories, anything suppressing its synthesis or opposing its action will likely help.
Serotonin is involved in the formation of traumatic memories

So, it is not surprising then that substances like theanine, cyproheptadine, mianserin, lisuride, cabergoline, etc have been used for PTSD treatment and for depression. Anyways, IMO the answer to your question is yes.

Im wondering if same goes for psilocybin. Weird thing psilocybin doesn’t seem to have any stimulating effect on dopamine like LSD does. But still the experience of both are extremly similair in comparison. They are both basically from a fungus and they both have cross tolerance which means they work in the same way and same receptors in the brain? So either psilocybin do have affinity for dopamine or LSD positive effects are attributed to it’s effect on serotonin.

Frankdee20

Im wondering if same goes for psilocybin. Weird thing psilocybin doesn’t seem to have any stimulating effect on dopamine like LSD does. But still the experience of both are extremly similair in comparison. They are both basically from a fungus and they both have cross tolerance which means they work in the same way and same receptors in the brain? So either psilocybin do have affinity for dopamine or LSD positive effects are attributed to it’s effect on serotonin.

Psychedelics can be categorized as resembling the Serotonin structure (indole) or the adrenaline structure. LSD, Psilocybin, and DMT are tryptamines. Mescaline and MDMA are phenylethylamines and resemble Norepinephrine in structure. Interestingly, 5ht2a seems to be a common target between them all.

Frankdee20

the times I've tried lsd resulted in thought loops and some serious negative thoughts coming out at times. because of this it resulted in me calling some friends and telling them to come over so they can distract me from my own thoughts. it also has the tendency to occasionally make me think during the trip if I will ever go back to normal, which is a pretty bad feeling when tripping

Most definitely remember a bad trip where I’d be stuck in a loop of the same thought.

Beefcake

Most definitely remember a bad trip where I’d be stuck in a loop of the same thought.

Me 2. From experience psilocybin tends to be more gentle. Psilocybin can sometimes feel like mania and grandiosity in that you feel very good, energized and have a senae of understanding nature and the universe. LSD for me is more psychological and repetetative. There is not as much good glow in LSD trips I had but more a mysterious feeling and a sense if madness and random laughter, giggling suddenly switching over to some aggetation and fear. I used to love psychedelics but today I hate them. Never really had a bad trip although I’ve felt pretty shitty on them but I think thats part of it and your mentality at the moment you take it is quite important. Getting tripped out does not interest me anymore anyway. I could see though how microdosing could be more beneficial but I believe these drugs can be quite destructive to the brain in the sense that it rewires new connection that you have no use of in society. Since psychedelics removes your focus and filter so you can percieve more information at the same time combined with the fact that brain regions that usually aren’t wired to talk to each other starts talking with each other. This explains synesthisia seeing colour, tasting sound or what ever. How is that beneficial? Repeated psychedelic use in my opinion just enhances these changes and connections so that you start having synesthisia while you’re not even doing psychedelics anymore. Thats not an advantage thats a brain damage and reversing these brain changes are most likely very hard.

LUH 3417

Me 2. From experience psilocybin tends to be more gentle. Psilocybin can sometimes feel like mania and grandiosity in that you feel very good, energized and have a senae of understanding nature and the universe. LSD for me is more psychological and repetetative. There is not as much good glow in LSD trips I had but more a mysterious feeling and a sense if madness and random laughter, giggling suddenly switching over to some aggetation and fear. I used to love psychedelics but today I hate them. Never really had a bad trip although I’ve felt pretty shitty on them but I think thats part of it and your mentality at the moment you take it is quite important. Getting tripped out does not interest me anymore anyway. I could see though how microdosing could be more beneficial but I believe these drugs can be quite destructive to the brain in the sense that it rewires new connection that you have no use of in society. Since psychedelics removes your focus and filter so you can percieve more information at the same time combined with the fact that brain regions that usually aren’t wired to talk to each other starts talking with each other. This explains synesthisia seeing colour, tasting sound or what ever. How is that beneficial? Repeated psychedelic use in my opinion just enhances these changes and connections so that you start having synesthisia while you’re not even doing psychedelics anymore. Thats not an advantage thats a brain damage and reversing these brain changes are most likely very hard.
I understand your point. Resensitizing desensitized parts of the brain can be stressful or even traumatizing if there isn’t a method to integrate the newfound connections. The emotional or psychic material that comes up can be a problem if you don’t have the tools to understand or see a purpose in its presenting itself to you. In large doses psychedelics left me feeling winded, physically and mentally, like I’d just been through a tornado. I think that is the cost of being able to gain insight into how people and the universe function without having done what people who don’t use psychedelics have to do to gain the same knowledge. I am in favor of low doses of psilocybin but don’t think I would ever take LSD again. One time I took a quarter lb of mushrooms and sat next to a tree. The tree had circuits or arteries in it that were neon colors and when I put my hand on the trunk I felt it’s circuits connecting to me. I don’t think you can have experiences like that without paying a hefty price.

Frankdee20

You bring up a good point and I completely understand and am inclined to believe that.

kyle

Well said about the integrating part.

Id wager though that the people with depression struggle to reintegrate even their ordainary thoughts due to their isolation or the culture theyre in.

Now if a substance can help you deal with anxiety or grow, alcohol is better than most.

Alcohol is actually better at the very least for the simple reason that it can be done regularly and socially with other socially integrated people, and so it has been all known history and across the globe.

:drinkingbuddies

Also want to add that nothing can beat sober self reflection, religion, good deeds and learning and self improvement.

At any rate, youre in a better position to not misuse or have bad experiences with alcohol or lsd and shrooms for that matter if you can reach a certain level of self confidence in those realms.

Last edited:
It was a sunny day in Miami, Florida. The last day of Ultra music festival for me and some friends. A Sunday in fact. The day of rest and for me magic mushrooms. Psilocybin in the amount of 4.5 grams. I ate them on the 30 minute train ride to the venue. I started to realize how at ease I felt. When it was our stop my movement flowed so well. I could not stop smiling, grinning, laughing, appreciating nature, the sky, the sun and my friends. We then make our way to the most insane stage with dubstep blasting through your spinal column. We danced for a while but then I look up to see an arch of TV’s in a dome over the stage. These TV’s depicted Hilary Clinton ripping the flesh off her face. I then decided to go to a more chill stage. I sat down and essentially questioned my whole life. Then after I came out of my reminiscing of good, bad and other wise. I looked up and the stage lights, the green grass, the people dancing people. I felt very tribal. I felt masculine in its truest definition. The rest of the day I went on to dance and felt so natural it’s the only way to describe it. Connected to my ancestors. Who knows! I was just on drugs right!? Needless to say I got some coconut water and this really capped off an amazing experience. Another interesting thing to note is the afterglow for about 2 months.

Frankdee20

I used ACID on 2 occasions in my life, and found LSD at strong doses unpredictable. Cannot stop laughing and then a thought gets stuck and precipitates what would be hours of anxiety and fear that I’d remain stuck.

Teres

I haven't tried any psychedelic substance yet, and so far I'm only learning about this matter. But here's a thought that crosses my mind each time I think of giving such a substance a try - the so called bad trips, the unpleasant negative experiences people do report must be a result of certain biochemical profile of the organism at the time of tripping, which to a large extend could determinate the way a psychedelic substance will modulate the brain function, which - as countless of times reported - often is described as a bad trip. A bad trip is often described as unpleasant and stressful. Could it be possible by limiting one's organism base potential for stressful reaction to limit the chance of a bad trip taking place?

Maybe there's literature covering such questions, I don't know. And certainly I'm among the least educated individuals on this. But if there's a chance that a question like this one and it's direction are valid, perhaps pregnenolone, theanine and some other substances could be in aid?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals