LSD Forces People To Think About The Present/future And Not The Past

T

tobieagle

1P-LSD is still not regulated in most countries.

Just wanted to leave that here. :ninja

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Am interested in learning if it also helps negative mood, just to "train" the brain to fix itself on the future and present.

Yes, it does. Any anti-serotonin agent should be able to do that, but LSD is also dopaminergic so it's even better. It has been used in many depression studies for a good reason.

Luann

Sweet, thank you so much.
Also, it's really cool to see that association between focusing on the past and being depressed.

Parsifal

@haidut Do you know if magic mushrooms (or other drugs like mescaline or Ayahuasca that make you vomit btw) would have the same effects?

Why do some people get flashback some month after taking LSD, bad trips or post hallucinogenic perceptual disorder (hppd)?

Parsifal

If I were in a place where it's not illegal, I think I would want to occasionally use 10 mcg quantities. I think it's one of the things that can help to maintain the proper electronic resonance of the organism. (Have you heard any of Luca Turin's talks on resonance?) [LSD]

Is that from Peat or from you HDD?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut Do you know if magic mushrooms (or other drugs like mescaline or Ayahuasca that make you vomit btw) would have the same effects?

Why do some people get flashback some month after taking LSD, bad trips or post hallucinogenic perceptual disorder (hppd)?

Don't know much about them but possible yes. The LSD bad trips seem to be happening in people who have had some sort of trauma in their past. Not sure why.

Parsifal

I've heard from some people who use testing reagants to ensure that it is pure LSD that most LSD on the streets is actually various forms of the 2C-x class. Likely that no one around my age that believes they've used LSD has actually done so unless they've used a testing reagant or seen it synthesized first hand.

Barry Obummer

I think LSD is a lot more concentrated/powerful than the 2-C's, so the strength of the effects per tab will give you a good heads up on what it is or isn't. Sometimes it's AMT on a tab, which is a different effect. The liquid is often Morning Glory LSA, which is probably also beneficial for lowering serotonin etc. This illegality stuff is a real shame and affront to God and the natural universe. But yea, a lot of people these days think they are doing LSD when they are in fact not.

Parsifal

I think LSD is a lot more concentrated/powerful than the 2-C's, so the strength of the effects per tab will give you a good heads up on what it is or isn't. Sometimes it's AMT on a tab, which is a different effect. The liquid is often Morning Glory LSA, which is probably also beneficial for lowering serotonin etc. This illegality stuff is a real shame and affront to God and the natural universe. But yea, a lot of people these days think they are doing LSD when they are in fact not.

I've read that LSA would give nausea (like Mescaline cactus or Ayahuasca) so that might me a sign of increased serotonin?

Barry Obummer

I think it has to do with some toxins in the morning glory. I could be totally wrong though. I seem to remember something about the importance of very thoroughly washing them.

Barry Obummer

I've read that LSA would give nausea (like Mescaline cactus or Ayahuasca) so that might me a sign of increased serotonin?
O yea now I remember, my brain had to buffer. They spray some junk on the morning glory seeds so people won't try to extract the LSA, which causes nausea. LSA effects are very similar to LSD . I'd put my money on the fact that it would have the same Peaty benefits as LSD.

Parsifal

O yea now I remember, my brain had to buffer. The spray some junk on the morning glory seeds so people won't try to extract the LSA, which causes nausea. LSA effects are very similar to LSD . I'd put my money on the fact that it would have the same Peaty benefits as LSD.

So the nausea would come from the spray? oO
Mushrooms seem more safe though.

Barry Obummer

So the nausea would come from the spray? oO
Mushrooms seem more safe though.
Yea, the spray causes nausea. Sorry, my grammar was terrible. I gave up coffee a couple weeks ago and i feel like I lost like 40 IQ points.
The effects of LSD are a little too long for the average adult with responsibilities. Plus, it's better to fast for at least 18 hours before doing psychedelics. That's how the shamans did/do it. And you're not going to want to eat nothing substantial while your on it. It's a long time not to eat. Seems anti-Peaty. Mushrooms will be over sooner so you can get some substantial protein in within a reasonable time.

Barry Obummer

Well, I read about shamans doing it, and experimented with it myself. You will get stronger positive effects and diminished negative effects (cleaner trip) after a proper fast. The ancients thought that fasting caused the Gods to have pity on you, and send you positive energy or whatever. I don't know about that, but I know it works. Plus, psychedelics definitely have a stimulant aspect to them - increased sweating etc. You don't want to spend a substantial part of your trip on the toilet. It's better to have an empty gastro system. I think the detoxification aspect of LSD/psilocybin works a lot better after fasting.

Makrosky

Is this the quote?
LSD
[long-term effects] It acts as a learning experience, and can affect your general attitudes; if the amount is excessive, causing depletion of brain glycogen, I think it can lead to prolonged defensive attitudes, probably with a rebound of serotonin.

And a few more all from Peatarian email exchanges:
Serotonin
The small doses, like coffee, help to optimize normal processes. Giant doses of either will deplete energy stores. Sugar, salt, milk, gelatin, juice, etc., help to restore the reserves [LSD].

If I were in a place where it's not illegal, I think I would want to occasionally use 10 mcg quantities. I think it's one of the things that can help to maintain the proper electronic resonance of the organism. (Have you heard any of Luca Turin's talks on resonance?) [LSD]
Yep, that is the quote.

Makrosky

Well, I read about shamans doing it, and experimented with it myself. You will get stronger positive effects and diminished negative effects (cleaner trip) after a proper fast. The ancients thought that fasting caused the Gods to have pity on you, and send you positive energy or whatever. I don't know about that, but I know it works. Plus, psychedelics definitely have a stimulant aspect to them - increased sweating etc. You don't want to spend a substantial part of your trip on the toilet. It's better to have an empty gastro system. I think the detoxification aspect of LSD/psilocybin works a lot better after fasting.

I think this needs a bit of clarification. While I generally agree with you, I would add :

- Ayahuasca/Psilocibin trips are MUCH shorter than LSD trips. Hence the need for glycogen can be much higher with LSD. 12 hours with the metabolism going at maximum speed without food isn't really good. The body is ready to resist such an stress but not very often. I have the impression that the common conception that drugs are harmful for the body is not because of the drugs themselves but because one forgets about nutrition, sleep, etc. while on them.

- I think the key is not fasting but having clean or empty bowels. So if you eat very light foods like fruit or honey or a bit of white rice I think it's good. The important thing is not having heavy meals with dairy, red meat, etc. These foods can be anti-stress but have a dense energy which could sound quakery but as soon as you enter the psychedelic realms all these things become real.

@allblues thanks for the answer.