LSD And Serotonin

pboy

ive never tried LSD, but have eaten mushrooms a few times in the past...most of my friends that have done both say there are some similarities but that LSD is significantly stronger and lasts longer...though they say both are a good experience. Its probably similar to a medicinal extract vs a whole food. The mushrooms probably have a more balanced widely encompassing effect, where as the LSD is more of a pure, strong, medicinal type trip. Ive been around people on LSD and if they are relatively experienced...a regular person might think their eyes look a little weird but might not even be able to tell the person is high. Even in HS I know people that would take LSD during school and never got noticed...cant recommend it though, for the average person it would be extremely intense

mt_dreams

Although experiences of LSD and mushrooms may seem similar, they are many differences b/w them. LSD is the synthetic form of LSA which is present in morning glory seeds. Like most drugs, the dose determines the strength of the effect... Though synthetic will always be more potent.

band31211

Anybody actually tried LSD for lowering serotonin? It seems Peat is pretty fond of LSD.

I'm thinking of trying a high dose and then microdosing with 20-35ug every 3rd day.

haidut

Forum Supporter
band31211 said:
Anybody actually tried LSD for lowering serotonin? It seems Peat is pretty fond of LSD.

I'm thinking of trying a high dose and then microdosing with 20-35ug every 3rd day.

Lisuride is much safer and very similar to LSD.

band31211 said:

:lol: Good luck!

squanch

Unless you are synthesizing your own, I would be worried about purity.
Not sure where you live, but 25I-NBOMe being sold as LSD is pretty common in europe.
20-35μg would probably be to much (at least for me personally). More like 10-15μg.

I am microdosing shrooms at the moment, loving it so far.
Probably the most potent anti depressant I have ever used. A very warm, calm and centered feeling. Subtle nootropic effects (as long as I stick to very low, sub-threshold doses)

squanch

Vinero said:
Interesting about the shrooms microdosing. What dose do you take and how often Skally?

Around 0.1 - 0.2 g per day. Still experimenting with different frequencies, I think dosing every 3rd day like op mentioned is a good start.

Makrosky

Hey Skally,

Could you please let us know what are those 0.1-0.2 gr/day ?

Fresh or dried ?
Aerial or Micelial (truffle) part ?
Which species.

It will be very appreciated.

squanch

Makrosky said:
Hey Skally,

Could you please let us know what are those 0.1-0.2 gr/day ?

Fresh or dried ?
Aerial or Micelial (truffle) part ?
Which species.

It will be very appreciated.

The 0.1-0.2g are dry weight.
I use the fruiting bodies of regular psilocybe cubensis because they are easy to grow.
I grind the dried mushrooms to a powder and use a small measuring spoon.

You want to find your personal sweet spot were the effects are on a sub-perceptible level.

Makrosky

Thanks!

You just dry them letting them dry on a newspaper in a dark and dry place ?

And how do you grind them, I've found before they're hard as stone!!!

Btw, do you think it will work with truffles ?

squanch

I put them on paper and point a fan at them.
Those mini blenders work great for grinding them.

I personally never tried the truffles, but I don't see why they shouldn't work. Some of the other alkaloids might be in slightly different proportions, but psilocybin is psilocybin

Joocy_J

sladerunner69 said:
post 43958 I was curious about psychedelic mushrooms? Is that anything like LSD?

Yeah they are pretty similar, Mushrooms give me a better afterglow for some reason (low serotonin the days after the trip). Before I found peat I use to take a lot of shrooms because I found they helped my ocd/anxiety. Now I find tianeptine to be the closest thing to shrooms without getting the hallucinations. I have tired- caber, bromo, cypro, and tianeptine is the best at lowering serotonin imo followed by coffee.

Last edited by a moderator:

DaveFoster

Joocy_J said:
post 105592
sladerunner69 said:
post 43958 I was curious about psychedelic mushrooms? Is that anything like LSD?

Yeah they are pretty similar, Mushrooms give me a better afterglow for some reason (low serotonin the days after the trip). Before I found peat I use to take a lot of shrooms because I found they helped my ocd/anxiety. Now I find tianeptine to be the closest thing to shrooms without getting the hallucinations. I have tired- caber, bromo, cypro, and tianeptine is the best at lowering serotonin imo followed by coffee.
+1 for Tianeptine. It's the bomb, no NBOM required.

Stay away from LSA; lest you want a killer pre-workout.

OP
sladerunner69

sladerunner69

DaveFoster said:
post 113820
Joocy_J said:
post 105592
sladerunner69 said:

LSA being lisuride?

On a side note I can't believe someone is recommending shrooms! Growing up in the socal burbs, only the grungiest dudes would have the courage, because half the time the product you buy is not the variety of mushroom you were hoping for- either no effect or straight toxic! Since were on the subject I wonder what studies have been carried out, if the active is chemically similar to lsd.

DaveFoster

sladerunner69 said:
LSA being lisuride?
LSA being d-lysergic-acid amide. It can be obtained via morning glory and Hawaiian baby wood rose seeds, or through an alcohol extraction. It's a weird drug; much more unpredictable than LSD.

OP
sladerunner69

sladerunner69

LSA remains, however, legal in the US? Maybe I should try it if it also functions as effective anti-serotonin.

Makrosky

sladerunner69 said:
DaveFoster said:
post 113820
Joocy_J said:
post 105592
sladerunner69 said:

LSA being lisuride?

On a side note I can't believe someone is recommending shrooms! Growing up in the socal burbs, only the grungiest dudes would have the courage, because half the time the product you buy is not the variety of mushroom you were hoping for- either no effect or straight toxic! Since were on the subject I wonder what studies have been carried out, if the active is chemically similar to lsd.

What? If you want to microdose shrooms you better grow them yourself or buy from reputable sources.

I'm going to do a few experiments with 1p-LSD, it's legal. I already did the first one with 25mcg. Will do a more detailed post when I try the 12,5mcg dose. 25 was too much to be considered a microdose. The thing gives you massive ammounts of energy but you have to be very well nourished and a good metabolism. It feels like pressing the "nitro" powerup button in those old racing videogames.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals