LPR - GERD

RatRancher

As we all probably know, PPIs are one of the most sold drugs on the market. With a whole host of side effects. But for many people PPI risks seem to be worth it to ease the suffering of reflux.

Sadly, for many the "benefits" of PPIs never show up.

The condition known as LPR is not a stomach acid based problem....at least not directly.
The problem in LPR seems to be caused by bile acids, or more likely pepsin.

Lowering stomach acid via PPIs or H2 antagonists only keeps the pepsin from activating. But unless you get the ph in the esophagus pretty high, pepsin just lays dormant until you eat or drink something with acid. OJ and coke can reactivate pepsin and cause the familiar pain all over again.

Pepsin permanently deactivates at ph above about 9. That may be the cure many of us are looking for.
Essentia water claims a ph of 9.5.
Its ingredients are--
INGREDIENTS Purified water and electrolytes in trace amounts added for taste (sources: sodium bicarbonate, dipotassium phosphate, magnesium sulfate and calcium chloride--

Easy enough to diy.....for those who make homemade magnesium bicarbonate this is a no brainer.

I had tried it many months ago and felt better-store bought- but assumed it was do to the vacation i was on. Or maybe it deactivated pepsin in my esophagus.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals