Lowering starch and muscle meat making fat loss easy

Vins7

Ray Peat did say in ancient cultures the muscle meats were given to the dogs. It sure made me change my perspective on meat. The iron and phosphorus in it is even more reason to lean into better options, like liver eggs for me too.
This can't be truth. The most parts of an animal are muscle and fat, organs and cartilage are the minority part. Organs are the minority part. I don't think those people could afford to waste parts of an animal, most of the animal in fact.

This can't be truth. The most parts of an animal are muscle and fat, organs and cartilage are the minority part. Organs are the minority part. I don't think those people could afford to waste parts of an animal, most of the animal in fact.
Here is his exact quote….

“50% of the animal is glycine and collagen. ancient cultures ate the whole animal and prized the organs and skin, and gave most of the muscle meat to the dogs.” Ray Peat

Muscle meat + starch is much more reliable at raising my body temp compared to milk and fruit.
I agree, but I feel full a lot longer with the meat starch combo, which means less calories and nutrition. I am lighter on my feet with the fruit milk combo.

aniciete

I agree, but I feel full a lot longer with the meat starch combo, which means less calories and nutrition. I am lighter on my feet with the fruit milk combo.
Yeah I no longer have the urge to snack and my blood sugar is more stable have 3-4 square meals a day. Others may react differently but relying on dairy and fruit as the bulk of my calories made my blood sugar fluctuate and made me experience anger due to constant hunger.

Yeah I no longer have the urge to snack and my blood sugar is more stable have 3-4 square meals a day. Others may react differently but relying on dairy and fruit as the bulk of my calories made my blood sugar fluctuate and made me experience anger due to constant hunger.
I can see the snacking thing being a problem with milk and fruit, I think I need more to chewing. Gum has helped me there quite a bit, chewing gum between meals has helped my neck and jawline too.

MarcelZD

In times of scarcity meat would surely not have been discarded, but that doesn't mean much. Other meat eating mammals have a strong preference for organ meats too, and they will always eat the liver, heart, kidneys etc. first.

My dog wouldn't get excited for expensive steak, but when I prepared cheap beef liver he wouldn't stop begging at the table.

Vins7

do you really get to consume more calories with milk and fruit instead of starch and meat?

Vins7

I have had absolutely the same experience

do you really get to consume more calories with milk and fruit instead of starch and meat?
Yes because I am not full and forcing calories with milk, I can drink a cup every hour and crave it.. Meat I can barely finish, and I certainly don’t want more an hour later. Plus there is no way I can have starches without all the fats they need to get them down. With milk, fruit and honey I throw an egg or two in my day, and lately sprouted grains which keeps my blood sugar steady for a very long time or I can eat an hour later, but they don’t leave me craving for the unknown “something” that regular grains do. Potatoes just stay with me way too long. I have no desire for any fruit after I have meat. So I have to really strategize my day so I want to eat the things I need to fit in, to have a well rounded nutritious day.

Sullytex

Yes because I am not full and forcing calories with milk, I can drink a cup every hour and crave it.. Meat I can barely finish, and I certainly don’t want more an hour later. Plus there is no way I can have starches without all the fats they need to get them down. With milk, fruit and honey I throw an egg or two in my day, and lately sprouted grains which keeps my blood sugar steady for a very long time or I can eat an hour later, but they don’t leave me craving for the unknown “something” that regular grains do. Potatoes just stay with me way too long. I have no desire for any fruit after I have meat. So I have to really strategize my day so I want to eat the things I need to fit in, to have a well rounded nutritious day.
Thanks for this, y'all!!

So skim milk, oj concentrate, collagen, honey, a few eggs would be the daily menu? About how much per weight?

Thanks for this, y'all!!

So skim milk, oj concentrate, collagen, honey, a few eggs would be the daily menu? About how much per weight?

3 ounces of liver (a week) and shellfish is so worth it. Mango and sweet watermelon is good to add too. I zest the peels from organic oranges and put them on my ice cream or in my coffee. You can’t live on just the 5 things you mentioned.

Last edited:

bluefish

Im trying to figure out what I actually like to eat, and whats good for me. Ive been eating raw goat milk, which I enjoy (since I started peating Im adding sugar to it). I dont mind rice, I was eating a lot of meat, when I first started trying to fix my diet... but, yes, It actually doesnt feel nature. Im still eating a bit of steak everyday. I try to add gelatin, bone broth etc to it... and usually eat with some rice.

When I was young and into my 20's I loved eating fruit, and I have always named fruit (such as oranges, blue berries, mangos, etc) as my favorite food, but it seems the quality of fruit from a basic groccery store has damatically declined in quality...

I much prefer a fruit focused diet, with milk, and some bit of meat / rice or whatever also....

but Id like to make sure im getting enough protein and because Im super active in general in my life, and want to start working out again... I feel getting enough calories, protien, and carbs are super important.

over the last few years,... it seems ive had a lot of ups and downs with facing my health from this new perspecitve... and Im ready to really consider what feels good...

(which would be, what I mentioned above)

this board is such a great resource to help figure this stuff out...

2 questions specifically...
1) how to find quality fruit?
2) what are the basics for designing a diet which embraces what feels right for my body, in a practical manner (ie knowing you need a certain amount of protein, carbs, fats etc etc )

Im trying to figure out what I actually like to eat, and whats good for me. Ive been eating raw goat milk, which I enjoy (since I started peating Im adding sugar to it). I dont mind rice, I was eating a lot of meat, when I first started trying to fix my diet... but, yes, It actually doesnt feel nature. Im still eating a bit of steak everyday. I try to add gelatin, bone broth etc to it... and usually eat with some rice.

When I was young and into my 20's I loved eating fruit, and I have always named fruit (such as oranges, blue berries, mangos, etc) as my favorite food, but it seems the quality of fruit from a basic groccery store has damatically declined in quality...

I much prefer a fruit focused diet, with milk, and some bit of meat / rice or whatever also....

but Id like to make sure im getting enough protein and because Im super active in general in my life, and want to start working out again... I feel getting enough calories, protien, and carbs are super important.

over the last few years,... it seems ive had a lot of ups and downs with facing my health from this new perspecitve... and Im ready to really consider what feels good...

(which would be, what I mentioned above)

this board is such a great resource to help figure this stuff out...

2 questions specifically...
1) how to find quality fruit?
2) what are the basics for designing a diet which embraces what feels right for my body, in a practical manner (ie knowing you need a certain amount of protein, carbs, fats etc etc )
I keep frozen fruit on hand, which tends to be fresher than what is in the grocery store.

Sullytex

3 ounces of liver (a week) and shellfish is so worth it. Mango and sweet watermelon is good to add too. I zest the peels from organic oranges and put them on my ice cream or in my coffee. You can’t live on just the 5 things you mentioned.
Thanks!!!

coffeelover

I still haven't found my groove of which foods consistently work best for my body. But I think it's so interesting that different people obviously thrive on different food choices and macros, while all supporting their metabolism and thyroid.

I am one of those who can't go more than a couple days without meat. I crave it and I feel better when I have it. I feel more energized, satiated, grounded. But I also have noticed I don't feel great eating meat 3 times a day like I used to. However, eating low fat dairy and fruit most of the time leaves me constantly hungry...like 5 minutes after eating my stomach feels empty. Just trying to find a new balance.

Roni123@

I still haven't found my groove of which foods consistently work best for my body. But I think it's so interesting that different people obviously thrive on different food choices and macros, while all supporting their metabolism and thyroid.

I am one of those who can't go more than a couple days without meat. I crave it and I feel better when I have it. I feel more energized, satiated, grounded. But I also have noticed I don't feel great eating meat 3 times a day like I used to. However, eating low fat dairy and fruit most of the time leaves me constantly hungry...like 5 minutes after eating my stomach feels empty. Just trying to find a new balance.
Take moderate/high fat with carboidrates, its really saciating

Vileplume

A mostly-milk diet removed fat from my body quickly, and the fat has not come back over a year later