Lowering starch and muscle meat making fat loss easy

I'm eating maybe 2 oz of fish or lean meat per day, and maybe a cup of white rice or a potato at dinner. Maybe a few cheat low PUFA potato chips. It has resulted in my losing fat and keeping my temps in the 37C range during the day.

I really can see how big muscle meat meals can do a person in. And how starch combined with general over eating (of muscle meat) lowers metabolism and slows gut motility.

I do have a starch craving so I do still eat it but just not nearly as much.

reaching

I recently lost like two kilos in two days by replacing starch with fruit and fruit juices. Maybe just water weight but I’ve upped coconut oil and mainly orange juice and it’s having a profound effect. I’ll try to cut back on the muscle meat but not sure what else’s to eat. Milk gives me unbearable gas and indigestion.

P

Peatness

I gave up starch about a month ago, replaced it with fruit and fruit juices. The weight gain has stopped. Have not started losing fat yet but pleased not to be gaining more. Waiting for bile supplement to arrive - it may help.

artist

I lost a ton of weight on a diet of low fat dairy (yogurt) and juice when I first found Ray Peat and I’ve just maintained it since, for almost a decade. I find starch super fattening (and inflammatory).

P

Peatness

I lost a ton of weight on a diet of low fat dairy (yogurt) and juice when I first found Ray Peat and I’ve just maintained it since, for almost a decade. I find starch super fattening (and inflammatory).
Which juices, did you eat any meat/fish?

artist

Which juices, did you eat any meat/fish?
Yeah I still ate some meat for sure, I didn’t restrict it very hard but it wasn’t the bulk of my protein. I would drink basically any juice but mostly orange and apple (especially after I realized I had histamine intolerance).

Nemo

I'm eating maybe 2 oz of fish or lean meat per day, and maybe a cup of white rice or a potato at dinner. Maybe a few cheat low PUFA potato chips. It has resulted in my losing fat and keeping my temps in the 37C range during the day.

I really can see how big muscle meat meals can do a person in. And how starch combined with general over eating (of muscle meat) lowers metabolism and slows gut motility.

I've cut back on muscle meat since your post the other day. Replaced it with more gelatin. Will report on effects later, but I've already noticed fewer hearing problems with aspirin.

OP
ecstatichamster
I've cut back on muscle meat since your post the other day. Replaced it with more gelatin. Will report on effects later, but I've already noticed fewer hearing problems with aspirin.

looking forward to your findings.

I just said the same thing over on the Food Layering thread. Red meat really takes over digestion and feels heavy. It feels best rare and alone for me. I wish I could manage getting in more calcium. I am not sure that feels light on my feet either. Raw Honeycomb has been my latest and best addition to keeping the starches at bay.

pauljacob

ecstatichamster, what are the starch foods you gave up or reduced intake of? I don't eat meat, foul, nor fish, and the starches I eat daily are mainly bread and potatoes.

OP
ecstatichamster
ecstatichamster, what are the starch foods you gave up or reduced intake of? I don't eat meat, foul, nor fish, and the starches I eat daily are mainly bread and potatoes.

white rice and white potatoes. All well cooked.

Korven

What are the inflammatory symptoms you get from eating starch?

I can not make starch a staple in my diet without getting malaise, poor sleep, low motivation/depressed, feeling like I'm gonna get sick, feeling poisoned upon awakening. It always takes 4-5 days for all these symptoms to reappear. I can eat as much meat, milk, fruit, honey as I want and feel great.

Mauritio

Time for nixtamalized corn !

Doc Sandoz

Time for nixtamalized corn !
"Three Sisters" out of Portland Oregon make excellent nixtamalized tortillas - white, yellow or blue corn. (I wonder if Ray buys them in Eugene.) I use 'em in enchiladas - which are great for Ca and protein if you use lots of cheese plus collagen hydrosylate in the sauce with just a modicum of beef for flavor. They are more widely available than the location map on their website shows - I get them as far away as Montana - in stock at our local "health food" purveyor. Three Sisters Nixtamal – Organic Non-GMO Corn Tortillas

Last edited:

Mauritio

Doc Sandoz

Awesome thanks. I just ordered some yesterday:)
A touch expensive but you'll be glad you got 'em! A truly safe starch, easy to digest, with nothing left to make nasty lipopolysaccharides with. I saute in beef tallow to soften and flavor them prior to building the dish.

artist

What are the inflammatory symptoms you get from eating starch?

I can not make starch a staple in my diet without getting malaise, poor sleep, low motivation/depressed, feeling like I'm gonna get sick, feeling poisoned upon awakening. It always takes 4-5 days for all these symptoms to reappear. I can eat as much meat, milk, fruit, honey as I want and feel great.
These are pretty much exactly what I get! And it takes that same amount of time generally for it to crop up. I tolerate starch better than I used to, it used to be like 2 days with a few starch meals and I’d be doing awful. Now it’s like major starch consumption every day, after five days I’ll hit a wall. More moderate consumption it might take a week or two, so basically I’m still much better off without it. I have to cycle off of it when I’m not avoiding it. The air hunger and restless leg syndrome I get from starch screws up my sleep. I feel poisoned, especially in the morning (like out of it, exhausted, and what I want to describe as a kind of faint burning sensation in every cell of my body), lethargic/numb/depressed. I also get dark circles, a slack look to my skin, a thicker waist and slightly swollen body, especially noticeable in hands and feet. My joints become less flexible and I’m more stiff overall. My teeth stay less clean...I’ve even sworn my eye color looks less clear.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals