Lowering Inflammation

november

Hey im looking to stop inflammation because of acne ive bought asprin to try to stop inflammation and im looking for the next step. I appreciate any help.

PolishSun

For me only glycine helps against inflamation (about 10-15 g per day).

ursidae

Exercise and spending the whole day outside is the only thing that has effect on my skin problem. If your wound healing is poor I wouldn’t go crazy with the aspirin, you don’t want to scar

OP
november

november

Exercise and spending the whole day outside is the only thing that has effect on my skin problem. If your wound healing is poor I wouldn’t go crazy with the aspirin, you don’t want to scar
Yeah i wont go asprin crazy haha. Just trying to lower inflammation I dont have much acne all and I dont have any scars.

yerrag

Since you're talking about acne, are you sure it's an inflammation? Or could it be an infection? I used to dab Listerine at my pimple and its surroundings with a cotton bud.

Nicole W.

Since you're talking about acne, are you sure it's an inflammation? Or could it be an infection? I used to dab Listerine at my pimple and its surroundings with a cotton bud.
Listerine is great for acne, sometimes I use it as a toner. It brings the inflammation down and has an anesthetic quality which is helpful for acne.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Perhaps you can try oral guggul lipids and topical urea.
Guggul has been shown to be equally effective as tetracycline for acne and topical urea can increase the skin's ability to produce anti-microbial peptides.

yerrag

Listerine is great for acne, sometimes I use it as a toner. It brings the inflammation down and has an anesthetic quality which is helpful for acne.
Yeah, I use it for mosquito bites as well.

yerrag

Perhaps you can try oral guggul lipids and topical urea.
Guggul has been shown to be equally effective as tetracycline for acne and topical urea can increase the skin's ability to produce anti-microbial peptides.
Hadn't thought of urea, but good idea. I've used it for treating wounds. Heals nicely so it's perfect for face. I read that it heals granularly, which is good as there's less appearance of scars forming.

Does aspirin cause scaring, or if you have a scar (heart surgery scar in my case)
Does it slow healing??

I’m not knowledgeable about that and I’m not an aspirin user, @Tristan Loscha shared that he experienced malformation of scar tissue as a result of low dose aspirin

Indeed, i laid off the low dose aspirin, 100mg/d, but need more time to evaluate. Aspirin acts against keloid scarring, which is an overt expression of tissue. If we do not have this, maybe the inverse is true, that we get pitted scarring.

ursidae

Indeed, i laid off the low dose aspirin, 100mg/d, but need more time to evaluate. Aspirin acts against keloid scarring, which is an overt expression of tissue. If we do not have this, maybe the inverse is true, that we get pitted scarring.
Do you know your cortisol levels with the excess protein approach?
Mine came out out today and they’re over 1000, that’s why the atrophy

Do you know your cortisol levels with the excess protein approach?
Mine came out out today and they’re over 1000, that’s why the atrophy

interesting, i will try to get testing done. I'm under the impression that protein is highly anti - catabolic, anabolic and net anti - cortisol though.