Lowering Estrogen

EIRE24

So, in your experience, what worked best for lowering estrogen? I suspect I have high estrogen and want to get this under control. Thanks for the advice in advance

for women, progesterone.

For men and women, vitamin E, aspirin, B6 P5P form, carrot salad, pregnenolone (sometimes)

For men, DHT.

milk_lover

Adding to hamster's list, I would add zinc, magnesium , vitamins K2, A, and D and emodin/cascara sargada. Coffee and glycine/taurine also are good candidates along with B3.

L

lollipop

Lapodin has been noticeably affective along with high dose progesterone (am a woman though).

Suikerbuik

Remember that with most substances in supra physiological doses you keep carrying water to the sea, and even make things worse sometimes, if you're not fixing your digestive tract/ general metabolism. There is a mention of carrot salad, but for some raw carrot is an allergen, so I'd add psyllium fiber in case bamboo shoots are no option either.

OP
E

EIRE24

Thank you everyone for the advice. I'm thinking estrogen has a big part to play in my acne and hopefully by applying the advice here I can eliminate it

stevrd

Acne for me is often due to a vitamin E deficiency. When I started supplementing with it seriously, my acne cleared up and I had the softest skin I've had since I was a child. Vitamin E is just a good all around supplement to take in the modern day, because being raised on PUFA-heavy diets increase our needs for it tremendously. And taking it tends to lower estrogen and prolactin. Just be cautious and be sure to balance with other fat soluble vitamins if taking vitamin E long-term.

As for lowering estrogen, I recommend getting both your liver and gut in check before trying anything. I searched for some of the original studies Peat wrote about in reference to protein intake and liver detoxification. Here is one where rats on a B-complex deficient diet maintained their livers' ability to deactivate estrogen while consuming 50% casein.
http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.3181/00379727-73-17578?journalCode=ebma

Two main factors in decreasing estrogen:

(1) Ensure that you are consuming a nutritious diet with high B vitamin content, and with quality protein in sufficient quantities, roughly .7g/lb of bodyweight or so. So for somebody who is say 180#, that would be about 115g/day. Protein is needed for deactivating estrogen in the liver. B vitamins are important for this as well, but often come with protein foods, so you are covering your bases by focusing on quality proteins. The overall goal is to have a diet with easily digestible food that has good protein content and is high in vitamins/minerals, particularly in B vitamins.

(2) The raw carrot or carrot salad, or other indigestible fibers such as inulin (which is similar to raw carrots in effect) serves to both cause an antibiotic effect (which serves to decrease the production of LPS in the gut- which can lead to increased estrogen load) as well as speeding up intestinal transit time, which is crucial for preventing endotoxin and estrogen persorption in the gut. The goal is fast digestion to prevent toxins from building up.

These two factors alone will determine most of your success or failure. Trying to take supplements without addressing these issues is shortsighted and may be ineffective. But taking care of these first should lower the overall estrogen load in the body and then any extras like DHT, vitamin E, coffee, androsterone, aspirin, etc can be a bonus.

Last edited:

Vinero

Acne for me is often due to a vitamin E deficiency. When I started supplementing with it seriously, my acne cleared up and I had the softest skin I've had since I was a child. Vitamin E is just a good all around supplement to take in the modern day, because being raised on PUFA-heavy diets increase our needs for it tremendously. And taking it tends to lower estrogen and prolactin. Just be cautious and be sure to balance with other fat soluble vitamins if taking vitamin E long-term.

As for lowering estrogen, I recommend getting both your liver and gut in check before trying anything. I searched for some of the original studies Peat wrote about in reference to protein intake and liver detoxification. Here is one where rats on a B-complex deficient diet maintained their livers' ability to deactivate estrogen while consuming 50% casein.
http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.3181/00379727-73-17578?journalCode=ebma

Two main factors in decreasing estrogen:

(1) Ensure that you are consuming a nutritious diet with high B vitamin content, and with quality protein in sufficient quantities, roughly .7g/lb of bodyweight or so. So for somebody who is say 180#, that would be about 115g/day. Protein is needed for deactivating estrogen in the liver. B vitamins are important for this as well, but often come with protein foods, so you are covering your bases by focusing on quality proteins. The overall goal is to have a diet with easily digestible food that has good protein content and is high in vitamins/minerals, particularly in B vitamins.

(2) The raw carrot or carrot salad, or other indigestible fibers such as inulin (which is similar to raw carrots in effect) serves to both cause an antibiotic effect (which serves to decrease the production of LPS in the gut- which can lead to increased estrogen load) as well as speeding up intestinal transit time, which is crucial for preventing endotoxin and estrogen persorption in the gut. The goal is fast digestion to prevent toxins from building up.

These two factors alone will determine most of your success or failure. Trying to take supplements without addressing these issues is shortsighted and may be ineffective. But taking care of these first should lower the overall estrogen load in the body and then any extras like DHT, vitamin E, coffee, androsterone, aspirin, etc can be a bonus.
Good post. I agree with all of it. Too bad the carrot salad tastes very bad, I can't force myself to eat that everyday.
I eat a high protein diet and supplement Energin, and sometimes Tocovit or Estroban.
What vitamin E do you take? Do you get all your b-vitamins from food?

L

lollipop

What you've tried them separately?
Only thing I have tried is Lapodin AND Pau d’Arco tea. Both are awesome - Lapodin stronger, the tea was great for viral and immune system @Joeyd. Not sure that answers your question but that is all I know ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Lee Simeon

Only thing I have tried is Lapodin AND Pau d’Arco tea. Both are awesome - Lapodin stronger, the tea was great for viral and immune system @Joeyd. Not sure that answers your question but that is all I know ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Do you take the Lapodin orally or topically?

stevrd

Good post. I agree with all of it. Too bad the carrot salad tastes very bad, I can't force myself to eat that everyday.
I eat a high protein diet and supplement Energin, and sometimes Tocovit or Estroban.
What vitamin E do you take? Do you get all your b-vitamins from food?

I use Jarrow Toco Sorb vitamin E, but I switch between several. I like anything that has a mix of tocopherols, tocotrienols and gamma. They all complement eachother and work synergistically. I get all B vitamins from food. I have niacinamide on hand when I need to suppress free fatty acids.