Lowering Estrogen Is The Key To Skinny Legs?

peatyfoody

I see so many beautiful young women with long legs, skinny tights, zero cellulite.

And I belong to those who were born with an excess estrogen I guess, because my tights are the exact opposite, even though I am not overweight otherwise or anything.

Is there anyone who could lower estrogen and increase progesterone and could achieve skinnier legs? I know this sounds very superficial, but I am honestly interested.

MigFon

I would offer up that if you want skinnier thighs you probably should lose weight.

Changing your hormonal profile will surely change fat distribution, but if you have too much fat to begin with, it will have to be deposited somewhere else.

I would suggest increasing muscle mass via weight training, especially in the legs, and also losing fat will, probably take care of cellulite and it will change your hormonal profile for the better.

OP
P

peatyfoody

Sure, I do that and it is very effective.. I also use vibram for walking long distances, I hope that will help to form my feet position too and thereby my whole legs. But you know, unless i do cardio or dieting, they will not be skinny. Toned, yes. I am not complaining, I can say I look good otherwise. My upper body is slim, but I would really welcome some less estrogenic looking, slimmer legs. I am just really interested whether it is something that can be changed.

LCohen

Yes. Estradiol makes lower body more bulky and bigger. MTF Transgenders use more estradiol to get bigger butt and legs. Men generally have more flat looking legs and butt compared to women. Because of more testosterone & less estradiol.

But your body fat percentage and weight matters even more.

- What is your BF ?
- Your weight ?
- Did you get a blood test ? Are you having estrogen dominance ?

Taotatoes

Being a wide hipped flat bummed pear (very lean on top to the point of chest striations and almost no breast tissue, back definition and defined upper abs at 145 lbs) I can relate... I too strive for svelt longer looking slender legs and after 25 years of my fitness craziness, I finally transformed my lower half to my ideal, with a combination of powerwalking, kickboxing, tai chi, pilates, barre/balletics and callenetics.

I think being heavy on the bottom is pretty normal for women and may reflect a better hormone profile for a female, in my opinion. However, I do believe that hormones determine body shape so if you can change your hormones you can change your shape.

jet9

Yes. Estradiol makes lower body more bulky and bigger. MTF Transgenders use more estradiol to get bigger butt and legs. Men generally have more flat looking legs and butt compared to women. Because of more testosterone & less estradiol.

can confirm, i have very high total T, but low free T and high estradiol and i have a little too big but and legs for male

walker_in_aus

I can confirm that in the two years I've been Peating, changing from estrogen dominant to more balance with diet and actual progesterone supplementation, my hips have dropped ten cm and my breasts have gone up a cup size (as well as firmer skin). I was not "proportional", anything that fit my top half would never fit the bottom, but now it does!!! I wouldn't say my legs are skinny waif legs but I've not tried to lose weight seriously, and I have been too unwell for serious exercise. I've only ever done progesterone supps for a few months at the time but still, the effect is quite remarkable to me as I've always hated having such a huge bum and wide hips that shopping was impossible! And don't worry about being superficial, I am pretty sure this site runs off subscriptions from guys freaking out about hair loss and impotence.

Herbie

The fat which accumulates between the upper ham string and glute (butt) are there from estrogen and I think the fat around the knee is too as well as inflammation, I see the birth control pill and pufa destroying beauty. Taking progesterone is effective at lowering the fat in those areas a long with doing other things which move towards a more ideal endocrine system the fat will then accumulate more on the butt not the upper leg creating the ascetic ideal.

Last edited:

Ulysses

And don't worry about being superficial, I am pretty sure this site runs off subscriptions from guys freaking out about hair loss and impotence.
TBH I don't think impotence is a superficial concern

Blossom

Forum Supporter
TBH I don't think impotence is a superficial concern
True, didn't mean to come across as laughing over impotence. My utmost respect goes out to anyone suffering from that situation.:hattip

Runenight201

LOL

I have no advice to give regarding estrogen and body shape buuuut I'd just like to chime in that my whole health journey initially began because I was very insecure about my acne. We're all superficial to a certain degree. We just can't let it get the better of us and become selfish, bitter, and vain =P

In fact I probably still have bad acne because of high estrogen. Or because of all the dairy and meat. Maybe the vegans are right???? Lol jk, my mood, sleep, and temps are way better with dairy and meat, but my skin isn't :( I've been slacking on the liver and oysters tho....

Ras

Beauty is the fruit of balance, and balance is good. Some dismiss striving for beauty as a vain exercise, but the beautiful have truth.
John Keats said:
O Attic shape! Fair attitude! with brede
Of marble men and maidens overwrought,
With forest branches and the trodden weed;
Thou, silent form, dost tease us out of thought
As doth eternity: Cold pastoral!
When old age shall this generation waste,
Thou shalt remain, in midst of other woe
Than ours, a friend to man, to whom thou say’st,
‘Beauty is truth, truth beauty’—that is all
Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.

broozer

I think being heavy on the bottom is pretty normal for women and may reflect a better hormone profile for a female, in my opinion. However, I do believe that hormones determine body shape so if you can change your hormones you can change your shape.
+1, indicates low abdominal fat, so low cortisol=good,no?at least i love those bodyshapes, hips>>>***s :)

broozer

can confirm, i have very high total T, but low free T and high estradiol and i have a little too big but and legs for male
i think this looks good for both genders,because it gives the impression of a rather flat stomach in proportion. i would love to be that kind of guy! but i have skinny thighs (55cm) and a small belly. do you take supplements/exercise or is this simply the way look? in guys i see this body type often in blacks.

Zigzag

i think this looks good for both genders,because it gives the impression of a rather flat stomach in proportion. i would love to be that kind of guy! but i have skinny thighs (55cm) and a small belly. do you take supplements/exercise or is this simply the way look? in guys i see this body type often in blacks.

No, you don't want that. I've managed to lose over 20 pounds of weight. My target was basically to lose the damn fat from my legs. Imagine 80% of the fat came off of the upper body whereas thighs, butt and calves are still too big. Add wider than usual hip bones and voila, you can't find good fitting clothes :)

Taotatoes

No, you don't want that. I've managed to lose over 20 pounds of weight. My target was basically to lose the damn fat from my legs. Imagine 80% of the fat came off of the upper body whereas thighs, butt and calves are still too big. Add wider than usual hip bones and voila, you can't find good fitting clothes :)

The feels. I know them. @.@

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals