Lowering Dht

Jing

What are some ways to safety lower dht? Everything that increases dht seems to just make me feel worse so I thinking of trying to use things that lower dht and see how I feel but I want to do if safely so it doesn't mess with my 5ar like fin.

equipoise

What are some ways to safety lower dht? Everything that increases dht seems to just make me feel worse so I thinking of trying to use things that lower dht and see how I feel but I want to do if safely so it doesn't mess with my 5ar like fin.

why do you want to lower dht in the First place?

T

TheBeard

How about you just stop using whatever increases it and let it return to normal on its own?

OP
J

Jing

why do you want to lower dht in the First place?
Because anything that raises dht makes me feel worse , perhaps I already have high dht so increasing it makes me feel worse so perhaps lowering it abit will help me in various ways.

Because anything that raises dht makes me feel worse , perhaps I already have high dht so increasing it makes me feel worse so perhaps lowering it abit will help me in various ways.

Hi, could you describe in what ways you feel worse? I have / had some issues with DHT crashing my nervous system previously, wondering if you're experiencing something similar.

OP
J

Jing

Hi, could you describe in what ways you feel worse? I have / had some issues with DHT crashing my nervous system previously, wondering if you're experiencing something similar.
Libido and erections are worse, feel more moody, just feel down throughout the day, low sensitivity during sex, I also get a stiffer penis like I can get semi erect and my penis will look full and still be floppy if I take stuff that raises dht or dht based steroids semi erect will look thinner and be stiff like blood flow is restricted also make me wake up more in the night to pee.

I'm on testosterone injections and I feel elevated dht might be the reason I have acne on my face and shoulders

Last edited:

Hans

Forum Supporter
What are you using that's increasing DHT? Not a lot of things actually increase DHT significantly.
Acne is thought to be due to androgens and IGF-1 and excess sebum production, however my skin is nice and oily and I almost never get a pimple.
IMO, acne is due to inflammation in the body, and then the IGF-1/DHT could make it worse. It's not the IGF-1/DHT, but the underlying inflammation.

OP
J

Jing

What are you using that's increasing DHT? Not a lot of things actually increase DHT significantly.
Acne is thought to be due to androgens and IGF-1 and excess sebum production, however my skin is nice and oily and I almost never get a pimple.
IMO, acne is due to inflammation in the body, and then the IGF-1/DHT could make it worse. It's not the IGF-1/DHT, but the underlying inflammation.
Androsterone,Masteron , proviron, dht gel , using Androsterone atm and im waking up three times a night again to pee normally it's just once . Thinking if I get my dht down perhaps I won't wake up at all .

Hans

Forum Supporter
Androsterone,Masteron , proviron, dht gel , using Androsterone atm and im waking up three times a night again to pee normally it's just once . Thinking if I get my dht down perhaps I won't wake up at all .

Ok, but why are you using them atm while also on T injections? Why not just stick to T injections on its own?

OP
J

Jing

Ok, but why are you using them atm while also on T injections? Why not just stick to T injections on its own?
I'm only using Androsterone atm but I'm going to stop , I was just testing Masteron and proviron out.

SonOfEurope

Hmm....

DHT is, being one of the End of the cascade hormones, one of the most potent ones along with cortisol and E2....

If the precursors are abundant and there's no injury in the metabolism everything should stay harmonious with no imbalance at the "End of the line" hormones (Cortisol, E2, DHT and Aldosterone).

I would suggest first trying to eliminate whatever stress might be causing what you might be perceiving as being DHT's fault.

If that doesn't work.. Try low dose Pregnenolone (60mg a day) such as to equilibriate things?

And if you really want to lower DHT please do not ever consider abominations like Finasteride or similar... They will mess you up for years to come....

The dose I do (28 to 30mg) or lower appears to increase DHT but in a medium dose, cycled, P4 competes with Testosterone for the 5-Ar Enzyme to be turned into its own extremely protective Neuro-Steroid, you could try a medium dose (35-38mg divided through the day) just take it one week on one off. And stay away from any "Anti- 5Ar" monstrosity out there.

Best of luck.

Last edited:
OP
J

Jing

Hmm....

DHT is, being one of the End of the cascade hormones, one of the most potent ones along with cortisol and E2....

If the precursors are abundant and there's no injury in the metabolism everything should stay harmonious with no imbalance at the "End of the line" hormones (Cortisol, E2, DHT and Aldosterone).

I would suggest first trying to eliminate whatever stress might be causing what you might be perceiving as being DHT's fault.

If that doesn't work.. Try low dose Pregnenolone (60mg a day) such as to equilibriate things?

And if you really want to lower DHT please do not ever consider abominations like Finasteride or similar... They will mess you up for years to come....

The dose I do (28 to 30mg) or lower appears to increase DHT but in a medium dose, cycled, P4 competes with Testosterone for the 5-Ar Enzyme to be turned into its own extremely protective Neuro-Steroid, you could try a medium dose (35-38mg divided through the day) just take it one week on one off. And stay away from any "Anti- 5Ar" monstrosity out there.

Best of luck.
By p4 you mean progesterone right? I have used progestene and it does help with me waking up to pee at night.

SonOfEurope

By p4 you mean progesterone right? I have used progestene and it does help with me waking up to pee at night.

Hmm...

It is a diuretic... As Estradiol's Antithesis which causes liquid retention and puffiness like cocaine .

It does not make me wake up to pee... Just pee a lot when I wake up in the morning, but I always time it (my night dose of 15mg) with dinner around 7pm and don't drink that much liquid after other than a glass of Cola or lemonade.

Adrenaline can contribute to waking up like that.

As others said, DHT is not like Testosterone that with just a good lifestyle change you can almost double it... No, it is a very potent and more regulated hormone hat the body, even if you double testosterone from 600 to 1,200, will be kept in a range.... I would go with Pregnenolone fine powder to balance things out.

One noticeable sign of increased DHT is not Acne that much, but increased vascularity... Have you noticed this? Have you had blood tests to see if you have elevated DHT which I doubt or prolactin / E2/ Cortisol.

OP
J

Jing

Hmm...

It is a diuretic... As Estradiol's Antithesis which causes liquid retention and puffiness like cocaine .

It does not make me wake up to pee... Just pee a lot when I wake up in the morning, but I always time it (my night dose of 15mg) with dinner around 7pm and don't drink that much liquid after other than a glass of Cola or lemonade.

Adrenaline can contribute to waking up like that.

As others said, DHT is not like Testosterone that with just a good lifestyle change you can almost double it... No, it is a very potent and more regulated hormone hat the body, even if you double testosterone from 600 to 1,200, will be kept in a range.... I would go with Pregnenolone fine powder to balance things out.

One noticeable sign of increased DHT is not Acne that much, but increased vascularity... Have you noticed this? Have you had blood tests to see if you have elevated DHT which I doubt or prolactin / E2/ Cortisol.
No I ment progestene stops me waking up so much too pee. And no no blood tests, not sure I'm pretty vascular though.

SonOfEurope

No I ment progestene stops me waking up so much too pee. And no no blood tests, not sure I'm pretty vascular though.

That's good, it lowers adrenaline.

There is nothing better to keep the end hormones like DHT and E2 in check than abundance of precursors. But I do not understand the mechanism through which having slightly than higher DHT (remember, even if you double Test DHT's increase would be marginal ) could cause issues like flaccid erections or moodiness.

Estrogen is more likely to go that, it creates a messed up sex drive and unsatisfying Orgasms when in excess, prolactin is involved in this. I know it can be frustrating.

It's good you've eliminated those other things, let you body reset itself for a few days sleep Well eat well and report back, even drop progesterone to Max 15mg to rule it all out but a lab test of hormones would really help.

Did you get as much Vit. D as you could during the summer and do you supplement? Do you use thyroid and roughly where is your bf %.... You must be relatively lean to be vascular, which is good. Your testosterone should not be aromatizing much so no overproduction of DHT to compensate, this is weird.

Healthy liver?

When did these symptoms Start that you can remember?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals