Lowering Cholesterol Increases CVD Deaths, Benefits Of Statins Exaggerated

haidut

Forum Supporter
FDA has recently made a 180-degree turn in regards to dietary cholesterol. After decades of claiming eating cholesterol gives you heart attacks, now the FDA says that at best it does not matter. This study goes a step further in confirming Peat's views and found that people with the lowest LDL had the highest mortality from CVD. Quite the opposite of what the "cholesterol hypothesis" stated should happen. It also conclude that the benefits of statins have been highly exagerrated. I think the word "exaggerated" is simply a euphemism for manipulated or faked, as official studies have to find a way to phrase the accusations in a more palatable manner.
So, it seems logical that if somebody has heart disease they should be increasing their cholesterol rather than lowering it, or at the very least they should be supplementing with the next safest thing - pregnenolone.

‘Bad’ Cholesterol May Have a Bad Rap

"...According to the cholesterol hypothesis, it should directly relate. According to the BMJ study, it doesn’t. Researchers say almost 80 percent of the participants in the studies who had high LDL cholesterol did not die because of their cholesterol level. On the other hand, researchers discovered people with low levels of LDL cholesterol, or LDL-C, had the highest rates of death related to cardiovascular disease, the leading cause of death for both men and women in the United States. “These findings provide a paradoxical contradiction to the cholesterol hypothesis,” researchers wrote. “The cholesterol hypothesis predicts that LDL-C will be associated with increased all-cause and [cardiovascular disease] mortality.” Overall, the researchers — four of whom have published books criticizing the cholesterol hypothesis — say, “the benefits from statin treatment have been exaggerated.”

schultz

My poor friend sugar is surely going to be getting some more hate in the coming years.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
My poor friend sugar is surely going to be getting some more hate in the coming years.

There isn't much left to blame:): After that we blame protein, and then go full circle and blame fat again. Hopefully on the next iteration the dangers of PUFA will be common knowledge already.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

Lejeboca

Thanks. Have you used it yourself?
May I jump in, hoping not to interfere with reply of @Texon :
I have used yarrow and didn't find any estrogen-like effects (in small doses, at least). On the contrary, I'd say that it has
progesterone-like properties. In particular, yarrow curbed profuse periods, and is THE herb for extreme cuts and wounds, such as the ones with chainsaw. It wouldn't be my choice for a heart condition, however, unless its some extreme 'open-heart' situation.

Texon

I have used yarrow and didn't find any estrogen-like effects (in small doses, at least). On the contrary, I'd say that it has
progesterone-like properties. In particular, yarrow curbed profuse periods, and is THE herb for extreme cuts and wounds, such as the ones with chainsaw. It wouldn't be my choice for a heart condition, however, unless its some extreme 'open-heart' situation.
@haidut

All replies welcomed!...I have used it intermittently, and your thought about progesterone-like properties is right on point I think. I need a little more time with it to see about potential for long-term use as it is a pretty strong digestive stimulant, and I don't have a gallbladder anymore.

Texon

@haidut
You know this thread is making me wonder if niacin/niacinamide are so beneficial for circulatory, neurological and who knows what other issues, if anyone needs to be overly concerned about existing, moderately elevated homocysteine (i.e. 15-25 range). I can only imagine that at least a few of Dr. Hoffer's huge number of schizophrenic patients, who took up to thousands of mgs of nicotinic acid every day, must have had slowed methylation (via the usual suspect snps), and thus, higher levels of homocysteine. Please weigh in everyone who may have thoughts to add.

Mito

FDA has recently made a 180-degree turn in regards to dietary cholesterol. After decades of claiming eating cholesterol gives you heart attacks, now the FDA says that at best it does not matter. This study goes a step further in confirming Peat's views and found that people with the lowest LDL had the highest mortality from CVD. Quite the opposite of what the "cholesterol hypothesis" stated should happen. It also conclude that the benefits of statins have been highly exagerrated. I think the word "exaggerated" is simply a euphemism for manipulated or faked, as official studies have to find a way to phrase the accusations in a more palatable manner.
https://peterattiamd.com/tomdayspring5/At least one, Dr. Tom Dayspring, of the so called leading lipidologists that are teaching doctors about drug therapies do not seem anywhere close to believing that idea. Dayspring has moved away from LDL-C, but that has just been replaced by LDL-P (or specifically LDL particles with an ApoB protein). He is still convinced that it’s a gradient driven process where by the more LDL particles the more of them get driven into the artery walls causing atherosclerosis. He is convinced that any serum cholesterol is mostly irrelevant to good health including hormone production because any tissue that needs to produce cholesterol can and does synthesize it locally. He believes the use of serum cholesterol for conversion to hormones is a very minor pathway. Therefore LDL particles can be driven as low as possible to prevent atherosclerosis without impacting steroid production. Interestingly though, he is much more skeptical about any benefits tied to raising HDL cholesterol.

https://peterattiamd.com/tomdayspring1/
https://peterattiamd.com/tomdayspring2/
https://peterattiamd.com/tomdayspring3/
https://peterattiamd.com/tomdayspring4/
https://peterattiamd.com/tomdayspring5/

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter