Lowered Estrogen And Feeling Overly Chill And Relaxed

Velve921

I've really increased my anti-estrogen protocols.

As a result, I feel:

So relaxed
The least stressed I've ever felt
Short memory is somewhat of a struggle. Better yet, I don't circle in thoughts about the past like I use to. It's hard to tell if it's memory struggles or if my mind is focused because metabolism is so strong.

Can anyone relate?

I've been doing a ton of mushrooms lately which I noticed has lowered stressed fast and hard.

Peaches

I've really increased my anti-estrogen protocols.

As a result, I feel:

So relaxed
The least stressed I've ever felt
Short memory is somewhat of a struggle. Better yet, I don't circle in thoughts about the past like I use to. It's hard to tell if it's memory struggles or if my mind is focused because metabolism is so strong.

Can anyone relate?

I've been doing a ton of mushrooms lately which I noticed has lowered stressed fast and hard.
Can you outline what you are doing exactly for your anti-estrogen protocol please? Is it just a lot of mushrooms or other things too?

OP
Velve921

Velve921

Can you outline what you are doing exactly for your anti-estrogen protocol please? Is it just a lot of mushrooms or other things too?

No starch
No Meat
Gelatin
Calcium to Phosphorus Ratio 2:1
Milk
Salt
Fruit
OJ
Coffee
Ice cream
1 cup of mushrooms every morning
Epsom salt/Baking Soda/Aspirin Baths
Theanine before bed

I’ve used mushrooms 1x a week typically. Since doing them daily for the last 2 weeks every morning, the 24 day relaxation effect has gone through the roof.

Peaches

No starch
No Meat
Gelatin
Milk
Salt
Fruit
OJ
Coffee
Ice cream
Theanine before bed

I’ve used mushrooms 1x a week typically. Since doing them daily for the last 2 weeks every morning, the 24 day relaxation effect has gone through the roof.

Thank you. I'm doing something similar to this list too except I'll have starch about 3-4 times a week in the form of over cooked white rice or potatoes and I also take low dose antibiotics to help with the estrogen. I tried white mushrooms 2 days ago after a long while and they gave me almost instant diarrhoea, stomach bloat and nausea so will probably avoid for the future. I have some questions though - why no meat for an anti-estrogen protocol? I thought bioavailable animal protein was necessary for proper liver function as proper liver function is needed to successfully detoxify the excess estrogen from the body? Also I'm looking into eugenol to help with estrogen dominance as its a known estrogen receptor antagonist and wondering if you or anyone has experimented with it for this purpose and have had any success?

No starch
No Meat
Gelatin
Milk
Salt
Fruit
OJ
Coffee
Ice cream
Theanine before bed

"Calcium to Phosphorus Ratio 2:1" is that ratio even attainable without supplementation?

OP
Velve921

Velve921

"Calcium to Phosphorus Ratio 2:1" is that ratio even attainable without supplementation?

According to Cronometer, yes.

Keep in mind, I do Zero meat and Virtually no starch.
and then I eat 4000-4500 calories a day with small amounts of milk and high amounts of ice cream and parmigiano Reggiano cheese.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

Thank you. I'm doing something similar to this list too except I'll have starch about 3-4 times a week in the form of over cooked white rice or potatoes and I also take low dose antibiotics to help with the estrogen. I tried white mushrooms 2 days ago after a long while and they gave me almost instant diarrhoea, stomach bloat and nausea so will probably avoid for the future. I have some questions though - why no meat for an anti-estrogen protocol? I thought bioavailable animal protein was necessary for proper liver function as proper liver function is needed to successfully detoxify the excess estrogen from the body? Also I'm looking into eugenol to help with estrogen dominance as its a known estrogen receptor antagonist and wondering if you or anyone has experimented with it for this purpose and have had any success?

Based on my research of Peat’s work, he’s repeatedly talked about the problem of having too much tryptophan and phosphorus Which can cause high amounts of serotonin which can perpetuate estrogen. In my experience of experimenting with low meat over the past 7 years, every time I add more back in I feel terrible.

As far as animal protein, I do just great on milk, cheese, and gelatin.

In the past I’ve done eggs, liver, and oysters, but they really don’t compare in their nutrient benefits versus having a diet that is low in phosphorus.

My suggestion to you is to experiment and pay attention to what works for you. So many foods have benefits based on research. But I’ve learned over the last 7 years that you really have to pay attention in how it affects your own metabolism.

Recoen

According to Cronometer, yes.

Keep in mind, I do Zero meat and Virtually no starch.
and then I eat 4000-4500 calories a day with small amounts of milk and high amounts of ice cream and parmigiano Reggiano cheese.
Will you share how long you’ve done zero meat for? I have been trending this way but still have 2oz ground beef per day and oyster, shrimp, and bone broth soup 2-3 times per week. Mostly to make sure I’m getting some iron as a cycling female.
Will you please share how you get a 2:1 Ca:P from dairy? All the sources I’ve checked are ~1.35:1.

Peaches

In the past I’ve done eggs, liver, and oysters, but they really don’t compare in their nutrient benefits versus having a diet that is low in phosphorus.

That is actually very interesting. From my research into RP I thought that liver and oysters were an almost holy grail type food that needed to be incorporated for adequate nutrients. I know that RP prefers nutrients in food form rather than supplements as the latter can be so contaminated and liver/oysters are at the top of the list of nutrient dense foods. I think I will have to read into why phosphorus is so important to keep low a little more. I've already reduced my egg consumption to roughly about once a week because of the PUFA content as well as a slight allergic reaction.

My suggestion to you is to experiment and pay attention to what works for you. So many foods have benefits based on research. But I’ve learned over the last 7 years that you really have to pay attention in how it affects your own metabolism.

Thank you for the great advice. I've been doing this RP research since June and you're right, not all the foods sit well with me such as the eggs and mushrooms. And although I've seen a direct correlation with the more milk I drink and a higher body temp (roughly 2 hours later) I can't go over a certain amount of milk/milk products before getting a pretty sore stomach. But all is fun anyways as I explore this new way of eating :relaxed:

OP
Velve921

Velve921

Will you share how long you’ve done zero meat for? I have been trending this way but still have 2oz ground beef per day and oyster, shrimp, and bone broth soup 2-3 times per week. Mostly to make sure I’m getting some iron as a cycling female.
Will you please share how you get a 2:1 Ca:P from dairy? All the sources I’ve checked are ~1.35:1.

So before I started using Peat’s inspiration, I was a paleo person. High amounts of meat. Then I started doing meat maybe 1x a day for the first few years... definitely felt better. But in the last year after my father passed away I need to ratchet up my diet more as I’ve been grieving. So for the last year I get rid of all meat with the exception of liver for 2-3x per month.

In the last 3 months I’ve gone no meat completely and it’s been a game changer. My levels of stress with no meat goes down incredibly.

To achieve the high ca:ph it really comes down to high amounts of parmigiano Reggiano cheese that gives the higher ratio. So 4oz a day with 2 cups of milk and 3-4 cups of vanilla ice cream gets me there based on cronometer. Now of course, my fat intake is high; I’ve tried going low fat for 7 years and every time I do it I feel terrible and sleep is awe full.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

That is actually very interesting. From my research into RP I thought that liver and oysters were an almost holy grail type food that needed to be incorporated for adequate nutrients. I know that RP prefers nutrients in food form rather than supplements as the latter can be so contaminated and liver/oysters are at the top of the list of nutrient dense foods. I think I will have to read into why phosphorus is so important to keep low a little more. I've already reduced my egg consumption to roughly about once a week because of the PUFA content as well as a slight allergic reaction.

Thank you for the great advice. I've been doing this RP research since June and you're right, not all the foods sit well with me such as the eggs and mushrooms. And although I've seen a direct correlation with the more milk I drink and a higher body temp (roughly 2 hours later) I can't go over a certain amount of milk/milk products before getting a pretty sore stomach. But all is fun anyways as I explore this new way of eating :relaxed:

Let me be clear, liver, oysters, and eggs have extremely valuable in nutrients. And maybe people really see benefit from it. What in telling you is that experimentation on yourself is really the best way to know. Not to mention the environment plays a factor.

But everything will have an effect when you put it all together.

For example, when I don’t travel and have complete control of my food, I absolutely feel at my best.

When I was working overseas for a year and did not have access to good cheese and milk most of the time, I found that eating more liver which were offered at restaurants was actually really valuable relative to the situation I was in. In other words, liver gave me nutrients that made a difference while I was traveling, but my home diet is the absolute best.

hopefully this helps a little more. Liver, oysters, and eggs are high in nutrients and help many people. So keep experimenting and find what works for you.

gaze

The short memory may be from low b vitamins. Be careful with so much cheese and ice cream, you have to remember that cheese loses a lot of it’s b vitamins with the removal of whey, so it’s almost empty calories (although with good minerals) and your diet in general looks short on b vitamins. I personally think veal and a little lean pork are a better way to get b vitamins consistently instead of liver and eggs (1 egg isn’t very high in b vitamins, and liver is an anti thyroid food for me personally), but which ever method makes you feel good I would recommend trying to do

Last edited:

Recoen

So before I started using Peat’s inspiration, I was a paleo person. High amounts of meat. Then I started doing meat maybe 1x a day for the first few years... definitely felt better. But in the last year after my father passed away I need to ratchet up my diet more as I’ve been grieving. So for the last year I get rid of all meat with the exception of liver for 2-3x per month.

In the last 3 months I’ve gone no meat completely and it’s been a game changer. My levels of stress with no meat goes down incredibly.

To achieve the high ca:ph it really comes down to high amounts of parmigiano Reggiano cheese that gives the higher ratio. So 4oz a day with 2 cups of milk and 3-4 cups of vanilla ice cream gets me there based on cronometer. Now of course, my fat intake is high; I’ve tried going low fat for 7 years and every time I do it I feel terrible and sleep is awe full.
Thank you for your reply! How has your blood glucose been with the higher fat? I’ve been using full fat raw milk so my levels are around 60mg/d. I feel good this way because I’ve had very low BG with low normal insulin in the past. I think the higher fat is helping to keep my BG up for longer- the meter for sure shows it is. Working on glucose metabolism has also helped me so I don’t keep wasting to lactate and continually have to rely on LDH and the cori cycle.
Have you by chance tracked your hemoglobin to see if the low Fe And Cu intake have caused it to decrease?

Andman

could be the opiate-like effect from all the milk/cheese or the theanine even?

Peaches

Let me be clear, liver, oysters, and eggs have extremely valuable in nutrients. And maybe people really see benefit from it. What in telling you is that experimentation on yourself is really the best way to know. Not to mention the environment plays a factor.

But everything will have an effect when you put it all together.

For example, when I don’t travel and have complete control of my food, I absolutely feel at my best.

When I was working overseas for a year and did not have access to good cheese and milk most of the time, I found that eating more liver which were offered at restaurants was actually really valuable relative to the situation I was in. In other words, liver gave me nutrients that made a difference while I was traveling, but my home diet is the absolute best.

hopefully this helps a little more. Liver, oysters, and eggs are high in nutrients and help many people. So keep experimenting and find what works for you.

Thank you will keep doing that :thumbsup::blush: