Lower your stress with food?

neu4

Is there any food that allows you to feel better afterwards ?

Milk (skim), and yogurt. Cheese is fatty so with moderation.
Lean protein (especially lean beef and white fish)
Crispy potatoes, boiled carrots and mushrooms.

OP
N

neu4

Any food that makes you feel good and you digest well
I feel great on high and lean protein ratio.
I don't feel great on sugar foods except applesauce for sweet tooth.
Milk, fish, heavy cooked veggies are my staples.
Add starch when feeling weak.
Add beef when feeling tired.

Samya

The foods which I find most relaxing are dairy, honey, fruit, oats, potatoes, coconuts, chocolate, coffee and sea salt.

I feel like food is a good start to be free from stress as it's something we have a lot of control over and being less physically stressed helps to deal with the stress of authoritarianism optimistically.

Last edited:

Peatful

Milk (skim), and yogurt. Cheese is fatty so with moderation.
Lean protein (especially lean beef and white fish)
Crispy potatoes, boiled carrots and mushrooms.
Balanced blood sugar.
This calms down the stress response- and causes no load on your adrenals to stabilize your BS.
In turn this will keep your cortisol down.

Easy to digest balanced mini meals are a great place to start.
40/30/30 or 50/25/25 C/P/F is best.

Twenty minutes or so after your meal- take your temperature. Of course, know your baseline prior.
That helps guide you.

Jennifer

Sweetened black tea, fresh pressed fruit juices, raw goat’s milk, salty goat cheese and salty egg dishes like omelettes and quiche.

aniciete

Sweetened black tea, fresh pressed fruit juices, raw goat’s milk, salty goat cheese and salty egg dishes like omelettes and quiche.
Hey, I was wondering what your goat milk tastes like? Is it musky at all? Every single goat milk I’ve tried had a musky and sourish taste, even a brand of raw goat milk tasted odd. I got myself some fresh raw goat milk today that was milked this morning and it tastes absolutely delicious. No goaty taste or musky after taste.

LUH 3417

Hey, I was wondering what your goat milk tastes like? Is it musky at all? Every single goat milk I’ve tried had a musky and sourish taste, even a brand of raw goat milk tasted odd. I got myself some fresh raw goat milk today that was milked this morning and it tastes absolutely delicious. No goaty taste or musky after taste.
I’m not sure where you are but oak knoll is a popular goat milk in the Ne that’s delicious and not musky at alll. It’s not raw but easy to get at some groceries.

Jennifer

When the goats from the farm I get my milk from haven’t been gorging on choice minerals containing kelp (makes their milk taste fishy :yuck:), it does develop a hint of muskiness if heated beyond a certain temp and time, and the older it gets. I agree with LUH 3417 that Oak Knoll doesn’t have a muskiness, again, as long as it’s not heated beyond a certain temp and time, and it’s fresh. I’ve heated it in the microwave to make hot cocoa and purchased it when it was at its sell by date and in both instances, it tasted musky, though, still not as musky as Meyenberg was the few times I tried it.

It’s said that the handling of the milk and the does proximity to the buck(s) play a part in the muskiness, and I believe it’s true, but it seems to be something inherent to goat’s milk. At one point I questioned if maybe the muskiness was a result of the breakdown of caprylic acid, something that’s abundant in goat’s milk, because I recall Ray saying that he started to smell like a goat when he experimented with high amounts of coconut oil and coconut oil is also rich in caprylic acid, but so is breastmilk and I’ve never known a human baby to smell like a goat so I think that theory needs some work. lol

There are a lot of farms in the state I live in so I’ve been able to try a variety of milk, and the farm I get mine from has the sweetest I’ve ever had so the goat’s milk tastes as sweet as some of the cow’s milk I’ve had, but it still isn’t as sweet as the same farm’s certified A2 cow’s milk—their cow’s milk tastes as sweet as if you put sugar in it and testing via a refractometer confirmed its crazy high Brix—so as much as I love goat’s milk, for me, it doesn’t hold a candle to cow’s milk. Being able to compare A2 milk from different species from the same farm, both fully skimmed, I can honestly say, both treat me the same. If their breed of cow was one that produced fat globules as small as goats produce—like the Dutch Belted breed—I suspect I would tolerate both their milks whole, but their cows are Jersey/Milking Devon crosses, which produce larger fat globules.

TheSir

I experimented with red lentils recently, boiled to the point where they disintegrate and turn into porridge, and was surprised at how much they warmed up my extremities and calmed me down.