Lower Stomach Bloat

superhuman

Ive had this for a long time, to a bigger or less degree.
I was wondering whats causing this, i have frequent bowel movements and all that so i think its mostly air in there.
But the area below my navel and around there. I can also really push it out if i want to, its not fat. If i poster up great i can remove some of it but still i can feel its "hard" sticking/pressing out.

Its not a food allergy problem either i think

Giraffe

I was wondering whats causing this

Many years ago I went to a doctor (a surgeon) because that area hurt and was strange to touch. His guess was that it was umbilical hernia. I was explained that this means that a piece of the colon is protruding through a weak point in the abdominal wall. I was told that there was a risk that the colon ruptures, which is an emergency. So I was advised to have surgery, but he sent me to a radiologist first to rule out cancer.

I had helped a friend moving houses shortly before that. I made sure to avoid funny things for a while and never went back to have surgery done.

Edit to add: The radiologist neither confirmed nor ruled out umbilical hernia. The symptoms disappeared after a few weeks. Just sharing my experience ...

Last edited:

whit

Ive had this for a long time, to a bigger or less degree.
I was wondering whats causing this, i have frequent bowel movements and all that so i think its mostly air in there.
But the area below my navel and around there. I can also really push it out if i want to, its not fat. If i poster up great i can remove some of it but still i can feel its "hard" sticking/pressing out.

Its not a food allergy problem either i think

Is there any pain in the area of protrusion?

whit

Little bit of muffin top then.
Activated charcoal works for me. I've also been trying bamboo shoots lately as well.
Some red light therapy can do wonders in this area too
I've also found if I save most of my carbs for dinner it resolves itself.

bobbybobbob

I's just visceral fat. You have to lean out.

I don't think anyone ever manages to get rid of a visceral fat deposit just with diet. It takes exercise.

whit

I don't think anyone ever manages to get rid of a visceral fat deposit just with diet. It takes exercise.

I disagree from my own experience. Exercise is only a very small part of the equasion. Diet is nearly the whole enchilada.
Starches are reliably great for this very effect for me. Nomatter how much exercise is in the equation.

OP
S

superhuman

Its not that, i think its mostly fluid.
Im an athlete i workout everyday and im not fat at all.

OP
S

superhuman

And it is not cortisol effect?

I have no idea. How do i know? i do take everything for lowering cortisol and general stress tho. pregnenolone,b6,gelatin,niacinamide etc
But i struggle with some water retention in my face and legs so that may be ralted to cortisol

Ulla

You wrote you workout everyday.
That could be causing some stress to the body. Maybe take seven days off, walk or something like that, maybe you will notice a difference.

Usually if *I* train less I see my abs more. For me that means fitness training once or twice per week. If more, then I feel stress response.
In meantime I try to walk more, ride a city bicycle. Try not to sit much. I really like to wash dishes, lol, because this is another way more to sit less.

bobbybobbob

I'm almost positive it's just a visceral fat deposit. What some research has shown is it's very hard to get rid of without some high intensity training, and also keeping cortisol low day to day, as noted above.

Just "working out" every day doesn't mean no visceral fat. Google image search "bubble gut bodybuilder".

OP
S

superhuman

@bobbybobbob first off i know what you mean and for most that is the problem but its not for me.
bubble gut body building is from huge amount of HGH injections and other ***t.
If i consume a ton of sodium bicarb it helps alot and it gets almost completely flat

Lol I've had this since I was three years old (I just can't remember before that). It's not fat.

whit

If you work out every day there may be some electrolyte imbalance causing slight edema.
Do you salt your food a lot or a little?
Do you supplement magnesium?
Sorry I'm not familiar with your history or age.

There's some balance that I've found with a little time to recover from the last workout.
The rest and how its used can be as important as the stress if not more.:D
Methylene blue before a workout reduces lactic acid buildup for me. Asprin helps too.

tomisonbottom

@bobbybobbob first off i know what you mean and for most that is the problem but its not for me.
bubble gut body building is from huge amount of HGH injections and other ****.
If i consume a ton of sodium bicarb it helps alot and it gets almost completely flat

How much sodium bicarb to make it flat? And why not just keep doing that?

Evandrojr

How much sodium bicarb to make it flat? And why not just keep doing that?
I have more or less the same problem. My bet is overproduction of endotoxin from excess colon bacteria. Oregano oil really helped, and reduction of starches (meaning ZERO starches really, all carbs from fruit juices, honey, cane sugar and lactose free milk). Oh yeah, could be the colon bacteria fermenting the lactose as well. Even if you don't pass too much gas, doesn't means it's not being produced, that was my experience.

docall18

I have no idea. How do i know? i do take everything for lowering cortisol and general stress tho. pregnenolone,b6,gelatin,niacinamide etc
But i struggle with some water retention in my face and legs so that may be ralted to cortisol

I have lost 3kg, mainly belly fat, in the last 3 weeks. My stomach was also bloated.

What i done was quit pregnenolone, niacinamide and aspirin, aswell as a few other supps. I also increased coffee.

The only supps i now take are coffee, salt, P5p B6 (spread over day), and a little NTD.

I feel the weight gain/bloating was a liver issue and the pregnenolone, niacinamide and aspirin seem to make it worse.

Evandrojr

I have lost 3kg, mainly belly fat, in the last 3 weeks. My stomach was also bloated.

What i done was quit pregnenolone, niacinamide and aspirin, aswell as a few other supps. I also increased coffee.

The only supps i now take are coffee, salt, P5p B6 (spread over day), and a little NTD.

I feel the weight gain/bloating was a liver issue and the pregnenolone, niacinamide and aspirin seem to make it worse.
Well done! Sorry, but what's NTD?

whit

I'm with you on the liver being the common denominator here.
Schizandra berry has been helpfull for us on this issue.