Lower Back And Belly Are Always Very Warm, Hands And Feet Often Cold

paulwalkerrip

I've put on quite a bit of fat since trying to adopt Peat principles (more protein, trying to get most of my carbs from fruit sugars, doing everything I can to reduce PUFA intake) and while that deserves its own post, I'm wondering if anyone else gets a super hot core.

That **** Portion Control guy (he used to post on here as nate dawg or something similar) has said that it could be a sign of SIBO? Wondering what others think of this.

LUH 3417

I thought in hypothyroidism the limbs aren’t perfumed because the body is trying to keep the central organs warm and has to preferentially select those over limbs

OP
paulwalkerrip

paulwalkerrip

@ecstatichamster
I began gradschool in September and it was fine there for a little bit (2x BMs, no straining, no bothersome symptoms) but ever since midterms it's been touch and go and I've become waaaay less regular with more gas and rumblings.

you might try a bit of aspirin. And are you using the carrot salad, or well cooked mushrooms or bamboo shoots?

baccheion

Getting enough salt? Any nutrient deficiencies? Vitamin D aids with gut health. Cold extremities are also a symptom of low GABA.

With a thyroid problem, you'd usually be cold all over.

OP
paulwalkerrip

paulwalkerrip

you might try a bit of aspirin. And are you using the carrot salad, or well cooked mushrooms or bamboo shoots?
I'm popping aspirin every couple of days but I could try upping my frequency.

I add mushrooms in when I cook up beef and gelatin but I could definitely be doing the carrot salad more often. When do you time it in your eating schedule?

OP
paulwalkerrip

paulwalkerrip

Getting enough salt? Any nutrient deficiencies? Vitamin D aids with gut health. Cold extremities are also a symptom of low GABA.

With a thyroid problem, you'd usually be cold all over.
Plenty of salt! Used to be wary of it in my WFPB days but glad those are behind me.

I take vitamin D w my K2 supp but since I live in Canada I could probably stand to add some more.

Using cronometer atm and I would love for a version that only tracked nutrients, not calories - I am absolutely done w dieting, restrictions etc.

I'm popping aspirin every couple of days but I could try upping my frequency.

I add mushrooms in when I cook up beef and gelatin but I could definitely be doing the carrot salad more often. When do you time it in your eating schedule?

Between meals, usually late afternoon. I added bamboo shoots, well cooked, to the well cooked mushrooms and it is fantastic.

OP
paulwalkerrip

paulwalkerrip

Between meals, usually late afternoon. I added bamboo shoots, well cooked, to the well cooked mushrooms and it is fantastic.
Thanks for the advice!

Been lurking here for some time now so it's nice to finally dive in and interact with people.