Low Tsh And Psychosis

Discussion in 'Mental Issues' started by jaguar43, Apr 17, 2013.

1. jaguar43

jaguar43 Member

I have been been on cyomel and cynoplus for a few months, I went to the doctor blood work a few days ago and when the results return, my doctor had sad that I will become "psychotic" because my tsh was at 0.1 ( i have been enjoying the "thyroid storm").

I plan on showing him some of the studies on ray peat's website that showed rats with low pituitary hormones live longer, and how keeping low tsh can help with cancers and longevity.

I remember in a ray peat interview how a patient that kept receiving t4 became more and more psychotic, but once given t3 she came back to normal. Is there any documentation on this or was it only by word of mouth.

For any of those who don't know me, I have a background in autoimmune disease and have growth and developmental problems when I was younger. I use to have flat feet that i couldn't even walk and now I have a arch development and " not so flat feet" due to thyroid supplementation. When I was diagnosis with "my autoimmune disease"( I use it in this tense because they said I had a mixture of two autoimmune disease, vasculitis and Kawasaki) I had heart valve leakage, but after using some of ray peats therapies, there is no leaking. So i pretty much had success with ray peats work.

If anyone could post of some studies that having low tsh will not have a negative impact on health, or relative studies and topics, by all means please post. I will appreciate much thank you.

2. 4peatssake

4peatssake Member

This perhaps may help.

From RP article TSH, temperature, pulse rate, and other indicators in hypothyroidism http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/hypothyroidism.shtml

3. jyb

jyb Member

Of course, your doctor will freak out when he sees that the TSH is outside the usual range. I went from 6 to 0.01 and he told me it was better to be hypo (6 of TSH) than having a low TSH which would cause "thyroiditis". I did not believe him once instant, I think he knows very little about thyroid and should have the decency not to give me any advice.

4. Mittir

Mittir Member

5. 4peatssake

4peatssake Member

Holy Cow!

From the third link provided.

Results of the Hunt Study below:

TSH Death from Heart Disease
    Group 1 0.50-1.4 baseline risk
    Group 2 1.5-2.4 40% higher than baseline
    Group 3 2.5-3.5 70% higher than baseline

This Finding is Earthshaking !!

This Finding is Earthshaking !! This means that merely by taking natural thyroid pills to reduce TSH to the low end of "normal" (0.5), one can reduce death from cardiovascular disease by 70 percent. This mortality benefit is mind boggling and far exceeds any drug intervention available.

:yipes

6. charlie

charlie The Law & Order Admin

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1Iil14uYoo[/media]

7. jyb

jyb Member

No it does not show that. It just shows that there is a correlation between low TSH and low incidence of heart disease. So people who tend to have low TSH also tend to have low disease. But this alone is not enough to prove that taking some thyroid to reduce TSH will make you as healthy as those in Group 1. However, after reading RP, we believe its more or less the case due to believing thyroid health being fundamental.

8. 4peatssake

4peatssake Member

So, you're saying that Jeffery Dach's "interpretation" of the results is incorrect jyb?

9. jyb

jyb Member

No he's probably right, just saying the correlations alone don't prove it. They certainly discredit all those doctors refusing to prescribe thyroid "because TSH is already low".

10. charlie

charlie The Law & Order Admin

Low TSH is bad for business. :shh:

11. 4peatssake

4peatssake Member

Yep. And heart disease and cancer ARE big business.

12. Giraffe

Giraffe Member

Sorry for ressurecting an old thread. I am curious how the story continued. Your doctor was very pleased, and ever since he is giving you flowers each time you visit him, right? ;)

Awesome!

13. OP
    jaguar43

jaguar43 Member

He seem impressed, but did't follow with prescribing because he said he could get license revoke. Most doctors seem satisfied if you bring in studies or evidence proving your argument. I am sure not every doctor is the same though.

14. Spondive

Spondive Member

I have been taking NDT 3 or more grains a day for 28 years after my lymphoma diagnosis and have been cancer free and in decent health. I recently had CT scan of my heart and have a zero calcium score in my arteries and an almost zero risk of arteriosclerosis and heart disease. Is it because of thyroid or something else? My TSH has been less than 0.1 for years

15. Giraffe

Giraffe Member

You seem to have made good experiences with your doctors. Lucky you! :)

Did you cope without thyroid meds? Or did you have a chance to buy them on your own?

16. OP
    jaguar43

jaguar43 Member

Yea, I just buy them on my own now.

17. ilikecats

ilikecats Member

@jag2594 What thyroid meds do you take?