Dismiss Notice
  7. Orange & Red Light Therapy Device - LGS1
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Cascara Sagrada Powder From Farmalabor In Italy
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Low Tryptophan Diet

Discussion in 'Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine' started by farshad, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Travis

Travis Member

Leucine has anabolic effect when not balanced by the others, as it activates the mTOR pathway. Phenylalanine can become dopamine by being twice‐hydroxylated, but if it fails to do so it can interfere with nerve transmission (phenylketonuria). Gelatin should be all that's required because you cannot eliminate brain serotonin completely; I think it's enough to lower it by 30% or so. Also, a person should be careful about taking isolated amino acids because about half of them have secondary functions besides their structural roles; for example:

methionine ⟶ polyamines ± SAM
    tyrosine ⟶ dopamine ± catecholamines
    histamine ⟶ histadine ± urocanic acid
    arginine ⟶ nitric oxide
    tryptophan ⟶ serotonin
    leucine ⟶ cholesterol (mTOR)
    threonine ⟶ methylglyoxal

And of course aspartate and glutamate are 'excitatory neurotransmitters' without modification, but their ability to cross the blood–brain barrier is limited (being polar amino acids.) I think MSG fearmongering is a bit exaggerated—perhaps to divert attention away from more important things by creating a scapegoat, and perhaps even as an economic attack on Asian restaurants (competitors of American restaurants).

So I think amino acid ratios are important, and even more so if you deviate from the more‐or‐less natural ratios found in foods. I think cooking certain foods can increase the rate of tryptophan release by breaking down fiber, but I haven't seen any studies on this—just a feeling that I get from eating raw vs cooked food of same type.

2. OP
    farshad

farshad Member

so I dont quite understand what should I take? just gelatin? I want atleast half of my brain serotonin gone 50% , would these 3 do it? =
    I was thinking Phenylalanine ,Leucine and gelatin supplement with no change in diet
    I dont mind the side effects.

3. Thoushant

Thoushant Member

Can be really valuable. If the calculation isn't too complex. I think an online spreadsheet with data and sources can help people contribute.
    Any way to do anonymous google spreadsheets(or alternatives)? Not having luck creating new google account.
    This was my thought to do, after stumbling on the article.they used 6.2 g PHE+Leu/10 kg bw for a pilot study. so I might come around to a smaller dosage with high tryptophan food. @Travis raised good point about solo supplementing amino acids though, so wouldn't go crazy with it now. BCAA also reduces tryptophan crossover, that and gelatin added might might push the fernstrom ratio down.
    Otherwise the free fatty acids and insulin I think might be more consistent long term.

As a side question, it could be helpful to lower tryptophan/serotonin in small timeframes every some weeks, and hopefully other processes affected by serotonin would have opportunity to correct/find new balance little by litte?

4. johnwester130

johnwester130 Member

potato/celery soup with gelatin powder

masa harina for starch

fruit . oysters.

Estroban to prevent fat soluble deficiency.

Boring diet but it could work

5. OP
    farshad

farshad Member

guys is it possible to take a multivitamin/mineral and supplement important amino acids and your good dont need to eat?

6. Jerimy Brown

Jerimy Brown Member

This is an interesting question, that I will be curious to see the answer to as well, because prior to the accidental serotonin syndrome I am currently trying to regulate, I was intermittent day fasting which helped me drop 40 pounds and get into the best shape I have ever been in, and now dealing with this serotonin syndrome, if I don't eat regularly, I feel terrible, but I am not used to eating this often, and frankly don't care for it, especially if it means going backwards in the gym for some period of time.

Further more, it would be awesome if stores were forced to put warning labels on products with 5-htp, in them, instead of just assuming it's completely safe for everyone... I didn't want or need a serotonin boost and the bad reaction I had to 5-htp has been a nightmare for the last week. I am getting better and it's happening faster since I found this site/forum and am able to make some educated dietary and supplement decisions, but probably been the worst week of my life... But maybe I am just venting too much now hahaha ;)

7. Paul85

Paul85 Member

Last week i have the Same prob with serotonine i was to hospital !!!! I don t know What to Eat right Now and my appetite is slow !!! Pls i need help !!!

8. lollipop

lollipop Guest

A few things I have had success eating that were pleasurable and provided nutrients and super easy to digest (for me): ice cream and milkshakes, rice, scrambled eggs, applesauce.

Hope this helps!

9. Paul85

Paul85 Member

Ok Thx ! I try today to Eat wite rice with chicken legs ( the down part Wher is the colagen ) and after 1 hour my body Temp rise from 35,6 ear Temp to 37! And my arm Temp 36 from 35.3 ! I don t know if it s the carbs or serotonine from the rice ....

10. Paul85

Paul85 Member

11. johnwester130

johnwester130 Member

12. tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod Member