Low Thyroid

Raf

I have had a low thyroid for about 1oyrs and take thyroxine. I have gained a lot of weight and always feel tired and have digestive problems. I have also had my gallbladder removed. I would like to try the Tyromax, what other products would beneficial to use with the Tyromax?

wintagal

The problem could be: a. Not enough T4 b. High reverse T3 c. Poor conversion of T4 to T3 d. Low iron e. Low cortisol f . Poor absorption of T4 - take before meals ,coffee, iron, or calcium supplements. g. Low carb diet. And probably many more.
Your symptoms are consistent with low cellular thyroid function but your blood tests may or may not show why. You need labs for: free T4, free T3, reverse T3, ferritin, saliva cortisol. That would be your starting point.

OP
R

Raf

Thank you for replying. I am from Sth East Melbourne Australia and I have asked for reverse T3 blood tests and so far have not found a Dr that deals
with this test at all. I went to an endocrinologist about 5 years ago and she did not test for reverse T3 either. She told me to do the medi-trim shake diet. I continued taking 50ug thyroxine and I did lose weight. I have put all of the weight back on plus more. Is there anyone on this forum that could recommend a Dr in Melbourne Australia that does these blood tests including reverse T3?

wintagal

Yes, the endocrinology protocols are to test TSH and total T4. Only. That works well for maybe 80% of thyroid patients. Of course, even if you do get those tests, finding an MD to prescribe something other than your current dose will be another hurdle. Sigh.

bluewren

I'm in country NSW, and have RT3 levels ordered without any fuss. That particular blood test is not covered by Medicare, so I'm billed by the Pathology lab and pay direct. I cannot remember the cost, sorry.
I would try another GP, and stand on your dig. There is no good reason for them to refuse, and it is a very helpful blood test.

Cheers!.

Last edited:
OP
R

Raf

What is the best diet plan to follow when hypothyroid? I have 40+ kilograms to lose :(.

bluewren

What is the best diet plan to follow when hypothyroid? I have 40+ kilograms to lose :(.

That's easy.....there is loads of info on this site. For starters, go to Forums, then Diet and Recipes.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals