Low testosterone

Spondive

My last testosterone level was 175. I am debating on starting trt again, but that didn't improve libido much. I have been eating pretty good from a Peat standpoint and take certain vitamin and mineral supplements that are Peat approved to some avail. So I was disappointed with my last T level.

I did manage to get my T level up to 380 the blood test before this one. The only thing that changed was my type of thyroid. I switched from ndt 3 grains a day to synthetic t4 150 mcg day and 15mcg t3 day.

Any help would be appreciated?

OP
S

Spondive

I don't like writing... More detail

45 year old male
Fathered 2 children 1 on the way
Libido better eating Peat like even though testosterone in the toilet
5'10 220 pounds
Fatty liver since age 18
Have mildly elevated liver enzymes started in 2010 doing low carb diet..has not changed much Peat inspired diet
I am drinking coffee with cream and sugar..can only tolerate 1 cup per day
Take thyroid everyday for primary gland failure due to radiation treatments for Hodgkin's disease greater than 25 years ago

I will think of more stuff as I can think of

OP
S

Spondive

I forgot...I love reading Haidet's posts
I love to experiment with supplements that are recommended on this site

Peat thinks there is a balance of thyroid/T3, progesterone and DHEA/testosterone. A deficiency in any one disturbs the balance.

The dosing and timing here is critical, and very much dependent on your own metabolism. Can you supplement very small amounts of each of these every two hours? Can you also have some orange juice at the same time? The fructose is needed for the T3.

OP
S

Spondive

So dose t3 progesterone dhea/testosterone every few hours with OJ..is that what you are saying visionofstrength?

Yes, in very small doses. A speck of DHEA mixed in a drop of Progest-E and nibble of T3 (a few micrograms).

OP
S

Spondive

Thanks I will try that.. I think you talked about that that in another post somewhere..uncouplers etc.

natedawggh

Spondive said:
I don't like writing... More detail

45 year old male
Fathered 2 children 1 on the way
Libido better eating Peat like even though testosterone in the toilet
5'10 220 pounds
Fatty liver since age 18
Have mildly elevated liver enzymes started in 2010 doing low carb diet..has not changed much Peat inspired diet
I am drinking coffee with cream and sugar..can only tolerate 1 cup per day
Take thyroid everyday for primary gland failure due to radiation treatments for Hodgkin's disease greater than 25 years ago

I will think of more stuff as I can think of

Vitamin K2 deficiency! K2 increases testosterone and heals liver problems. Take one without toxic additives like silica or titanium, etc.

Do not take synthetic thyroid. Bad for you. Take natural.

nikotrope

15mg to 45mg vitamin k2 (mk-4) per day. If it works, you should be able to drink more coffee and it will heal your liver even more.

I did two weeks of 10-15mg of vitamin k2 and 400-600mg of caffeine (I don't like coffee, so I use supplements but it would require very strong coffee a few times during the day). And now I can go to 800mg of caffeine without getting jittery. My liver was probably not as bad as yours since I could handle caffeine pretty well from the start.

I have seen friends go low carb and they lost their caffeine tolerance probably due to liver problems.

My libido went up and some other related stuff improved too.

nikotrope said:
15mg to 45mg vitamin k2 (mk-4) per day. If it works, you should be able to drink more coffee and it will heal your liver even more.

I have seen friends go low carb and they lost their caffeine tolerance probably due to liver problems.

My libido went up and some other related stuff improved too.
Agree with Nikotrope. I would only add that K2 has a short half life so dividing the dose throughout the day should have more benefit than one or two bolus doses.

Myself, I've been testing 15 mg K2-MK4 X 8, and I am planning to go to 45 mg X 8, but it gets a little expensive, since Thorne K2 is $.70 per dose.

Peat's said that in combination with K2, it's important to get enough Vitamin D from sunlight (or from topical Vitamin D in the winter), and to have adequate calcium. magnesium and sodium, preferably from food (or bicarbonate water).

If it works, it may be a great anti-stress therapy, that lets your body feels safe and free to indulge in sex again, on the theory that when men and women feel stress for too long, mostly from estrogenic contaminants in the environment, they lose interest in sex as a protective response.

Rates of childbirth are decreasing across the industrialized world, as if governments were practicing population control by releasing estrogen into the environment.

nikotrope said:
400-600mg of caffeine (I don't like coffee, so I use supplements but it would require very strong coffee a few times during the day).
9 teaspoons of instant coffee has 600 mg caffeine, and also 63 mg of magnesium and some B vitamins.

I find that mixed with dairy, gelatin and honey in a panna cotta, it seems to enhance the effect of the caffeine, and avoid jitters.

Zachs

Did hou have your estrogen levels checked when using TRT? You you were getting injections and it failed to raise your test to any meaningful level then most was probably being turned into estrogen. Depending on your bloodwork, a estrogen blocker might be in order along with a low fat diet and other Peat protocals.

OP
S

Spondive

I got my levels up with trt but estrogen would rise significantly also

OP
S

Spondive

When I take aromatase inhibitors such as arimidex it kills my libido. Eating egg yolks seem to help libido. I have always had lower cholesterol levels I'm assuming it is liver problem because of fatty liver so my liver is having hard time making cholesterol.

I don't know if estrogen is driving libido at times given that testosterone is so low. I am not sure what brought my testosterone up to 385 the one blood test not being on trt. I was taking 3 grains NDT split up 3 tines a day and taking good doses of A D E K and eating at least 2 -3 egg yolks daily. I don't know out of these brought it up but libido and erections were better at this time not perfect but better than when I was taking testosterone and my level was much higher.

One other note progesterone cream 100 mg a day helped my libido more than testosterone. Also tried testosterone and then put progesterone cream on 100 mg and had a short moment of libido and spontaneous erections like a teenager but decided to try raising T without taking exogenous T.

Anyway here I am again with a T level of 175

Zachs

When you used arimidex what was your dose? Did you build up gradually?

OP
S

Spondive

A quarter of a 1mg tablet a few times a week.. I didn't stay on it very long to really give it a shot. I was taking it hoping to lower estrogen enough and thereby increase testosterone without taking T. To be fare I didn't give it enough time, but did notice a deadening feeling of penis and shrinking low libido. But definitely not very scientific on my part. Also I was worried about taking arimidex because of possible liver problems with arimidex given I already have a fatty liver

OP
S

Spondive

I think I definately have estrogen problems given that I have had gynocomastia since puberty and probably liver fat and mildly elevated liver enzymes. I would say libido had decreased pretty significantly since age 35...I am now 45. It is disheartening to me given I always had a good libido and function and loved the ladies when I was younger

Zachs

Personally, i would do a very low fat diet to try and lose as much body fat as i could. It might help with Fatty liver as well.

Lots of fruit and fruit juice, mostly dairy for protein, occasional liver, oysters and eggs. Supplement with coffee, salt, a bit of CO, niacinimide, tourine, glycine and E, D, K.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals