Low testorone in female in her late 30's

Tansia

Hi All,
I've recently experienced a terrible hair shedding and I did hormonal panel. In the panel TSH=1 uIU/ml, FSH=22mIU/ml ( too high for folicilar phase as norm is 12,5 - this maybe due to multiple cysts removed from ovaries), the rest: LH, Prolactin, Estradiol, DHEA-SO4, SHGB, PTH, Cholestreol was in a normal ranage. That what surpised me was testosterone which was below 2,5 ng/dl (norm is 8,4-48.1).
I've been Peating for over 2,5 years, taking progesterone in the second half of the cycle and thyroid - 2 grains, Energin, wit A and E. I wonder how can I increase my testosterone levels? I think it maybe caused by high cortisol or by high estrogen? Can anyone here help me with the best ways to correct testosterone. I've seen posts but related to increasing to testosterone in men - not sure if the same rules apply for women? Thank you.

K

Kaur Singh

what's your temperature and heart rate thorughout the day?

OP
T

Tansia

what's your temperature and heart rate thorughout the day?

@Kaur Singh on average: morning: 36,6C and arround 70 pulse, then after breakfast temp drops to 36.3C but my pulse raises to 85, afternoon36.6C and 88 pulse. This I guess indicates high adrenaline and cortisol. Not sure how to lower that except the right diet, progestrone and thyroid. I tried cyrpoheptadine in the past but the side effects were unpleasant. I should add that I do have endometriosis and high estrogen issues. I'm not lean - each time I cut calories it triggers stress reponse.

K

Kaur Singh

and as for hypothyroid symptoms?

You may want to check out the 'better' ranges as opposed to the lab's.
So cholesterol less than 160 mg/dl is low.
I don't recall of the top of my head what they are for prolactin.
Peat likes PTH to be low.
etc

I wonder what constitutes 'normal' with with estrogen,
plus relationship to progesterone.
I think day 21 might be a good one to test both - progesterone should be higher.
no doctor ever seems to test on both on this day, they have different ideas what constitutes pathology.

How about vitamin D levels?

Have you looked for what Peat has said/written on endometriosis?
he's got a book on the topic of female hormones

with the endo - perhaps testosterone is low because aromatization, high conversion to estrogen?
how about them white mushrooms and the carrot
and what else can be done for that?
perhaps supplementing all through the cycle with progesterone,
upping the dose on day 14 and then down again on day 28.

sufficient calcium in diet
I guess you could up the thyroid dose, maybe worth exploring the other stuff,
etc

these are just some observations/quick thoughts.
dig deeper!

I know... weight is a tricky issue with these hormonal/metabolic imbalances...
sigh

Last edited by a moderator:
K

Kaur Singh

for example

I would look at what Peat has written/said on a subject
before most else

and pay very close attention to how your body responds to things
any intervention

good luck!

OP
T

Tansia

@Kaur Singh thanks so much for your help.
My Cholesterol is 180 mg/dl - seem to be in normal range, prolactin is in mid-range, the same with PTH.
Testing progesterone on day 21 together with estrogen is really good idea- thank you! You're right doctors usually ask to test progestrone only on that day.
I'm still working on upping my vit D - last time it was arround 50 so I know it could be better.
I think you may be right with aromatisation of testosterone in my case- so seem like blocking aromatase would be a good idea. I'm taking 500mg-1g of aspirin to handle that, but it looks like this is not enough. The carrot salad - yes this is something that I am focus to do every day now, eh
I've read Peat's parts on endometriosis and estrogen dominance and I implemented all of it. The only thing that comes to my mind that the thyroid that I was using recently from Merck (t3+t4) was not a good quality. Would like to get cynoplus but because of European regulations it's hard to get anthing now from outside of EU.
Watched the video with Jodelle - really good one!
Thank you for all those great tips @Kaur Singh - they will help me to stay on track.

K

Kaur Singh

@Tansia
middle of the range prolactin = too high, per this framework.
So perhaps up your calcium intake.

I can't remember the prolactin Peat uses too -
try to find it.
because middle of the lab's range may also be high.

calcium glucarate may help with estrogen excretion
sulfates too? as in magnesium sulfate, epsom salts. Maybe.

good luck!

sweetpeat

try to find it.
In my notes, Peat's recommended levels for prolactin for females is 11-15 ng/mL (4-7 for males). Hope this helps.

OP
T

Tansia

@Tansia
middle of the range prolactin = too high, per this framework.
So perhaps up your calcium intake.

try to find it.

calcium glucarate may help with estrogen excretion
sulfates too? as in magnesium sulfate, epsom salts. Maybe.

good luck!
I did not know about the calcium glucarate and sulfates - thanks so much!

Back
Top Bottom