Low T & Low SHBG

Hi Guys.

34yr old, came off cold TRT turkey in Februar 2021 after i was diagnosed with an Choriodal Neovascularation secondary to Chronic Serious Central Retinopathy.

T Levels have been bad all life long though.
Thats why i started to inject testosterone.

Made an test and the results are:
T:2,39ng/ml
SHBG:19nmol/L
Albumin:4,5g/dl

Also have actual b12 and folic acid levels:
B12:282pg/ml
Folic Acid:4,5ng/ml

Also took an homocysteine test, but at this time i was already 2 weeks in supplementing b vitamins the value was 8,5 umol.

Right now im supplementing with:
250mcg b12 methylcobalamin
+
This b complex
+
25mg Zinc / 5000 iu D3 + 100mcg K2 / 400mg Magnesium

What bloodwork/actions from here?
How can i try to get this T numbers in the right directions?

My usually plan is to check back on the b vitamins and take morning cortisol to evaluate if Ashwaghanda could be helpful.

TY & BR

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hi Guys.

34yr old, came off cold TRT turkey in Februar 2021 after i was diagnosed with an Choriodal Neovascularation secondary to Chronic Serious Central Retinopathy.

Also took an homocysteine test, but at this time i was already 2 weeks in supplementing b vitamins the value was 8,5 umol.

+
This b complex
+

My usually plan is to check back on the b vitamins and take morning cortisol to evaluate if Ashwaghanda could be helpful.

TY & BR
Did you check your estrogen while on TRT? It promotes angiogenesis and can create a lot of problems.
Also, did you check your iron (ferritin, transferrin saturation, etc), thyroid (TSH, total and free T4 and T3), cortisol, DHEA and prolactin?

Do you have any comorbidities, such as obesity or diabetes?

I just released an article (and thread) on LH and T.

OP
B
Did you check your estrogen while on TRT? It promotes angiogenesis and can create a lot of problems.
Also, did you check your iron (ferritin, transferrin saturation, etc), thyroid (TSH, total and free T4 and T3), cortisol, DHEA and prolactin?

Do you have any comorbidities, such as obesity or diabetes?

I just released an article (and thread) on LH and T.

Hello Hans!

Thanks for tuning in.

Estrogen was def. a problem during my TRT.
I was not able to balance it.

I have an big bloodwork from february this year which i will add tomorrow.

So additional to the mentioned labs, you recommend also testing LH and FSH right?

Im 73kg/178cm/Around 15% bodyfat
Since the test results I try to avoid/reduce lectins,gluten,sugar and alcohol.
But i still have the feeling that my gut needs more time.
I still have whey protein in my diet which i soon will replace with beef protein powder.
As for carbs i go for 200g millet a day.

I also have a longterm history of GERD and take Propranolol 2x10mg a day since it seems a profound effect on my chronic eye CSCR disease.

I would like to ask you about your opinion on chrysin.
I know the bioavibility is very very poor, but they try to pimp it with piperin.
Whats your take on it? Can piperin make chrysin useful?

Do you think reflux can influence sexual hormons? This would explain me the study i found about chewing gum had a large positive effect on testosterone. Because chewing gum neutralizes acidity.
I have a small-medium hiatus hernias.
Even i eat clean i regularly get the feeling of acid irritating me, tightening my chest, sour throat. (Does reflux irritate the vagus????)
I want to avoid PPI, how bad are H2blockers like Famotidine at evening time?

Thank you!

Last edited:
OP
B
Also what is the optimal amount of protein intake for muscle building.
I read Dr.Peat recommends 1g per pound, whats your take?

Ras

Hi Guys.

+
This b complex
+

TY & BR
Take boron each day in the form of borax. Borax is roughly 10% boron. Experiment with different dosages, but the minimum dose should be 100 mg borax for about 10 mg of boron. I just started taking 1,000 mg of borax daily.

Take boron each day in the form of borax. Borax is roughly 10% boron. Experiment with different dosages, but the minimum dose should be 100 mg borax for about 10 mg of boron. I just started taking 1,000 mg of borax daily.
Doesn’t boron LOWER SHBG? i don’t think he would want to lower it any further?

OP
B
Here is a big bloodwork from january this year, 1 year after TRT.
Thrombozyten are low 171g/L .. its interessting because since i can remember bloodworks, they seem allways on the lowside.
TSH 1.25 mcgU/ml

Any additional tests needed regarding TSH?
Any take on the Thrombozyten?
Anything else that points out?

Attachments

• IMG-20220930-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20220930-WA0000.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG-20220930-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20220930-WA0001.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20220930_095729.jpg
    IMG_20220930_095729.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 18

Hans

Forum Supporter
So additional to the mentioned labs, you recommend also testing LH and FSH right?
Yes that would also be insightful.
As for carbs i go for 200g millet a day.
Why millet? Do you digest it well? Have you tried well-cooked veggies instead? Or perhaps meat with fruit juice. That also digest quite amazingly.
I also have a longterm history of GERD and take Propranolol 2x10mg a day since it seems a profound effect on my chronic eye CSCR disease.
Do you have it all the time or only after a specific meal? For example, some people get it after mixing meat and starch, but not when they mix meat and fruit. Things that might be hard to digest can give them GERD. Some people have also reported that taking 1/2 tsp sodium bicarb 30-45min before a meal fixed their GERD.
I would like to ask you about your opinion on chrysin.
I know the bioavibility is very very poor, but they try to pimp it with piperin.
Whats your take on it? Can piperin make chrysin useful?
For what specifically?
Do you think reflux can influence sexual hormons? This would explain me the study i found about chewing gum had a large positive effect on testosterone. Because chewing gum neutralizes acidity.
Impaired digestion limits the absorption of nutrients, which can then lower testosterone. Also, if it causes SIBO it can be a problem.
I have a small-medium hiatus hernias.
Hernias are also a common symptom of high estrogen or at least a high E to T ratio.
Also what is the optimal amount of protein intake for muscle building.
I read Dr.Peat recommends 1g per pound, whats your take?
For muscle growth, shoot for 0.6-1g/lbs of BW. If you eat less protein, it will just likely take a little longer to obtain the same amount of muscle.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Here is a big bloodwork from january this year, 1 year after TRT.
Thrombozyten are low 171g/L .. its interessting because since i can remember bloodworks, they seem allways on the lowside.
TSH 1.25 mcgU/ml

Any additional tests needed regarding TSH?
Any take on the Thrombozyten?
Anything else that points out?
You were fasted when you did this test right? Trigs were really high despite normal glucose.

OP
B
Yes that would also be insightful.

Why millet? Do you digest it well? Have you tried well-cooked veggies instead? Or perhaps meat with fruit juice. That also digest quite amazingly.

Do you have it all the time or only after a specific meal? For example, some people get it after mixing meat and starch, but not when they mix meat and fruit. Things that might be hard to digest can give them GERD. Some people have also reported that taking 1/2 tsp sodium bicarb 30-45min before a meal fixed their GERD.

For what specifically?

Impaired digestion limits the absorption of nutrients, which can then lower testosterone. Also, if it causes SIBO it can be a problem.

Hernias are also a common symptom of high estrogen or at least a high E to T ratio.

For muscle growth, shoot for 0.6-1g/lbs of BW. If you eat less protein, it will just likely take a little longer to obtain the same amount of muscle.
Hey Hans!

Thanks for taking the time to get back to me.

So which bloodlevels should i check now?
Vitamin D,LH,FSH,Testosterone,SHBG,Östrogen,Prolactine,Cortisol,B Vitamins?
Should i go for more Thyroid Tests?
Anything more? Vitamins,Minerals?

I read about Millet in Dr.Gundrys book.
He claims its one of the best digested carbs.
I also read it works against acidity and i have the feeling i can tolerate it well.

Veggies i eat with dinner.

Thanks for your tips regarding GERD.
I also will order Mastic Chewinggum.
Whats your opinion on Famotidine at night?
Or should i stay away from all acid blocking meds?

Chryslin regarding my testosterone levels. There is less information about it but some people clame its an potent AI which raises your testo production. Can piperine makes it useful absorbable?

Thanks then i will start out with around 0.75g/lbs.

As for the bloodwork i posted. It was from a time where i was heavy drinking.
Is there anything to explain relating my always low thrombozytes.

OP
B
Hi Guys.
I have new bloodwork, which make me a little bit optimistic.
They have not been able to test for B12 at the moment & i forgot to draw for DHEA and SHBG.

After starting to supplement with b vitamins my total T nearly doubled.
The weekend before i draw the blood, i was drinking alcohol, smoking a lot weed & had a lot of masturbation sessions and a fasting window of 16 hrs.
I see a lot of potential to further increase my T, with optimizing D3,Estrogen and Prolactin. (Cut out the weed, reduce the alcohol)

Next steps from my side:
1.Upping D3 supplement dose from 5.000 iu to 10000 iu (Its a combination supp with K2)
2.Stay with the b complex i mentioned in a post before + 250mcg B12
3.Retest D3,b12,folic acid + add B6 to see if i can up the 10mg P6P what are included in my b complex regarding countering prolactin.

Questions:
1.Which additional labs should i get from here on? I had already bad D3,B12 and folic acid levels. I also supplement with 25mg Zinc and 600mg Magnesium. does it make sense do get further micronutrients checked. Vit. A/Vit. E/Selenium/Chopper ----- Anything else to get checked?
2.What would be your next steps? I definitely want to bring the prolactin down, probably its also wise to get E2 down. Then T should further increase or? Also optimizing D3 could be important in further improving T.
3.Is the morning cortisol normal?
4.Further Thyroid levels needed?
5.Do i have to be concerned about the low LH & FSH levels? TRT is now over since February 21
6. Does it make sense to strive for an even higher folic acid level?

Thanks and regards

Attachments

• Neuer-Befund.jpg
    Neuer-Befund.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Hans

Forum Supporter
So which bloodlevels should i check now?
Vitamin D,LH,FSH,Testosterone,SHBG,Östrogen,Prolactine,Cortisol,B Vitamins?
Yes, thyroid panel (TSH, total and free T4 and T3), DHEA, cortisol, prolactin, estrogen, testosterone and a CBC. If estrogen was a problem, then it's important to find out why it was high. Hyperinsulinemia, inflammation and nutritional deficiencies are the most common causes of high estrogen.

Alcohol also definitely messes with your hormones and causes lots of nutritional deficiencies. Weed can cause vascular inflammation and even ED and put you in a hypodopaminergic state.

Anything more? Vitamins,Minerals?
Yes that would also be helpful.
I read about Millet in Dr.Gundrys book.
He claims its one of the best digested carbs.
I also read it works against acidity and i have the feeling i can tolerate it well.
As long as you tolerate it well, then it's good. Zinc carnosine is also great against reflux.

Whats your opinion on Famotidine at night?
Or should i stay away from all acid blocking meds?
It can help with sleep, but I think you need more stomach acid, not less. Digestive enzymes or stomach acid secretion promotors (betaine HCL, pepsin, bitters, Holarrhena, etc.) often also help with reflux.

Chryslin regarding my testosterone levels. There is less information about it but some people clame its an potent AI which raises your testo production. Can piperine makes it useful absorbable?
It's ok but probably not the best. Low zinc, selenium, magnesium, calcium, etc., leads to high aromatase and estrogen. Perhaps try white button mushroom instead as an AI.
1.Which additional labs should i get from here on? I had already bad D3,B12 and folic acid levels. I also supplement with 25mg Zinc and 600mg Magnesium. does it make sense do get further micronutrients checked. Vit. A/Vit. E/Selenium/Chopper ----- Anything else to get checked?
Zinc and iron would also be helpful.
2.What would be your next steps? I definitely want to bring the prolactin down, probably its also wise to get E2 down. Then T should further increase or? Also optimizing D3 could be important in further improving T.
Fixing nutritional deficiencies will make the biggest difference. A good Tribulus is great at lowering prolactin and increasing DHEA and DHT.
3.Is the morning cortisol normal?
It's ok, but you want to look at free cortisol via a salivary cortisol test. Then you can also see your daily rhythm. But wait at least 7 days after drinking before testing again. Preferably even longer.
4.Further Thyroid levels needed?
I think it will be helpful. Thyroid will increase your LH and FSH, thus increasing T. Prolactin and estrogen are often high in a hypothyroid state.
5.Do i have to be concerned about the low LH & FSH levels? TRT is now over since February 21
It's most likely being suppressed by nutritional deficiencies, elevated prolactin and a suboptimal estrogen to T ratio. Probably also due to low T3.
6. Does it make sense to strive for an even higher folic acid level?
That level is good. If B12 is even lower, I'd focus on that. Beef liver is a great source of both folate and B12 and other nutrients that will help to lower your homocysteine.

OP
B
Thanks Hans.

What would you do regarding the high prolactin and estrogen.
Reduce alcohol, stop weed and go for the additional tests in 7 days ( Thyroids, further micronutrients, CBC etc.)
(Is it right that i have to stop the b vitamins before taking thyroid tests? If yes what is the timeframe?)

Or would you take an instant approach to lower this things.
I already take 10mg P-6-P, raising this dosage would probably be doomed in having a too high B6 status or?

I read that you mentioned a good Tribulus.
Is this what you would go for in my situation? Or something else?
If yes what would be the dosage you would start with.

Hans

Forum Supporter
What would you do regarding the high prolactin and estrogen.
Your already taking zinc and B6 which is good. You might need a little higher dose than 10mg. Maybe 50mg for a while until it's where it should be. Estrogen will also go down as your nutrient intake goes up or becomes replenished.
Reduce alcohol, stop weed and go for the additional tests in 7 days ( Thyroids, further micronutrients, CBC etc.)
(Is it right that i have to stop the b vitamins before taking thyroid tests? If yes what is the timeframe?)
Maybe wait 3-4 weeks instead. Things need to settle down first. You don't have to stop the B's since you'll be taking them long term. Biotin can artificially lower TSH, but that doesn't matter much when we also look at total and free T4 and T3.
I read that you mentioned a good Tribulus.
Is this what you would go for in my situation? Or something else?
If yes what would be the dosage you would start with.
Yes Tribulus can be very helpful. 250mg x3 daily of Tribestan.

OP
B
Thank you Hans!

Is there anything to say about my lithium levels?
Is it low for people who dont supplement it?

Hans

Forum Supporter
Thank you Hans!

Is there anything to say about my lithium levels?
Is it low for people who dont supplement it?
Typically yes, but it also depends on the amount in the soil and drinking water.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom