Low Serotonin = Lack Of Sexual Discrimination?

opethfeldt

I'm definitely less selective about my partner with low serotonin. When it's high, I feel the need to disqualify women based on a bunch of different criteria, which seems to be similar to how women choose partners. When my serotonin is low, I'm way more open to girls I wouldn't usually be interested in, not just looks wise but also in terms of political leanings and such. I just feel so much more accepting, understanding and open. Safe to say, I think you're likely to find happiness with a partner much more when you have low serotonin rather than high. We should never have these hard and fast rules when it comes to dating becuase you might be passing on someone you could have had a great connection with solely because they didn't meet your closed minded criteria.

TheSir

I naturally have higher cortisol and serotonin. When cortisol + serotonin is too high I become extremely picky in women to the point it affects my life negatively. Especially in modern society. Sex drive is there but much lower. Less focussed on enjoyment. More focussed on the act of pushing my genetics along (want for children is higher).
At face value, this was opposite to what I was expecting, which got me thinking:

On the one hand, you'd expect that in the stressed state the body would be willing to breed with any woman it can get its hands to due to the stress signaling a threat to survival; whereas in a non-stressed state the body could afford to be more deliberate and picky about with whom to copulate

On the other hand, a non-stressed low-serotonin state you could expect to be able to appreciate a wider range of individuals, even those with qualities outside your core preferences.

What do you think? My own experience is a bit mixed in regards to your observations: for example, when I've been abstaining for longer periods of time, I start to demonstrate stricter criteria for the quality of a mate even when otherwise I would be in a metabolically thriving state of being. In this case though, the criteria also become less sexualized, encompassing more than just the physical quality of the woman -- or, perhaps it's the other way around: the sexualization begins to extend beyond the mere physical.

lampofred

How do we distinguish the symptoms of high estrogen from the symptoms of high serotonin?

It's hard to distinguish the two. I think you just have to go with intuition and maybe pulse rate/body temperature (but I think even pulse/temp can be misleading in some circumstances). Low serotonin and high estrogen appear to have similar symptoms externally but generally low serotonin is accompanied with high pulse/temp whereas high estrogen is accompanied with low pulse/temp. Plus actions caused by low serotonin have good consequences afterwards whereas actions caused by high estrogen have bad consequences. Low serotonin is a fun kind of wildness where you feel good afterwards whereas high estrogen is a crazy kind of wildness where you regret your actions and ask yourself later "what the hell did I do".

I think high serotonin and high GABA are often similarly confused, high serotonin is an apathetic kind of calmness, whereas GABA is an emotionally stable type of calmness, and generally the former is associated with low pulse/temp and the latter is associated with high pulse/temp (but again I think it's best to rely on intuition because even pulse/temp can be misleading sometimes). I think a high calcium to phosphate ratio is one of the best ways to improve intuition and keep serotonin/estrogen low and dopamine/GABA high.

lampofred

How would this relate to serotonin syndrome (toxicity) being typically accompanied with abnormally high pulse and temp?

That's why I think even pulse/temp can be misleading in some circumstances. What distinguishes the heat from serotonin syndrome vs the heat from good thyroid is that former doesn't produce CO2 (I think due to excess fat oxidation). That's why it's best to rely on intuition, high heat low CO2 feels agitating whereas high heat high CO2 feels euphoric.

Nomane Euger

That's why I think even pulse/temp can be misleading in some circumstances. What distinguishes the heat from serotonin syndrome vs the heat from good thyroid is that former doesn't produce CO2 (I think due to excess fat oxidation). That's why it's best to rely on intuition, high heat low CO2 feels agitating whereas high heat high CO2 feels euphoric.
hi lampo,did you clearly experienced a state of high heat high C02 euphoria?if yes how often?i have with out a doubt reached a very high degree of this feeling but only a copples of times after i ate a bunch of semi-blood oranges that were low on purple pigments so were still oranges.

Last edited:

DonLore

At face value, this was opposite to what I was expecting, which got me thinking:

On the one hand, you'd expect that in the stressed state the body would be willing to breed with any woman it can get its hands to due to the stress signaling a threat to survival; whereas in a non-stressed state the body could afford to be more deliberate and picky about with whom to copulate

On the other hand, a non-stressed low-serotonin state you could expect to be able to appreciate a wider range of individuals, even those with qualities outside your core preferences.

What do you think? My own experience is a bit mixed in regards to your observations: for example, when I've been abstaining for longer periods of time, I start to demonstrate stricter criteria for the quality of a mate even when otherwise I would be in a metabolically thriving state of being. In this case though, the criteria also become less sexualized, encompassing more than just the physical quality of the woman -- or, perhaps it's the other way around: the sexualization begins to extend beyond the mere physical.
The way I see it; when you have high metabolism and energy, you have resources to ejaculate often so it doesnt matter who you have sex with. When your body realizes it is under stress and maybe has only one last chance to have sex, it tries to save it to best partner so the chances of reprpoduction are higher.
For me, when my dopamine is high, I can enjoy sex and sexuality easier but when my serotonin is high, I seem to need much more extreme stimulation and am more picky. With high serotonin there is no pleasure

Jerkboy

The way I see it; when you have high metabolism and energy, you have resources to ejaculate often so it doesnt matter who you have sex with. When your body realizes it is under stress and maybe has only one last chance to have sex, it tries to save it to best partner so the chances of reprpoduction are higher.
For me, when my dopamine is high, I can enjoy sex and sexuality easier but when my serotonin is high, I seem to need much more extreme stimulation and am more picky. With high serotonin there is no pleasure

Yes I think this so as well. @TheSir

Both makes sense though what TheSir says too: you want to spread your seed as quickly and as much as possible in stressful times. This is why people in famine environments get so many children - hoping 1 survives. High estrogen also stimulates this sexual appetite. Which often correlates with higher cortisol and serotonin.

And I got to say @TheSir I have also experienced more pickiness when my dopamine is higher (vs. serotonin). Especially on NoFap.

It is an interesting topic for sure.

PaRa

How would this relate to serotonin syndrome (toxicity) being typically accompanied with abnormally high pulse and temp?
high serotonin mean you run on adrenaline
low serotonin = higher histamine and thyroid

lampofred

hi lampo,did you clearly experienced a state of high heat high C02 euphoria?if yes how often?i have with out a doubt reached a very high degree of this feeling but only a copples of times after i ate a bunch of semi-blood oranges that were low on purple pigments so were still oranges.

I did a few years ago but the euphoria has been less ever since COVID started. I don't know if its because I've developed nutrient deficiencies over time or if it's more because of the deteriorating outside environment in general.

Nomane Euger

I did a few years ago but the euphoria has been less ever since COVID started. I don't know if its because I've developed nutrient deficiencies over time or if it's more because of the deteriorating outside environment in general.
Do you think such state can be experienced with out fruits?this real physical feeling of intense well being

lampofred

Do you think such state can be experienced with out fruits?this real physical feeling of intense well being

I'm sure it's possible but I think eating fruits instead of starch makes it easier

Nomane Euger

I'm sure it's possible but I think eating fruits instead of starch makes it easier
have you personally experience such a state when you felt a deep feeling of well being with in your cells,absolutly different from the neutral state,with out fruits?

JamesGatz

This is an interesting concept -

I notice that when I am low serotonin - My standards are very low when it comes to women - I will even think about humping big/obese women (Usually I do not think of doing such things) - I think about smashing any woman that approaches me and even hit on women myself - I like big girls especially when Im low serotonin - drives me crazy - homosexuals approach me a lot when I am in this state - which never happens when I am medium serotonin or high serotonin - it's some really odd stuff I always have to prepared to defend myself from these c*nts when I am low serotonin

When I am medium or high serotonin

I have very high standards for the women I have relations with and am more likely to not be interested in having relations with a woman who is overweight or too dumb and things of this nature

It's a fascinating concept

Back
Top Bottom