Low Serotonin Is The Key To The Law Of Attraction

LUH 3417

I have something for you in bold at the end, if you're interested and don't want to read all this skip to that. It's the same process I would use on myself and I am going to be doing it after I write it up for you. It helps me as much as it has helped other people I've done it with, and I hope it can be of some use to you. If not then that's okay to, not everyone wants to try it.

I've obsessed for years about 4 teeth I had extracted, my wisdom teeth. I have before and after pictures several years apart: before removal and after removal, and I am 100% convinced I looked much more masculine prior to my wisdom tooth removal. I can get the desexualizing thing completely. I think being seen as a man/woman is very important for our identities and any assaults against our manhood/womanhood are taken very seriously and can take a real toll on the psyche. I'm really sorry you had those teeth extracted and I can empathize with the pain it's caused you.

I read a lot about Dr. Mew's work, and devices like the Homeoblock. It all gets very expensive, and as far as what you can do at home, the only thing I'm aware of is tongue posture (suck your tongue into the back of your mouth, then let it rest on the roof of your mouth, tip of the tongue slightly behind the front teeth) -- with enough work it should re-enable nasal breathing with the mouth closed, and over time can remodel facial structure.

I don't trust any doctors really. There are people who practice "orthotropics," and in your case, if you have the money and the time to do the research and find a genuine person who wants to help, it may be worth looking into. There are orthotropic devices similar to orthodontics but aimed at expanding the palate, widening the airways, promoting nasal breathing with a closed mouth, etc.

For me, I feel like the wisdom tooth extractions, which I did not need, ruined my face, and I get extremely depressed and upset about it if I think too much on it. But as I was saying earlier, the acceptance thing is huge. I did have the good experience of having a girlfriend and we completely loved and accepted each other and were very aroused by each other.

It's funny how while the damage is "real," it can feel much less significant if you really get it lodged in your head that someone finds you extremely attractive/arousing, and you feel really feminine/masculine.

I've gone back and forth on having work done and I don't think I'll ever do it. It's too expensive for me, and even with free things like foreskin "restoration," I just gave up after a while. I did do it enough to get the benefit of having enough slack skin so erections are not uncomfortable anymore, which was huge for me, but I stopped there. They make other things you can use over time to help de-keratinize the glans and make it more sensitive, but I don't want to go the rest of my life effectively wearing a condom every day. I've just accepted that I was circumcised and I have what I have.

My last relationship felt so validating, it really helped me with these body image issues. My ex also had severe body dysmorphic disorder, and while I thought she was absolutely beautiful, and I loved having sex with her and found her really hot, no matter how much I told her this she would always fall back to thinking she was ugly, unattractive, and occasionally that would affect the sex we would have, with her feeling uncomfortable and not being able to let go and enjoy anything because she thought her facial expressions were ugly, or she looked stupid, etc.

Validation can go a very long way. And trust me, I get it: I've lost a lot of sleep over my facial changes post-tooth extraction, as well as having been circumcised. The depression over them has come and gone so many times.

But despite my face having changed and my circumcision, when I've experienced really great sex in the context of being in a relationship with someone I love, everything felt so much better.

We all crave validation, but for me, it only really helped when I was in a relationship with my last (and only) girlfriend. My body image issues aren't as bad as hers but a lot of times I'd be very hard on myself for how I looked. Having reassurance and love/acceptance made every bit of difference in the world.

So for you: if you imagine your teeth having been extracted, and the pain you feel over it, how do you know it's there? Where do you feel it in your body? How intense is it, on a scale of 1 to 10? Notice this. Feel the pain and recognize how you feel it. A tightness in your chest maybe, a sinking feeling in your stomach, your heart, wherever. Notice any images that come into your mind. Sounds. Something someone said, something you're saying to yourself. Sit back and see what comes to your mind.

Got it? Okay. Now I want you to answer this question: what happens when you're holding a bunch of helium balloons and let them go? That's right: they float away. I want you to tap between your eyes now and repeat after me as you tap:

It's safe for me to let it go. All this pain, all this sadness, whatever it means, wherever it comes from, it's okay to let it go. I've been holding onto this for a very long time. I'm really familiar with it, like it's an old friend. And a part of me might even be scared to let it go. But I'm okay. I'm still me. I'm here right now, and it's okay to let it go.

Tap the side of the head: I'm okay as I let it go. Let it go. It's safe to let it go.

Tap below the eye: Let it go. Let it go.

Tap the collar bone: I'm okay as I let it go. It's safe for me to just let it all go.

Now grab your wrist, take a deep breath, and say "Peace."

Just close your eyes and relax. Now go back and think about what was bothering you: how much is it affecting you, on a scale of 1 to 10? Is it more than before? Less? How do you know? What are you feeling in your body, what are you seeing in your mind? Notice it, and repeat the tapping process.

Once you've done this for a while and the emotional intensity is lowered, I want you to imagine a time you felt completely loved and accepted, beautiful, feminine, sexy, alive -- anything you imagine to feel good, any self-image memory that makes you feel good about yourself.

Does it feel good? Or do you notice something coming in and making the good memory feel bad? If you notice something coming in and making you feel bad, repeat the process: how do you know? What is it you're feeling, and seeing in your mind? Do the tapping process all over again on these things, all the bits and pieces, Keep repeating until you the emotional intensity is lowered, and then think about a really positive experience you've had that made you feel good about yourself. Eventually you will be able to think back on these good memories, or even fantasies, and simply relax in them and enjoy them. As you think about these things that make you feel good, and before you open your eyes, grab your wrist, take a deep breath, blow it out, and say "Peace."

There are many videos on this, but that's one of the simplest and one of my favorites.

You have my empathy and sympathy. I sincerely hope you feel better. I will be working on myself as well to do my best to feel better. Thanks for sharing your experience, and please know you're not alone in this.

Thank you, this is really helpful and it does feel like an immediate weight has been lifted. I really appreciate you taking the time to share this.
I believe sex to be an expression of the most intimate and unconscious parts of ourselves and it has the potential to heal or hurt us depending on the dynamic. I notice that when I start to obsess about my teeth, or other events related to periods of my life when I was an actual helpless victim, a child subjected to the whims of adults and their decisions, I am usually not being real with myself about the ways I am being helpless right now. It’s like a safe haven, to allow myself to direct my negative feelings towards what happened in the past, rather than dealing with the objective now and how I am allowing myself to be a child in an adults body. It’s dangerous, but the difference is now I have the ability to protect myself, and the responsibility is on ME.

Jib

Thank you, this is really helpful and it does feel like an immediate weight has been lifted. I really appreciate you taking the time to share this.
I believe sex to be an expression of the most intimate and unconscious parts of ourselves and it has the potential to heal or hurt us depending on the dynamic. I notice that when I start to obsess about my teeth, or other events related to periods of my life when I was an actual helpless victim, a child subjected to the whims of adults and their decisions, I am usually not being real with myself about the ways I am being helpless right now. It’s like a safe haven, to allow myself to direct my negative feelings towards what happened in the past, rather than dealing with the objective now and how I am allowing myself to be a child in an adults body. It’s dangerous, but the difference is now I have the ability to protect myself, and the responsibility is on ME.

One visualization that helps too is the inner child. Imagining looking at yourself as a child from where you are now, and talking to yourself. It makes me uncomfortable to type it, but you can imagine yourself giving your younger self a hug. The visualization can be very powerful and healing.

I'm convinced a major issue is a lot of us are carrying around childhood trauma, and when we're children, we truly are helpless victims. We just take in whatever is around us in our environment, for better or for worse. Taking responsibility can feel difficult because it may feel like we're invalidating that inner child, that really WAS a helpless victim.

That's why I think it's important to validate everything. IMO the Faster EFT process incorporates validation as a part of the process, as the goal is to fully feel and fully look at and hear everything that's bothering you. Nothing more validating.

Sex. Ah. My last (and first) relationship ended some months ago, and only recently am I just barely starting to come out of the deep depression I fell into. I didn't want it to end but it was an unsustainable relationship. I got as close to her as I imagine it's possible for anyone to get close to a human being. It was just insane. Absolutely insane in both a great way and a horrible way.

I am not sure how I'm ever going to integrate sex back into my life ever again after that. And that's a tough one. I do think attachment issues come into play when you're talking about people having serious issues getting over certain relationships. I was just left devastated and the idea of ever being in a long term relationship with another girl is pretty much unimaginable to me at this point.

I like flirting and knowing girls are sexually interested in me, but when push comes to shove, I hit the panic button. Something in me got messed up after that relationship and the idea of actually having sex with someone else just causes me massive amounts of anxiety and panic.

So I could use some tapping on myself ;) I'll have to address it sooner or later. It's the same as any other problem: the bad emotions are trying to keep you safe. I went through a lot of pain in that relationship so the panic about sex makes perfect sense. It's trying to protect me from experiencing that pain again. I'll have to decide for myself whether to listen to it or not.

But I agree. It can be healing or damaging depending on the context. I think it's damaging when you know the person is not a good match for you, you don't even really like them that much, and are just using sex as an escape. When you really feel a genuine connection with someone it's completely different. I don't want to get too fantastical, but I feel like chemistry is pretty apparent early on.

I play guitar and it's the same thing with bands. There are drummers and bassists that you just click with. No one knows why, but you know it right away. Then there are other people where it's just not a good match, and it can be OK, but it's nothing compared to good chemistry.

I'm gettin' wildly off topic here, so back on track: LOA.

We do have to be careful of what we're thinking and the stories we're telling ourselves. If I continue to tell myself I'm never going to love anyone again, and start FEELING that within myself, you can guess the reality I'm creating for myself.

Exercising conscious control over our emotional and belief state whenever we can is very important. "Be careful what you wish for" definitely applies here. The tapping is a great tool to break through the layers of negative emotions and unhelpful beliefs and I will definitely be using this on myself again to clean up my mind and emotions.

aussiebaldguy

I’ve been experimenting with very high doses of cyproheptadine, 32mg a day and there is something very psychedelic about it in terms of synchronicity and awareness. Birds and butterflies keep flying very close to me in crowded urban environments.
That is interesting

Inaut

That is interesting

I had a similar synchronicity happen to me. A dog being walked by his/her owner passed me, then circled back and curled up at my feet while I waited for local transportation. Owner asked if I owned a dog because he was curious if it could smell a fellow canine on me. I don’t sadly :(

Anyways I took it as a good sign. Attributed to the dope/good vibes.

Around this time I saw a flock of swans fly above my head. Very odd considering I live in a large metropolitan city. Sorry for digressing but some of your comments (all) in this thread are very relatable

Jib

I forgot to ask: is this cyproheptadine similar to doxylamine? I always have been a little confused about the differences in different types of antihistamines.

ilikecats

@pinacolada Would you mind going into a little more detail on your cypro usage/experiences? Have you experienced any negative side effect at that high of dosage? What does it feel like?

LUH 3417

@pinacolada Would you mind going into a little more detail on your cypro usage/experiences? Have you experienced any negative side effect at that high of dosage? What does it feel like?
I have symptoms of hypoglycemia that may be heightened taking cypro. I notice my hands shake and the shaking goes away with soda or juice. I am experiencing a lot of life stress currently (trying to pass a board exam I failed 3x, moving, finances) and days 14-28 of my menstrual cycle are the worst. I started taking 32mg at day 14 and am continuing until I feel like I can manage my life situation without it.

I have little - no moodiness, crying spells or feeling sorry for myself. I have been able to call things how I see them and speak up for myself in my intimate relationships. I feel like I have had periods of my life when I was like this without taking any drug supplement or hormone but I lost myself and it’s a process of relearning and redoing.

Little to no ruminating about things before I do them. I just do the things I need to get done. I was an altruistic person most of my life, but not from a place of giving. I would do things for people and expect their loyalty in return, and when I didn’t get it, I’d be afraid to communicate my needs and instead would abandon the friendship and move forward. You know people who are always in a crisis because people are always taking advantage of them and they will do anything for anybody? That was me. Realizing how faulty my way of being was.

Do you have any specific questions? Before taking high dose cypro I took a 10 day course on minocycline. My BMs are more regular and I don’t need to use cascara to have a BM but I do do the carrot salad most days. I have been constipated and depressed since I was 14. Not an issue currently.

The law of attraction thing has been pretty interesting, I’ve been having conversations with random people on the street who walk up to me and overall feel like everything is going to be OKAY. Notice men looking at me a lot more. Yesterday I was walking to the train and a butterfly flew next to me. Usually they buzz around seemingly confused, this one was following me side by side for half a block.

I feel like cypro has given me insight into the reality of my life circumstances and the mental strength to deal with that reality rather than try to run somewhere or give up on myself. Most of my insights have to do with personal boundaries and standards for how I want my life to be and how I want to be treated by people i let close to me. Never had that consistently in my life and not saying it is going to happen immediately, but I have clarity. I feel like I can think of the words that I want to use in a conversation, I am articulate when I need to be. I’m not trying to be vague but really was a helpless person who played victim and lived a life where people were always doing things to me. I dont feel that way today.

ilikecats

@pinacolada thanks for the info. Very cool! I just started using cypro yesterday actually. Good luck with your journey, it sounds like you’re on a good path.

Jib

I was pretty lax with PUFA but I've talked a bit to Cirion here and am gonna get back on the PUFA-free train, full steam ahead.

Ironically, I think it's easy for us to not realize how bad habits are affecting us when we're in a low vibratory state. Everything seems off, and you just think "f*** it" and may start doing more and more things that hurt your health and cause an even worse downward spiral, without even being conscious of it.

Been having a conversation with a friend lately about stuff like this. Very much a chicken or the egg question. I'm more inclined to believe that positive thoughts/feelings are a result of healthy biology, and struggling to have positive thoughts/feelings while in poor health is an uphill battle. Not that it can't be done. But life is much easier in general when your body is working well.

So perhaps without intending it Ray has been one of the biggest proponents of LOA out there, lol. Ramping up energy production and mitigating the stress response is probably the best way to feel/think good without consciously trying.

ilikecats

@pinacolada Will do after I've given it some time. The first couple of days I might have took 5 mg total. I liked the effects at first (first dose 1 mg) but then I think I took to much and it didn't feel so good. I will try it again soon starting at .5mg

LeeLemonoil

In naked mole rats - societies only the queen and some selected males are able to mate. In transition phases when one new queen substitutes the older chaos among males emerges. Endocrine-wise during the chaos phase prolactin in males is much lower than when a new reproduction-order is established. In the then mating-forbidden males, prolactin rises.

Changes in prolactin, cortisol and testosterone concentrations during queen succession in a colony of naked mole-rats (Heterocephalus glaber): a case... - PubMed - NCBI

GreekDemiGod

Lol, nah honestly, I think there's some truth to the "LoA" but the thing that most of the "motivational" speakers who advocate it love to omit is the action part of it. If you set your mind on something, yeah you can achieve it, but not by sitting around and waiting for the universe to hand it to you on a platter
That is really a very superficial opinion. Don't go learning about LoA from Youtube videos. Read authors like Joseph Murphy, Neville Goddard.

OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

I'm amazed this thead is still going

Anyway, I am going to experiment with lowering serotonin by using antibiotics.

All the serotonin in the body is created by the intestine and gut bacteria which create lactic acid/histamine/serotonin. So why not destroy it at the source ?

You have "gut instinct". Your "gut" is just the bacteria.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals