Low Seratonin/(nor)epinephrine/GABA, High Dopamine

Nick21

Hi, I did a wellnicity urine test to evaluate *potentially* where the neurotransmitters lie. The results implied low seratonin, low norepinephrine, low epinephrine, low GABA, and high dopamine. What is the viability of such urine tests, and what herb/supplement/drug protocol would someone suggest to address the findings?

OP
N

Nick21

Only one of those is an issue. You could test GABA supplements, and if they work look into F*ck Portion Control, it has a chapter on GABA therapy

Hi, thank you for that website, and I will check it out. If those measurements are not bad, then I guess the (never ending) mystery continues as to why I feel so unwell.

OP
N

Nick21

"low norepinephrine, low epinephrine"

This could make you feel bad, but it is downstream from a bigger problem. Just keep trying stuff.

Could you recommend anything that could elevate norepinephrine?

Alpha

Urine tests are not good indicators of neurotransmitter levels, particularly in the brain. What symptoms do you have?

fradon

Hi, I did a wellnicity urine test to evaluate *potentially* where the neurotransmitters lie. The results implied low seratonin, low norepinephrine, low epinephrine, low GABA, and high dopamine. What is the viability of such urine tests, and what herb/supplement/drug protocol would someone suggest to address the findings?

some folate rich foods could possible bring down the dopamine as folate is used for some poeple with schizophrenia/high mehtylation.

high dopamine/mehtylation can also be a sign of high copper... so some copper chelation wtih vitamin C, zinc, sweating, manganize and molydenum also antagonize copper. high fructose conrsyrup is said to raise iron but lower copper.

having a lot of sex or fapping could also raise prolactin and lower dopamine which would help raise those other transmitters.

you must be wired from what it looks like you might have problems sleeping and concentrating on things and might even lack drive to do things though you may want to do them. if that is case then raise all the dopamine antoginist is going to help and that is prolactin, serotonin.

you would also want to avoid stimulants that are going to increase dopamine even more.

OP
N

Nick21

Folks, I am just at a total loss. Spent a large amount on tests and supplement s recently and got nowhere. My 2nd try with GABA, theanine, 5htp, rhodiola, and even l-dopa appears to be going nowhere. Back to the drawing board.

Alpha

Folks, I am just at a total loss. Spent a large amount on tests and supplement s recently and got nowhere. My 2nd try with GABA, theanine, 5htp, rhodiola, and even l-dopa appears to be going nowhere. Back to the drawing board.

Do you have your SNP data? What COMT variant are you?

OP
N

Nick21

Do you have your SNP data? What COMT variant are you?

Hi Contact, I posted my information from Genetic Genie (23andme data) below, although I've been unable to infer and subsequently address my situation positively using the information. I thought the MAO problem was a 'it', but my attempts with progesterone and indian snakeroot failed.

COMT V158M rs4680 AG +/-
COMT H62H rs4633 CT +/-
COMT P199P rs769224 GG -/-
VDR Bsm rs1544410 CT +/-
VDR Taq rs731236 AG +/-
MAO A R297R rs6323 T +/+
ACAT1-02 rs3741049 GG -/-
MTHFR C677T rs1801133 GG -/-
MTHFR 03 P39P rs2066470 GG -/-
MTHFR A1298C rs1801131 GT +/-
MTR A2756G rs1805087 AG +/-
MTRR A66G rs1801394 AG +/-
MTRR H595Y rs10380 CC -/-
MTRR K350A rs162036 AA -/-
MTRR R415T not found n/a not genotyped
MTRR A664A rs1802059 GG -/-
BHMT-02 rs567754 CC -/-
BHMT-04 not found n/a not genotyped
BHMT-08 rs651852 CT +/-
AHCY-01 rs819147 TT -/-
AHCY-02 not found n/a not genotyped
AHCY-19 rs819171 CT +/-
CBS C699T rs234706 AG +/-
CBS A360A rs1801181 AG +/-
CBS N212N not found n/a not genotyped
SHMT1 C1420T not found n/a not genotyped

Alpha

Seems like only MAO has a significant variant, there is no apparent reason why you're testing low for the metabolites.

OP
N

Nick21

Seems like only MAO has a significant variant, there is no apparent reason why you're testing low for the metabolites.
Alpha, thank you for taking the time to look. I for sure thought the MAO issue was to blame, but yet another dead end.

ddjd

Only one of those is an issue. You could test GABA supplements, and if they work look into F*ck Portion Control, it has a chapter on GABA therapy
the thing is GABA and Dopamine have a see saw effect, as one goes up, the other comes down

Kdr52

"low norepinephrine, low epinephrine"

This could make you feel bad, but it is downstream from a bigger problem. Just keep trying stuff.
What kind of bigger problem? I also have both low norepinephrine and epinephrine levels on urine test. Tks.

Frankdee20

I don’t think urine tests can give an accurate depiction of brain levels. Maybe SPECT and FMRI or QEEG can give a better depictio.

Hugh Johnson

What kind of bigger problem? I also have both low norepinephrine and epinephrine levels on urine test. Tks.
Looking into thyroid, pulse, body temp and breathing rate (co2) would be where I would start. A history of chronic stress that needs healing from. Dunno, I would just start to fix the first issue I could, then another etc.

Kdr52

Looking into thyroid, pulse, body temp and breathing rate (co2) would be where I would start. A history of chronic stress that needs healing from. Dunno, I would just start to fix the first issue I could, then another etc.
Tks man