Low Pyruvate Level ?

I had a test result where it indicates low pyruvate and normal lactate.

Does this mean that glycolysis has defects and therefore in the cytosol? sympthom is same CFS.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Quite possibly. There are 10 steps in glycolysis, so find out where the hiccup is could be tricky. It could be that ROS is inhibiting some of the glycolytic enzymes or it could even be a nutritional deficiency.

OP
Highserotonin90
Quite possibly. There are 10 steps in glycolysis, so find out where the hiccup is could be tricky. It could be that ROS is inhibiting some of the glycolytic enzymes or it could even be a nutritional deficiency.

@Hans

I have had a "cell hunger" since I was very young and still have no solution.

The only thing that helps is vitamin E because it probably can penetrate very deeply.

High sugar and low fat diet too.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Do you also have red blood cell disorders?

OP
Highserotonin90
Do you also have red blood cell disorders?

@Hans
My blood count is regular but after the ataxia in 2014 where I lost 12kg of lean muscle tissue I never recovered ... my body continues to draw energy from amino acids and muscles.

Vitamin E really seems to get to the cytoplasm ... while VITAMIN D inhibits glycolysis and that's not what I want to do at the moment ... (B1 does too).

If glycolysis restarts on a regular basis, I will be able to think later whether to favor Krebs and OXPHOS.

OP
Highserotonin90
@Hans Any other suggestions? : ((

OP
Highserotonin90
Have you tried pyruvate? I know it's just a patch, but have you?

Yes, I try today 500mg but have only calcium pyruvate and work! Positive

OP
Highserotonin90
Sweet, have you tried higher doses as well? If so, how did you feel vs the smaller dose?

@Hans

Hi! today I will try a dose for lunch and a dose for dinner. (1gr in total).

I will definitely let you know ... I would like to try the Haidut version but above all I would like to understand why I don't produce pyruvate in the normal way like all human beings.

:(

OP
Highserotonin90
@haidut If you read this thread I'd love to know what you think, thanks. : rolleyes:

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals