Low Grade Coffee, Yes Or No?

boris

Seems like the off taste is due to mycotoxins. I would avoid it.

OP
A

Astolfo

Seems like the off taste is due to mycotoxins. I would avoid it.

Is there any easy way to check how bad quality of the coffee is? plain instant coffee is always very bitter and I don't know how to understand if it contaminates mycotoxins.

Also, I guess instant is better than turkish coffee. I remember reading about arabica beans contain lower amount of caffeine thus more suspectible to mold and toxins. Most instant coffees are Robusta, right?

boris

Is there no possibility to get other coffee? Maybe online. I don't know much about the different varieties, I know Peat talked about certain drying practices makes the coffee more prone to fungal contamination.

Instant coffee is good for magnesium and caffeine, but I suspect that many beneficial active ingredients are missing from it. A well extracted freshly brewed filter coffee, espresso or turkish coffee gives me a very strong feeling of wellbeing and warmth, I don't get that same effect from instant coffee, not even expensive ones. I think the only downside of turkish coffee is the coffee grains, but you could filter them out or let it settle well before drinking and throw the last sips out.

OP
A

Astolfo

Is there no possibility to get other coffee? Maybe online. I don't know much about the different varieties, I know Peat talked about certain drying practices makes the coffee more prone to fungal contamination.

Unfortunately. Living in one of the 3rd world countries, also coming from a poor family. I have not much to pay for coffee. Either instant (which I don't know where does its beans come from) or Rio minas sourced Turkish coffee.

A well extracted freshly brewed filter coffee, espresso or turkish coffee gives me a very strong feeling of wellbeing and warmth, I don't get that same effect from instant coffee, not even expensive ones.

I can agree. I get same effects from Turkish coffee. But it is (Idk about espresso) because its lipid content rather than nutritions?

Filtered Vs Un-filtered Coffee And Cholesterol

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals