Low Ferritin Symptoms?

Milan555

Does anyone have experience with low ferritin or low copper symptoms? Please tell your experience and how you fixed it, and what changes you felt after fixing it.

I'm trying to see if my symptoms match because my bloodwork shows my ferritin is around 20-35 (on the borderline low end of range)
Thanks!

RWilly

I have lower ferritin than you. It's 9. :)

I do feel good in general. I'm also working to increase copper, as it does take copper to move iron.

tankasnowgod

Does anyone have experience with low ferritin or low copper symptoms? Please tell your experience and how you fixed it, and what changes you felt after fixing it.

I'm trying to see if my symptoms match because my bloodwork shows my ferritin is around 20-35 (on the borderline low end of range)
Thanks!

I've had my ferritin test as low as 18, and I felt fantastic at that level. Same thing when it tested at 28. Far better than when I had really high iron. The main reason the numbers were that low is that I donate a lot of blood, and iron seems to accumulate for me. So, take that into consideration.

I don't know if ferritin that low is really a problem (it may be for some people), but I have had great hemoglobin numbers the entire time, which I think is more important. I didn't notice any anemia type issues at that level.

RWilly

I've had my ferritin test as low as 18, and I felt fantastic at that level. Same thing when it tested at 28. Far better than when I had really high iron. The main reason the numbers were that low is that I donate a lot of blood, and iron seems to accumulate for me. So, take that into consideration.

I don't know if ferritin that low is really a problem (it may be for some people), but I have had great hemoglobin numbers the entire time, which I think is more important. I didn't notice any anemia type issues at that level.

I'm a regular blood donor too, and my hemoglobin numbers are fine also.

Jem Oz

I had a random unexplained anemia a year ago (defined by sudden drop in hemoglobin) with low iron and low ferritin. Since then, my hemoglobin has returned to normal (multiple blood tests), and my iron and ferritin have remained on the very low end of 'normal'. I have felt perfectly fine, had no energy issues.

What are your symptoms?

golder

Will increasing copper intake also increase low ferritin? Just realised I'm below the lower reference range for ferritin and looking for ways to improve it. Thanks :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals