Low Fat Vs Saturated Fat To Reduce PUFA Stored In Tissue: What Is The Best Strategy?

Jsaute21

I am a bit confused by the constant back and forth regarding PUFA depletion techniques (no fat) versus adequate saturated fat in ones diet. I understand self experimentation is the best way but am eager to hear some feedback from those who feel one is superior.

X3CyO

Scientifically its the same.
Both increase saturated fat.

If you want the benefits of both, id just use a little coconut oil as it stimulates thyroid, and is beneficial for the gut.

Either way, too much fat will slow down circulation. Too little can throw the body into an extremely hypermetabolic state over time and would require a lot of extra calories and nutrients.

Its unnecissary to completely get rid of fat, and might lead to damage due to all that stored pufa flooding the body so quickly.

Just following peat guidlines will deplete pufa overtime in a effecient manner.

It takes time to get used to a hyper metabolism and is better to build up to it instead of opening the floodgates all at once.

Of course, if you want to though, haidut has a nice post regarding the no fat diet getting rid of pufa rapidly.

I prefer the idea of muscle over time passively burning off the bad fat.

OP
J

Jsaute21

Thanks @X3CyO. Great reply. What would you categorize as too much fat? I am anywhere from 80-110g a day most likely. The majority of that is saturated.

paymanz

I agree that high fat diet can slow down circulation, but what is the mechanism?

--------

Also very low fat diet increasing calorie requirement seems to be correct, we need some fat after all so we have to make them from carbs and that process needs some energy as well.that's explanation comes to my mind for that.

Last edited:

schultz

Animals given hydrogenated coconut oil experience greater effects from EFAD. I believe adding in HCO accelerates the process as it has zero PUFA itself and also helps to displace in the body PUFA.

One study I saw gave the animals around 25% of their diet as HCO. For a 2,000 calorie diet, this would be around 4 TBSP's of HCO, and it was the only fat the animals got. Essentially a zero PUFA diet with a lot of sat. fat. Not only did they eat more calories than the other groups, including the no-fat diet, they also lost the most weight. I don't remember the details exactly though.

DaveFoster

Saturated fat. Low-fat (as in >60 g) is not good for most people. If you want to do zero fat for a couple weeks to rapidly deplete PUFA, and then repeat this every month, then that's one strategy.

paymanz

Animals given hydrogenated coconut oil experience greater effects from EFAD. I believe adding in HCO accelerates the process as it has zero PUFA itself and also helps to displace in the body PUFA.

One study I saw gave the animals around 25% of their diet as HCO. For a 2,000 calorie diet, this would be around 4 TBSP's of HCO, and it was the only fat the animals got. Essentially a zero PUFA diet with a lot of sat. fat. Not only did they eat more calories than the other groups, including the no-fat diet, they also lost the most weight. I don't remember the details exactly though.
That is interesting ,adding some SFA to a fat free diet can even increase metabolism more!

If the mechanism is displacing PUFA ,which seems to be a correct logic, then probably after the body reaches to lowest level of PUFA I except after that there is no difference between fat free and fat free+SFA.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals