LOW-FAT FAT RECIPES for CANCER & More

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Breast cancer is the leading cause of cancer-related deaths among women worldwide. Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis L.) extract possesses antitumor properties against breast cancer cells, including those that are ER+, ER-, and HER2+. Rosemary extract significantly enhances the effect of chemotherapy (tamoxifen, trastuzumab, and paclitaxel). The active constituents in rosemary are carnosic acid, ursolic acid and rosemarinic acid. Carnosic acid works synergistically with curcumin to help inactivate breast cancer cells.

When the diet of mice contained 2% rosemary, the liver’s conversion of estradiol and estrone to the safe 2-hydroxyestrone was increased by 150%, and the potential harmful 16alpha-hydroxylation of estradiol was inhibited by approximately 50%. Thus rosemary may help to regulate estrogen metabolism in a safe way.“

LadyRae

I thought so too! This video makes me glad I planted carrots this year!
We just planted carrots last week! My 17 year old daughter has really been getting into gardening and it's nice to share the workload.

She has also experienced firsthand the skin clearing benefits of carrots, and she notices that she gets menstrual cramps at the beginning of her period if she isn't careful to eat baby carrots pretty much every day. She won't eat my carrot salads, but instead she just likes to munch on carrots when she's doing homework for watching TV...

I've also been putting shredded carrots into no-bake cookies, that is a whole other level of genius 😍

OP
Rinse & rePeat
We just planted carrots last week! My 17 year old daughter has really been getting into gardening and it's nice to share the workload.

She has also experienced firsthand the skin clearing benefits of carrots, and she notices that she gets menstrual cramps at the beginning of her period if she isn't careful to eat baby carrots pretty much every day. She won't eat my carrot salads, but instead she just likes to munch on carrots when she's doing homework for watching TV...

I've also been putting shredded carrots into no-bake cookies, that is a whole other level of genius 😍
I love the idea of adding them to baked goods! You are a genius LadyRae! I planted these purple/black ones. I love the purple rainbow carrots for juicing with apples, plus they are low in vitamin A. I just saw them peeking their little heads out of the soil today!

Attachments

• E3633D59-C0AE-40DB-9228-2616CBBBDD79.jpeg
    E3633D59-C0AE-40DB-9228-2616CBBBDD79.jpeg
    571.3 KB · Views: 5
OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Interestingly, apidaecins seem to also have the ability to alter the host immune system by modifying chemotaxis (movement of cells in the immune system), apoptosis (induced cell death), cytokine/chemokine production (the production of signalling chemicals which direct the immune response), antigen presentation and the Th1/Th2 balance (whether you fight the nasty with B cells or T cells).”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Miracle Berries have become increasingly popular throughout the United States. Once you chew the tasteless berry, it's juice coats your tongue. Everything you eat for the next two hours tastes sweet.

- Lemons taste like sweet lemonade
- Guinness Stout beer tastes like chocolate milk
- Even broccoli and cauliflower taste like sweet apples”

“Improves Appetite for Chemotherapy Patients
Patients undergoing diabetes treatment or chemotherapy often suffer from a lack of appetite. The treatments tend to cause either a total lack of taste - or a metallic taste. Miracle Berries have been credited as a "true miracle" for patients who were heading toward malnourishment because the taste and smell of food made them nauseous. Because the berries take away the metallic taste, food simply tastes better.”

Attachments

• 63ED9A0E-4B4A-4A20-BA70-2EE0753C1F86.jpeg
    63ED9A0E-4B4A-4A20-BA70-2EE0753C1F86.jpeg
    208.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 82C73D3F-7994-4AAB-AC76-692CD40A6F88.jpeg
    82C73D3F-7994-4AAB-AC76-692CD40A6F88.jpeg
    349.2 KB · Views: 6
OP
Rinse & rePeat
Q: I have no control over oils when eating out. What can I do to offset the harmful effects of polyunsaturated oils?

“A small amount of these oils won't kill you. It is the proportion of them in your diet that matters. A little extra vitamin E (such as 100 units per day) will take care of an occasional American restaurant meal. Based on animal studies, it would take a teaspoonful per day of corn or soy oil added to a fat-free diet to significantly increase our risk of cancer. Unfortunately, it is impossible to devise a fat-free diet outside of a laboratory. Vegetables, grains, nuts, fish and meats all naturally contain large amounts of these oils, and the extra oil used in cooking becomes a more serious problem. -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“The expression of p53 gene was decreased in Hep62 cells treated with honey, while the sugar mixture caused a 2.5-fold increase when compared to the untreated control. A similar pattern was observed in the 5637 cells, honey decreasing p53 expression while the sugar control showed a two-fold increase.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Buckwheat honey was shown to be the most effective of the seven honey types which were tested [46]. While there are numerous studies which examined the antiproliferative effects of honey in cell culture, the type of honey used was often different and many studies did not compare the effect of sugars versus the effects seen for honey. In our experience, the effects of honey can vary between cell lines and also the type of honey that is used.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Buckwheat is also a dietary source of enterolactone, niacin, zinc, copper, selenium, and manganese. Components of buckwheat have been found to have antioxidant, anticarcinogenic, antimutagenic, and antifungal properties.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“One study reviewed intake of honey in patients with AIDS showed that when they took 80 grams of honey per day for 21 days, their immune cells improved. This is equivalent to about 3 ounces, ¼ cup, or 4 tablespoons of honey per day.

Another study looked at the relationship between cancer incidence and honey intake in developing nations. This study suggested that in people that ate more honey had less cancer.“

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Honey is a healthy alternative to refined sugar, however when cooking or baking with honey, it is not necessary to use raw honey since the heat destroys the all of the pollen, enzymes, propolis, vitamins, amino acids, antioxidants, minerals, and aromatics.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Results

A 41.4% of OSCC cell inhibition was observed at 1000 µg/ml dilution of aqueous wheatgrass extract in 24 hours.

Conclusion

The aqueous extract of wheatgrass has an inhibitory effect on the oral cancer cell line proliferation.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“The assumption that cancer is genetically determined, and the assumption that regeneration is impossible in the heart or brain, are self-limiting assumptions that have been immensely destructive in biology and medicine. There was no reason to make those assumptions, except for the rationalist culture. Physics, biology, and cosmology are manacled by many unnecessary assumptions. The limits of adaptation, the extent of life’s potential, can’t be discovered unless you look for them, but the sciences have built many artificial limitations into their systems“ -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Optimal assumptions, when assumptions are necessary, are those that don’t commit you to undesirable conclusions.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“I came across this like I thought was very interesting. They say grits depletes tryptophan.

Cancer

Tryptophan is an amino acid essential for the spreading of cancer cells, and grits help to deplete this, making grits the preferred carbohydrate for many of the CAAT food regimens, although rice is also considered a good carbohydrate.