LOW-FAT FAT RECIPES for CANCER & More

“The vicious cycles that promote cancer can be interrupted to some extent simply by reducing exposure to things that promote stress and inflammation--endotoxin, polyunsaturated fats, amino acid imbalance, nutritional deficiencies, ionizing radiation, estrogens--and maintaining optimal levels of things that protect against those--carbon dioxide, vitamin E, progesterone, light, aspirin, sugars, and thyroid hormone, for example.” -Ray Peat

The basis of Ray Peat’s studies is on fats, and particularly the polyunsaturated “PUFA ones. Their man made appearance in our food chain can be traced back to the fast decline of the world’s health. Though avoiding them is crucial to getting ourselves separated from where the rest of the world is held hostage, it is only a first step to getting far away from disaster. Obesity and cancer are the biggest problems, and those with deep pockets and big bellies cleverly set up store fronts telling everybody to take “this and that” with their snake oil cures, and fervently contradict everything that science has proven to be true. The point of this post is to point out that, though coconut oil and animal fats are better fats, fats still cause problems. I for one find fats important for my skin and joints, but for those fighting cancer and weight related degenerative conditions, they are feeding those issues. Sugar is not the problem in our society it is fats. This post is for those that believe that. If you don’t then move on. I am here to help figure out how to help our forum member friends (you know who are:), and their loved ones dealing with cancer and weight frustrations that are causing life threatening conditions. To start this thread I am posting some photos of foods that I have made that are low in fat. I will post recipes and new creations as I put my mind to this need.

Rinse & rePeat:

“Do you think 40 to 50 grams of protein is too much protein having cancer? Is gelatin, nonfat milk and potato good sources of protein to eat with cancer?”

RAY PEAT:
“If the protein is limited to those, and your other calories are from carbohydrates (not fats), that amound should be safe.”

In this thread I will also try and keep protein lower. This is also something that people on a limited budget can appreciate, and with cost of meat continuing to rise we may all need this thread eventually. In our present day quality not quantity is more important than ever.

"People on a standard diet will typically burn 200 or 300 more calories per day when that amount of sugar is added to their diet; but if extra fat is added, too, some of the extra calories are likely to be deposited as fat.”
-Ray Peat

Attachments

• A2F72400-D7F6-40BB-ADA7-82F7142A591E.jpeg
    A2F72400-D7F6-40BB-ADA7-82F7142A591E.jpeg
    351.8 KB · Views: 282
  • F13DA34A-3AD3-44D5-A52D-67828C6CF900.jpeg
    F13DA34A-3AD3-44D5-A52D-67828C6CF900.jpeg
    283.9 KB · Views: 248
  • 70EB0573-3CE8-4152-9CD0-4BC6CC439B71.jpeg
    70EB0573-3CE8-4152-9CD0-4BC6CC439B71.jpeg
    431.3 KB · Views: 221
  • 8A383732-EC5A-4C87-8FC7-832182276476.jpeg
    8A383732-EC5A-4C87-8FC7-832182276476.jpeg
    430.5 KB · Views: 226
  • 3B7FB5AC-BECE-4BAD-AFAB-C9C10CFF3829.jpeg
    3B7FB5AC-BECE-4BAD-AFAB-C9C10CFF3829.jpeg
    332.1 KB · Views: 223
  • E3A2378C-5C78-42EB-B439-51A35F7D81BF.jpeg
    E3A2378C-5C78-42EB-B439-51A35F7D81BF.jpeg
    355.3 KB · Views: 264
  • EC344557-9574-475B-9A59-0A636D27DC5B.jpeg
    EC344557-9574-475B-9A59-0A636D27DC5B.jpeg
    486.6 KB · Views: 252
  • CCA19403-E861-4DA9-B9A0-300CA59F9AC6.jpeg
    CCA19403-E861-4DA9-B9A0-300CA59F9AC6.jpeg
    397.1 KB · Views: 306

Philomath

I want to make that Pineapple oat cake NOW! Do you need the sprouted oats?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I want to make that Pineapple oat cake NOW! Do you need the sprouted oats?
You can make it with regular oats by blending it in a Bullet blender and make your own flour, but I used sprouted oat flour for this pic. You could play with this recipe and use pineapple and half apples or try canned peaches or pears? I will type out my recipe for you below :)

Last edited:
OP
Rinse & rePeat
PINEAPPLE APPLE OAT CAKE

Peel and chop several juicy Gala, Honeycrisp or other tasty apples, into 1/2-inch dice, I use my chopper, and put into a measuring cup, filling to the 24 ounce line. Pour pineapple juice over the apples to the 24 ounce line.

Put the apple/pineapple mixture into a bowl, add two eggs, 2 cups oat flour, 1 cup sugar, 1.5 teaspoons baking soda and 3/4 teaspoon Maldon flakey finishing salt. Put mixture into a prepared baking dish and top with brown sugar, however much you want, and bake for about 40 minutes.

Attachments

• 66980108-F6E7-4FAC-BC47-CA814248802B.jpeg
    66980108-F6E7-4FAC-BC47-CA814248802B.jpeg
    486.6 KB · Views: 89
  • 8602AA8D-4B82-41CD-BA2F-B6F4C695D95E.jpeg
    8602AA8D-4B82-41CD-BA2F-B6F4C695D95E.jpeg
    665.1 KB · Views: 90
OP
Rinse & rePeat
PINEAPPLE APPLE OAT CAKE

Peel and chop several juicy Gala, Honeycrisp or other tasty apples, into 1/2-inch dice, I use my chopper, and put into a measuring cup, filling to the 24 ounce line. Pour pineapple juice over the apples to the 24 ounce line.

Put the apple/pineapple mixture into a bowl, add two eggs, 2 cups oat flour, 1 cup sugar, 1.5 teaspoons baking soda and 3/4 teaspoon Maldon flakey finishing salt. Put mixture into a prepared baking dish and top with brown sugar, however much you want, and bake for about 40 minutes.
I forgot to put to bake this in a 350 degree oven :)

Philomath

Thank you! Could you add baking soda and an acid to see if it will rise any?
Also,

N

nobody

“The vicious cycles that promote cancer can be interrupted to some extent simply by reducing exposure to things that promote stress and inflammation--endotoxin, polyunsaturated fats, amino acid imbalance, nutritional deficiencies, ionizing radiation, estrogens--and maintaining optimal levels of things that protect against those--carbon dioxide, vitamin E, progesterone, light, aspirin, sugars, and thyroid hormone, for example.” -Ray Peat

The basis of Ray Peat’s studies is on fats, and particularly the polyunsaturated “PUFA ones. Their man made appearance in our food chain can be traced back to the fast decline of the world’s health. Though avoiding them is crucial to getting ourselves separated from where the rest of the world is held hostage, it is only a first step to getting far away from disaster. Obesity and cancer are the biggest problems, and those with deep pockets and big bellies cleverly set up store fronts telling everybody to take “this and that” with their snake oil cures, and fervently contradict everything that science has proven to be true. The point of this post is to point out that, though coconut oil and animal fats are better fats, fats still cause problems. I for one find fats important for my skin and joints, but for those fighting cancer and weight related degenerative conditions, they are feeding those issues. Sugar is not the problem in our society it is fats. This post is for those that believe that. If you don’t then move on. I am here to help figure out how to help our forum member friends (you know who are:), and their loved ones dealing with cancer and weight frustrations that are causing life threatening conditions. To start this thread I am posting some photos of foods that I have made that are low in fat. I will post recipes and new creations as I put my mind to this need.

Rinse & rePeat:

“Do you think 40 to 50 grams of protein is too much protein having cancer? Is gelatin, nonfat milk and potato good sources of protein to eat with cancer?”

RAY PEAT:
“If the protein is limited to those, and your other calories are from carbohydrates (not fats), that amound should be safe.”

In this thread I will also try and keep protein lower. This is also something that people on a limited budget can appreciate, and with cost of meat continuing to rise we may all need this thread eventually. In our present day quality not quantity is more important than ever.

"People on a standard diet will typically burn 200 or 300 more calories per day when that amount of sugar is added to their diet; but if extra fat is added, too, some of the extra calories are likely to be deposited as fat.”
-Ray Peat
Could other individuals who do not have cancer get away with 40-50 grams of protein daily alongside sufficient calorie intake? I am a healthy 22 year old male and consume on a daily basis : 4 cups whole raw milk, basmati rice, medjool dates, maple syrup, raw honey, ghee, and spices. I eat to satiety within two meals each day.

Philomath

TheCodez

NOTHING eases my tumor pain like eating beef fat/tallow.
I'd be cautious about building a lifestyle around avoiding all fat if you're dealing with cancer.
There are likely folk with cancer that may do better with very little animal fat, but I'm not convinced they constitute more than 50% of the population.

Obviously I'm not a doctor and this isn't medical advice.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
NOTHING eases my tumor pain like eating beef fat/tallow.
I'd be cautious about building a lifestyle around avoiding all fat if you're dealing with cancer.
There are likely folk with cancer that may do better with very little animal fat, but I'm not convinced they constitute more than 50% of the population.

Obviously I'm not a doctor and this isn't medical advice.

Thanks for your concern. This thread is also for “and More” people. Keeping fat lower takes the pounds off too for those needing to lose weight, for various reasons. Like Ray Peat has said a zero fat diet for a couple of weeks could rid cancer from the body, because it need fat to survive. So if you are thin and went on a zero fat diet you could be successful with this strategy, because your body wouldn’t release stored fat, like a heavy person having zero fat.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“In a 2013 study, 62 older adults took a 50,000-IU vitamin D3 supplement once a month for 3 months. The participants were divided into three meal groups — no meal, high fat meal, and low fat meal.

At the end of the study, researchers found that the folks who took vitamin D3 supplements with a low fat meal had better absorption.”

Philomath

I have been out the last 3 days, but am hoping to get more posted here tomorrow! Let me know how your cake turns out :)
Made it last night… YUM!
Funny, the apple is front and center. I didn’t even taste the pineapple. I suppose if you added rings of pineapple on the bottom, this would be close to a pineapple upside down cake!
As it is, I could eat this for breakfast - with a little cinnamon and maple syrup.
26468031-49DD-4C27-982D-F3E7FCCB8BE4.jpeg

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Made it last night… YUM!
Funny, the apple is front and center. I didn’t even taste the pineapple. I suppose if you added rings of pineapple on the bottom, this would be close to a pineapple upside down cake!
As it is, I could eat this for breakfast - with a little cinnamon and maple syrup.
View attachment 37319
I am so pleased to see that cake! It is pure fruit, and unlike other cakes, I left out the fat and opted to put it in top instead, aka butter mmmm…. It is great to pack and take on the road, like a moist granola bar of sorts, no butter necessary. I think I am gonna pick up some pineapple and sub out some of those apples cause your cake has me wanting that now! Well done sir!

OP
Rinse & rePeat
TORTILLA SOUP

Here is a dinner soup that I love, because it is so tasty and quick to make. I mix a can of tomato soup with about the same amount of salsa and two to three times more beef or chicken bone broth and add a bunch of dried cumin to make a fat free tortilla soup! You can add grilled shrimp or any other leftover meats, or keep it vegetarian and throw in some small (less bitter) zucchini chunks or roasted jalapeños and other roasted vegetables. Top it with anything you like; cheddar, fried tortilla strips, sour cream, onion, cilantro, a few avocado slices, radish slices. It is so filling and so good and it can stay low fat/low protein or be high fat/ high protein.

Attachments

• EE76AC81-6C4D-483A-A488-DBEF71CE1EA9.jpeg
    EE76AC81-6C4D-483A-A488-DBEF71CE1EA9.jpeg
    413.7 KB · Views: 59
  • ADA56C68-54BF-4286-B40C-6D0676E88015.jpeg
    ADA56C68-54BF-4286-B40C-6D0676E88015.jpeg
    345.5 KB · Views: 58

Stilgar

What a brilliant thread, Rinse. I love your posts and this has made me think about my macros and meals a little differently. Tortilla soup sounds so good!

OP
Rinse & rePeat
What a brilliant thread, Rinse. I love your posts and this has made me think about my macros and meals a little differently. Tortilla soup sounds so good!
Why thank you Stilgar! If you get to making the tortilla soup share your version here :)

Philomath

“In a 2013 study, 62 older adults took a 50,000-IU vitamin D3 supplement once a month for 3 months. The participants were divided into three meal groups — no meal, high fat meal, and low fat meal.

At the end of the study, researchers found that the folks who took vitamin D3 supplements with a low fat meal had better absorption.”

Dr. Peat often recommends rubbing some olive oil on your skin first, then rubbing in supplements over the top. I wonder if the fat in the EVO is aiding the absorption?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Dr. Peat often recommends rubbing some olive oil on your skin first, then rubbing in supplements over the top. I wonder if the fat in the EVO is aiding the absorption?
I heard him say that about Progest-E, but it was to help spread it over a large area for pain.