LOW-FAT FAT RECIPES for CANCER & More

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I heard him say that about Progest-E, but it was to help spread it over a large area for pain.

My vitamin D s already in oil. So maybe the EVOO recommendation is for opening up the capsules to use vitamin D on the skin?

Attachments

• 948C34CB-09E3-4467-9CEC-2F7EEDF00C0B.jpeg
    948C34CB-09E3-4467-9CEC-2F7EEDF00C0B.jpeg
    171.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 9E122F21-7EBE-4B1B-93F6-66AA683E032D.jpeg
    9E122F21-7EBE-4B1B-93F6-66AA683E032D.jpeg
    245.8 KB · Views: 20

Philomath

Like Ray Peat has said a zero fat diet for a couple of weeks could rid cancer from the body, because it need fat to survive.

I’m curious about this quote. Is zero fat better than low fat? Even if someone with cancer is getting >3g of fat a day, should they take something like orlistat? It blocks absorption of fat whereas aspirin, niacinamide etc inhibit the circulation of FFA’s.
Not to mention, If you’re already low protein, and now you cut out all fat, how would you get the necessary fat soluble vitamins - through supplements?
Is this how the Gerson juice diet works for cancer? Zero fat and all juice? Maybe I’ll follow @charlie example & only eat Grapes for a couple weeks?

Philomath

My vitamin D s already in oil. So maybe the EVOO recommendation is for opening up the capsules to use vitamin D on the skin?
Are you taking that orally or topically?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Like Ray Peat has said a zero fat diet for a couple of weeks could rid cancer from the body, because it need fat to survive.

I’m curious about this quote. Is zero fat better than low fat? Even if someone with cancer is getting >3g of fat a day, should they take something like orlistat? It blocks absorption of fat whereas aspirin, niacinamide etc inhibit the circulation of FFA’s.
Not to mention, If you’re already low protein, and now you cut out all fat, how would you get the necessary fat soluble vitamins - through supplements?
Is this how the Gerson juice diet works for cancer? Zero fat and all juice? Maybe I’ll follow @charlie example & only eat Grapes for a couple weeks?
I think his quote probably was referring to it being proven in a lab Petri dish. There is no food that has zero fat, not even a lemon, but it is a good indication that keeping fats low is effective. It will just take much longer than two weeks to shrink it till it is gone. Having patience and persistence is a better route than being fearful and hasty. Of course that is easier said than done when you are in the middle of it.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I am not taking it at all, as I get out in the sun often, but when anyone does in our household it is taken topically. RP does not recommend taking vitamin D orally, he says to use 10 times the oral recommendation topically.

OP
Rinse & rePeat

I wrote RP about a couple of vitamin D choices I was pondering, on page 6 of my “Slippery Slope Supplements” thread, and he thought the one I just posted here seemed like the better choice….

E-mail from Rinse & rePeat:

"Speaking of vitamin D, I have been buying a lanolin and MCT coconut oil one and use it topically as you have suggested. I found this different one, which is 7 times more expensive and made from "pure vitamin D3 crystals", which I have no idea where that comes from. In any case, the site lists it as a Ray Peat quality D3. How do you think the two compare?"

RAY PEAT:
"I would question any product from a website which claims that I have expressed an opinion about the quality of vitamin D. I have warned against the oral use of MCT in products for oral use."

Rinse & rePeat:
"You have! You have said ingesting MCT orally can create allergies that otherwise weren't there before. Do you think my usual lanolin D3 suppliment is as good as the pure D3 crystals?"

RAY PEAT
"The lanolin product is sold as purified crystals."

Rinse & rePeat:
"Further pondering your last message, are you saying to ditch them both or is one better than the other for topical use?"

RAY PEAT
"I don’t know of any problem from using a little MCT on the skin."

Rinse & rePeat
"So the lanolin one is just as good as the way more expensive one?"

RAY PEAT:
"And the seller might be more honest."

OP
Rinse & rePeat
If you can get sprouted popcorn then this is a low-fat sweet snack worth making!

Attachments

• 61CFA9DC-B16E-4E70-890F-F63942FCF859.jpeg
    61CFA9DC-B16E-4E70-890F-F63942FCF859.jpeg
    421.2 KB · Views: 21
OP
Rinse & rePeat
This is a fast low-fat recipe like topped with butter and a good strawberry jam.

Attachments

• 55BF69EA-F019-44A7-952F-246957B57412.jpeg
    55BF69EA-F019-44A7-952F-246957B57412.jpeg
    661.8 KB · Views: 25
OP
Rinse & rePeat
This is THE MOST AMAZING potato recipe, that uses chicken broth, rosemary and garlic for flavor, rather than milk and more fat from frying. It has 1 tablespoon of butter per half pound of potatoes. I made them for Thanksgiving, they are that good!

Attachments

• E7C7AAA9-39D8-47CB-9A5A-218D94B8B0F6.jpeg
    E7C7AAA9-39D8-47CB-9A5A-218D94B8B0F6.jpeg
    608.2 KB · Views: 25
OP
Rinse & rePeat
This is the most addicting slaw! It is my own fat free creation with the recipe on page 4 of my “Peaty Fruits & Vegetables” thread. The rice vinegar and sugar dressing lodged this into my memory bank and makes mouth water thinking about it now!

Attachments

• 4FF3676D-BCBF-40ED-949D-4BCE5629B35F.jpeg
    4FF3676D-BCBF-40ED-949D-4BCE5629B35F.jpeg
    334.3 KB · Views: 16
OP
Rinse & rePeat
Making your nonfat version of my homemade, no cream or egg yolk, ice cream, Philomath, is a perfect breakfast for cancer or weight loss. A bowl of my homemade ice cream topped with a handful of “in season”sweet blueberries and the peel of one orange is my usual breakfast. I make mine with whole raw milk usually, but sometimes I make it with half raw whole milk and half grass fed nonfat milk. Orange peels have some cancer fighting properties too!

Attachments

• D40D589E-B6A6-48DB-A0A8-06FC183E6DD8.jpeg
    D40D589E-B6A6-48DB-A0A8-06FC183E6DD8.jpeg
    549.4 KB · Views: 21
OP
Rinse & rePeat
BTI: Do you think there are ways to prevent cancer, and if so, what would be the top four ways you would recommend?

RP: John Gofman, who in the 1950s was the US Government’s leading propagandists for the safety of ionizing radiation, did a large study* in which he showed that medical radiation contributes to the majority of cancer and heart disease in the US. Several factors (including estrogen, unsaturated fats, and toxic metals) synergize with the carcinogenic effects of radiation, so besides avoiding medical radiation, it’s good to reduce the polyunsaturated fats in the diet, to reduce toxic chemicals and other stressors, and to eat a protective diet, emphasizing calcium, magnesium, the oily vitamins, and moderate amounts of the essential nutrients.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Q: I have no control over oils when eating out. What can I do to offset the harmful effects of polyunsaturated oils?

“A small amount of these oils won't kill you. It is the proportion of them in your diet that matters. A little extra vitamin E (such as 100 units per day) will take care of an occasional American restaurant meal. Based on animal studies, it would take a teaspoonful per day of corn or soy oil added to a fat-free diet to significantly increase our risk of cancer. Unfortunately, it is impossible to devise a fat-free diet outside of a laboratory. Vegetables, grains, nuts, fish and meats all naturally contain large amounts of these oils, and the extra oil used in cooking becomes a more serious problem.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Orange juice contains naringenin which is effective against melanoma, and guavas contain apigenin, also effective. A diet consisting of milk, orange juice, guavas, cheese, and some eggs, liver, and oysters, with aspirin would be protective against the spread of the tumor.” -Ray Peat

Philomath

If you can get sprouted popcorn then this is a low-fat sweet snack worth making!

I have not looked for sprouted popcorn?
In general, I think that’s a great idea for a low fat snack! However, being type B+ blood, I’m not supposed to have corn. I was planning on researching to find out if masa harina, since it’s boiled in lime (and now sprouted corn) would be acceptable for B types?

Philomath

What about the vaunted Ray Peat inspired milk powder pancakes? 1/2 cup non-fat milk powder, 1/8 cup skim milk, dash of salt and 1 egg? With maple syrup of course!
I bet you could make them into crepes too - just cook longer at very, very low heat. That may open the door for compotes, sweetened non fat Greek
yogurt (for cream cheese) and even savory versions?

Philomath

Q: I have no control over oils when eating out. What can I do to offset the harmful effects of polyunsaturated oils?

“A small amount of these oils won't kill you. It is the proportion of them in your diet that matters. A little extra vitamin E (such as 100 units per day) will take care of an occasional American restaurant meal. Based on animal studies, it would take a teaspoonful per day of corn or soy oil added to a fat-free diet to significantly increase our risk of cancer. Unfortunately, it is impossible to devise a fat-free diet outside of a laboratory. Vegetables, grains, nuts, fish and meats all naturally contain large amounts of these oils, and the extra oil used in cooking becomes a more serious problem.” -Ray Peat
I’m scheduled to attend a trade show in Las Vegas next week. I’ll be bringing my vitamin E and aspirin!

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I have not looked for sprouted popcorn?
In general, I think that’s a great idea for a low fat snack! However, being type B+ blood, I’m not supposed to have corn. I was planning on researching to find out if masa harina, since it’s boiled in lime (and now sprouted corn) would be acceptable for B types?
Corn is corn. Masa is easier to digest, but is still considered a grain, while RP says sprouted isn’t considered a grain anymore, and is more of a plant/vegetable. In that recipe you can cut back on some of the coconut oil too, if you decide to try it. Me personally as an “0” blood type, that is suppose to avoid corn too, would choose the sprouted over the masa. Any grain sprouted is touted to be easier to digest, like masa. I am glad you are being very discerning.

Philomath

This is a fast low-fat recipe like topped with butter and a good strawberry jam.

To keep it low fat, I wonder if the old trick of substituting applesauce for oil will work?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals