Low Fat Cookbook And Kids

scarlettsmum

If you have small children (preschoolers in my case), do you give them full fat or low fat diary?
I read everywhere that full fat is the way to go because of the vitamins, but then again wouldn't it be better if they get used to low fat now so that they don't develop preferance for it?

On the subject of low fat: Do you have any favourite low fat cookbooks with ingredients in metric measurements?
Thanks!

I read everywhere that full fat is the way to go because of the vitamins

The fat in milk barely has any vitamins. It has tiny amounts of a, k2, and d. It's not a practical source of those vitamins. It's not the fat in milk that is valuable. It's the lactose, calcium, and casein that are valuable and those aren't in the fat. The most common reaction to milk is sinus and throat phlegm.

but then again wouldn't it be better if they get used to low fat now so that they don't develop preferance for it?

Yes.

On the subject of low fat: Do you have any favourite low fat cookbooks with ingredients in metric measurements?

I do but they are not "Peaty" so I can't post them here. I'll PM you them.

Edit: Your profile says "This member limits who may view their full profile" so I can't message you. If you want to know the cookbooks then message me.

Last edited:
OP
scarlettsmum

scarlettsmum

The fat in milk barely has any vitamins. It has tiny amounts of a, k2, and d. It's not a practical source of those vitamins. It's not the fat in milk that is valuable. It's the lactose, calcium, and casein that are valuable and those aren't in the fat. The most common reaction to milk is sinus and throat phlegm.

Yes.

I do but they are not "Peaty" so I can't post them here. I'll PM you them.

Edit: Your profile says "This member limits who may view their full profile" so I can't message you. If you want to know the cookbooks then message me.

Thank you Westside, I didn't realise I had this setting, will pm you and change the setting,

paymanz

a low fat diet supplemented with some green vegs like spinach and liver,delivers all k,a,e they need plus other trace elements.