LOW Estrogen?

mangoes

I just got results as follows:
image.jpeg

Surprisingly my estrogen is out of range low. I'm a 23 y/old male and I have a case of gynecomastia from my teens. This wasn't a result I was expecting at all with some of my symptoms. Any ideas on what to do with this info? What does this mean from a Peat perspective? Should I try raising it a little? On another note I just found out my reverse t3 is high and the rt3 ratio is low, normal TSH, T3 and T4 levels, if that makes any difference.

meatbag

"The concentration of a hormone in the blood doesn't directly represent the concentration in the various organs" - Tissue-bound estrogen in aging

Am J Obstet Gynecol 1980 Apr 15;136(8):986-91. Female sex steroid concentrations in the ampullary and isthmic regions of the human fallopian tube and their relationship to plasma concentrations during the menstrual cycle. Batra S, Helm G, Owman C, Sjoberg NO, Walles B. The concentrations of estradiol-17 beta (E2) and progesterone (P) were measured in the ampullary and isthmic portions of the fallopian tube of nonpregnant menstruating women and the cyclic fluctuations were related to the concentrations of these hormones in plasma. The steroid concentrations were determined by radioimmunoassays. There was no significant difference in the isthmic and ampullary concentrations of either steroid in any of the menstrual phases. The mean value for E2 was highest in the ovulatory phase and for P during the luteal phase. The tissue (per gm)/plasma (per ml) ratio for the steroid concentrations was above unity in all measurements. The ratio for E2 was highest (isthmus:12, ampulla:8) in the follicular phase and for P (isthmus:26, ampulla:18) during ovulation. Since these highest ratios were attained when plasma steroid concentrations were relatively low they were interpreted as reflections of a maximal receptor contribution

"Prolactin blood tests are more reliable than serotonin and estrogen - i.e. plasma prolactin is a good indicator for its levels everywhere in the body, while estrogen and serotonin can be low in plasma but high in tissues" - Prolactin is a good metric for serotonin and estrogen levels

"...Fenfluramine causes the release of serotonin proportional to endogenous availability and in turn, serotonin stimulates the secretion of prolactin. Therefore, serum prolactin concentrations reflect endogenous serotonin.. Neither aggressive behavior nor yawning (indicators of androgen activity) correlated with serotonin/prolactin, but posited aromatase activity correlated significantly with prolactin."

OP
M

mangoes

Oh thanks @Meatbag, that's really interesting. I guess I'll get my prolactin tested to try and gauge my estrogen levels.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals