Low EMF phones, screens, computers?

Yonebayashian

Extended use of screens close to my face leaves me somewhat dazed and stricken with a headache. I've been joyfully using a dumbphone for the past couple of months but now need to "upgrade" for work. Also looking to make the switch to a low EMF laptop.

I've seen those orange glasses but they look kind of retarded. I'm doubtful they'd actually do anything, but maybe I'm wrong. Having to put them on every time I take my phone out would be ridiculous.

Gânico

I would like to know it aswell. I have a separete keyboard/mouse so i can stay far away from my laptop, and rarely use cellphones.

Some Apps like redshift, f.lux help with blue light from screens

I'm.No.One

I'm not sure about phones but there's blue light blocking things that are designed to go over laptops.

K

Kayaker

Orange lenses will only protect you from blue light, not EMF. A metal film over a monitor can scatter the EMF.

Yea this is the one I have - It's the radioclear one - I paid like $25 - it's a microsheet of silver I think - yes I agree - I think being near the processor of a computer is where you will receive the most EMF - I noticed laptops I used with faster processors such as 3.5 GHz were a lot more annoying in EMF than ones I used with only 2 GHz - also I notice when I load processor-heavy applications such as Adobe Illustrator or Adobe Premier especially - I can hear the processor whirring loudly and feel a lot more EMF release from my computer - I think the safest to be from EMF is having the processor as far away from the head as possible

The processor is the main source of EMF. Handheld devices seem terrible, even with airplane mode on, since they have processors and are typically held close to the head. On the other hand, a computer tower can be put far away, and USB extenders and long HDMI cord used for monitor, keyboard, and mouse. Monitors certainly emit a lot of EMF.

Not sure about mouse and keyboard. I ultimately haven't gotten around to buying an EMF meter. Different ones measure different spectrums, and I'm not sure which one would suit my needs. There's a device connection system in my house. I can always see TV hardware under "cast to" and the connection depends on the internet being on.

OP
Yonebayashian

Yonebayashian

Orange lenses will only protect you from blue light, not EMF. A metal film over a monitor can scatter the EMF.

The processor is the main source of EMF. Handheld devices seem terrible, even with airplane mode on, since they have processors and are typically held close to the head. On the other hand, a computer tower can be put far away, and USB extenders and long HDMI cord used for monitor, keyboard, and mouse. Monitors certainly emit a lot of EMF.

Not sure about mouse and keyboard. I ultimately haven't gotten around to buying an EMF meter. Different ones measure different spectrums, and I'm not sure which one would suit my needs. There's a device connection system in my house. I can always see TV hardware under "cast to" and the connection depends on the internet being on.
As far as which phones put off the least EMF, this may help

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ENDFLRB9CE

I use the old schoole Iphone SE which still gets updates.

I didn't know that anti EMF film existed, thank you. Will definitely get this regardless of what device I use.

I do not want to get a phone like the iPhone 6 just for low EMF. If slow processors are the key to low EMF I think I'll use a half way dumbphone/smartphone (a midwit phone) like the AGM M7. I used this phone in the past and really loved it, you can easily install the cracked aurora appstore and get virtually every app that 1GB of ram can handle. The screen is also very small and a touchscreen and it has a great mic and speaker so you can keep it far away from your face as you call people. I'm currently using the Sunbeam F1 but find the third party text to speech and navigation to be frustrating and the speaker is very quiet so I have to press the phone right against my ear as I talk to people, giving me a headache. I'm going to keep browsing for alternatives and keep you guys updated.

Still searching for a good low EMF laptop, recommendations appreciated. 95% of my laptop usage is just for browsing the internet so a light slow processor device works great.

freyasam

As far as which phones put off the least EMF, this may help

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ENDFLRB9CE

I use the old schoole Iphone SE which still gets updates.

This is really helpful info and timely for me as I'm looking for a new phone. Can I ask why you went with the first gen iphone SE vs the iphone 6? More modern iOS for apps as he mentions in the video?

I might just order both iphone 6 and SE from ebay and test them out. They're cheaper than buying the one new phone I was considering.

JamesGatz

Apple laptops tend to be worst offenders in terms of EMF - The Aluminum case is transparent for shorter frequency waves if I remember correctly so it offers little to no protection to EMF - I believe their phones are made of the same so same story.

51rHUa0UOHL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

Being at least a foot away from the device (so having a wired keyboard and mouse)

DELL2.PNG

If you can manage to connect to Wi-fi using a wire that's ideal as well
To expand on what I said - the harder your computer is working = the more EMF is being outputted - generally when you hear your computer making more noise (fans,motor, etc.,) = more EMF

Gaming PC's and laptops with fast processors (at least over 2.5GHz) seem to also output more EMF - gaming laptops for example - I'm guessing because the machines are prioritized to handle heavy loads which increases EMF

1546863952392.jpg

Ultimately I think the best way to figure this out is going to the store and experimenting with computers - I like the Microsoft Surface and that's how I ended up getting it

product-desk_shield-01.jpg

If your eyesight is good and you really want to erradicate as much as possible - you can get a desk shield like what they had in schools for the covid and you can line it with clear emf-blocking film between you and your computer​

Tarmander

This is really helpful info and timely for me as I'm looking for a new phone. Can I ask why you went with the first gen iphone SE vs the iphone 6? More modern iOS for apps as he mentions in the video?

I might just order both iphone 6 and SE from ebay and test them out. They're cheaper than buying the one new phone I was considering.
The iphone 6 no longer can update and support many aps, so I am on the first gen SE now...but I was on the 6 for awhile and liked it.