Low e2 is much worse then high e2

tommyg130

MUCH WORSE.
High /high normal e2 is absolutely fine and healthy if you’re Testosterone Is also fine.
People tend to think their high estrogen is an issue. It’s an issue when T and other protective hormones are low. It’s simply an imbalance.

I have intentionally lowered my e2 a handful of times and now finally learned my lesson after feeling like a complete sack of ***t for weeks in a row this time. This forumn should stop parroting to just arbitrarily lower estrogen. Idc how many studies are posted saying it’s bad. There are just as many to show it’s protective. And thousands of Anecdotes attesting to feeling awful on low estrogen. And it is 100% the estrogen. I’ve confirmed in blood work over and over. Everything is in check just estrogen lowwww.

Low estrogen

Chronically dehydrated
Horrible skin
Can’t get a pump
Weak as all hell
Constant irritability
Brittle / temporary thinning hair
Complete lack of interest and hope in anything
Body aching /hands trembling

I don’t understand why the majority of the forum can’t even entertain the idea that low estrogen is brutal

yerrag

I don't think many people in this forum knows what e1 and e2 is. Using them without explaining what they mean betrays your wrong assumption people care as much as you in intentionally lowering estrogen.

Ray Peat is against us taking estrogens because the body produces it already. He is for us taking progesterone when the ratio of progesterone over estrogen is low, as progesterone counters the effect of estrogens.

True, Peat does not go about telling estrogen is also needed by the body, but why does he have to when he also does not say it's not needed by the body? And why did you assume Ray believes estrogen isn't needed by the body simply because he warns of the stressful conditions associated with having too much estrogen?

And if you assumed wrong, why didn't you think of making a thread and asking if your assumption is correct?

Be more careful next time.

OP
T

tommyg130

I don't think many people in this forum knows what e1 and e2 is. Using them without explaining what they mean betrays your wrong assumption people care as much as you in intentionally lowering estrogen.

Ray Peat is against us taking estrogens because the body produces it already. He is for us taking progesterone when the ratio of progesterone over estrogen is low, as progesterone counters the effect of estrogens.

True, Peat does not go about telling estrogen is also needed by the body, but why does he have to when he also does not say it's not needed by the body? And why did you assume Ray believes estrogen isn't needed by the body simply because he warns of the stressful conditions associated with having too much estrogen?

And if you assumed wrong, why didn't you think of making a thread and asking if your assumption is correct?

Be more careful next time.
I was speaking about what people constantly say in here. And I am aware of the difference. I test both estradiol and estrone sulfate. Both low.

And ya I don’t agree w taking exegenous estrogen. But constantly it it said on here to actively lower estrogen at all costs. Which is what I wouldn’t agree w 100%.

Um no I’m alright. I’m comfortable w my level of carefulness. Thank you though.??

yerrag

I was speaking about what people constantly say in here. And I am aware of the difference. I test both estradiol and estrone sulfate. Both low.

And ya I don’t agree w taking exegenous estrogen. But constantly it it said on here to actively lower estrogen at all costs. Which is what I wouldn’t agree w 100%.

Um no I’m alright. I’m comfortable w my level of carefulness. Thank you though.??
I think a lot of the warning against estrogen in the forum isnt really towards actively lowering endogenous estrogen but in taking substances that increase estrogen production.

And I think there's nothing wrong with taking that precaution because the body does not need any help in producing estrogen as the body produces estrogen very easily and if there is more cause to be worried about it being in excess than in deficiency.

Since hormonal balance is very important to our health, discouraging an excess of estrogen is very helpful.

I got the impression you were taking substances to actively lower estrogen and made yourself deficient. Good to know you didn't.

conrad0602

Low estrogen from taking an ai or something else? Hopefully it will bounce back soon and you start feeling better. Must be a relief to know your other hormones are all looking good and it's just a matter of waiting for estro to rise. Something to lower shbg like tongkat Ali might be helpful to get your estro up.

OP
T

tommyg130

I think a lot of the warning against estrogen in the forum isnt really towards actively lowering endogenous estrogen but in taking substances that increase estrogen production.

And I think there's nothing wrong with taking that precaution because the body does not need any help in producing estrogen as the body produces estrogen very easily and if there is more cause to be worried about it being in excess than in deficiency.

Since hormonal balance is very important to our health, discouraging an excess of estrogen is very helpful.

I got the impression you were taking substances to actively lower estrogen and made yourself deficient. Good to know you didn't.
Oh I was taking substances to actively lower like a jackass. I’m a big boy and I take accountability for my actions. But many people speak as if everyone needs to lower estrogen thru vitamin E aspirin etc. I should have made sure I had an estrogen issue to begin w . If you have normal estrogen to begin with you don’t need those type supps. Honestly many ppl are low aromatizes . I’m not so sure the majority produce excess estrogen. Just my opinion

InChristAlone

Just out of curiosity did you get night sweats? That's a huge menopausal symptom that is said to be low estrogen. Peat said it's actually from high tissue estrogen. I agree though low estrogen does suck.

OP
T

tommyg130

Just out of curiosity did you get night sweats? That's a huge menopausal symptom that is said to be low estrogen. Peat said it's actually from high tissue estrogen. I agree though low estrogen does suck.
Ummm I get hot before bed , but not rly sweats. Interesting. How do you get rid of high tissue estrogen? I feel like ***t when I take estrogen lowering substances, but I’m not opposed to the idea I have high tissue estrogen

P

Peatness

I was thinking the same as sugarbabe that it could be tissue bound estrogen. Do you have a thyroid issue?

1657809581700.png

InChristAlone

Ummm I get hot before bed , but not rly sweats. Interesting. How do you get rid of high tissue estrogen? I feel like ***t when I take estrogen lowering substances, but I’m not opposed to the idea I have high tissue estrogen
For women he says taking enough progesterone to push it out, or if progesterone doesn't work then thyroid is low. You could use DHEA to raise estrogen quite fast to see if that's really the cause.

OP
T

tommyg130

I was thinking the same as sugarbabe that it could be tissue bound estrogen. Do you have a thyroid issue?

View attachment 38967
So if my estrogen started to rise in blood that could mean it’s leaving the tissue? And would be a good sign.. thyroid numbers are ok. I’m cold though and weak. Not sure if it’s 100% thyroid or low estrogen. Or stress. I’m simply out of balance atm.

If estrogen is stuck in the tissue is using vitamin E and aspirin pointless? And only works it’s magic when estrogen is in the blood

Kram

MUCH WORSE.
High /high normal e2 is absolutely fine and healthy if you’re Testosterone Is also fine.
People tend to think their high estrogen is an issue. It’s an issue when T and other protective hormones are low. It’s simply an imbalance.

I have intentionally lowered my e2 a handful of times and now finally learned my lesson after feeling like a complete sack of ***t for weeks in a row this time. This forumn should stop parroting to just arbitrarily lower estrogen. Idc how many studies are posted saying it’s bad. There are just as many to show it’s protective. And thousands of Anecdotes attesting to feeling awful on low estrogen. And it is 100% the estrogen. I’ve confirmed in blood work over and over. Everything is in check just estrogen lowwww.

Low estrogen

Chronically dehydrated
Horrible skin
Can’t get a pump
Weak as all hell
Constant irritability
Brittle / temporary thinning hair
Complete lack of interest and hope in anything
Body aching /hands trembling

I don’t understand why the majority of the forum can’t even entertain the idea that low estrogen is brutal
100% agree. When I first started reading this forum, I thought I needed to inhibit aromatase and lower estrogen to help my body break out of the "stress cycle". Did nothing but mess my health up even more. IMO, rarely is high E2 causing problems for people.

P

Peatness

So if my estrogen started to rise in blood that could mean it’s leaving the tissue? And would be a good sign.. thyroid numbers are ok. I’m cold though and weak. Not sure if it’s 100% thyroid or low estrogen. Or stress. I’m simply out of balance atm.

If estrogen is stuck in the tissue is using vitamin E and aspirin pointless? And only works it’s magic when estrogen is in the blood
Being cold and weak is not good. What else is going on? What is your waking temperature and pulse rate?

Both zinc and vitamin E lower prolactin

OP
T

tommyg130

Can related BIG time…

Low Estrogen symptoms are terrible.

I deliberately lowered my Estrogen using a bunch of different supplements and ended up feeling absolutely terrible too!
Yeah man.. just no zest for life. Feeling of hopelessness. My e2 was 7.0 and Estrone sulfate wasn’t readable .

But prolactin is high. So I was taking lot of vitamin E and aspirin to lower prolactin but it also lowered E. Strange how prolactin is high but estrogen low? I guess that’s a dopamine issue as i tend to have a depressive nature. What do you think the best way to lower prolactin w out lowering estrogen is?

InChristAlone

This kind of depression has been well treated by MAOIs .

InChristAlone

Do they carry the same side effects as SSRIS? Do they just numb you ?
No, they have literally helped people live a good life where previously they were depressed or had panic attacks.low estrogen speeds up MAO activity meaning you have way less dopamine and noradrenaline in your brain.

OP
T

tommyg130

No, they have literally helped people live a good life where previously they were depressed or had panic attacks.low estrogen speeds up MAO activity meaning you have way less dopamine and noradrenaline in your brain.
They don’t raise serotonin like ssris? I’m going to look myself of course but I’m just wondering ? Interesting stuff

InChristAlone

They don’t raise serotonin like ssris? I’m going to look myself of course but I’m just wondering ? Interesting stuff
MAO does break down serotonin so if you inhibit it you may have more floating around, but they are extremely effective for depression unlike the SSRIs. Too little dopamine and noradrenaline really effects your quality of life. But if you know estrogen is the issue you can just try to get estrogen to come up, kind of a weird thing to suggest on a ray peat forum, but! The only hormone I know that directly goes towards estrogen over a few mg dose is DHEA. I think taking that would let you know pretty fast whether you need more estrogen.

Do stimulants do anything for you? They should raise catecholamines a bit. I use cyproheptadine to lower my cortisol and it antagonizes some of my dopamine so I just eat some chocolate and that reverses it. I can't tolerate much caffeine though. Very addicting for me.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals