Low-dose vs Moderate dose of Aspirin for Long-run

Candeias

Aspirin (as Non-Selective Cox 1&2 Inhibitor)​

asa_cox.png

"Figure 2. Selective inhibition of platelet COX-1 activity vs monocyte COX-2 activity measured in vitro after the addition of aspirin to whole-blood samples drawn from healthy human subjects. Bars represent Mean ±SD. Modified from Cipollone et al (1997)."

Looking at the graph would it be more beneficial to take a low dose daily or a higher dose weekly, assessing the risk-benefit that we all know, as aspirin's antiplatelet effect lasts 8-10 days (the life of the platelet)?

Aspirin (as Non-Selective Cox 1&2 Inhibitor)​

View attachment 46669

"Figure 2. Selective inhibition of platelet COX-1 activity vs monocyte COX-2 activity measured in vitro after the addition of aspirin to whole-blood samples drawn from healthy human subjects. Bars represent Mean ±SD. Modified from Cipollone et al (1997)."

Looking at the graph would it be more beneficial to take a low dose daily or a higher dose weekly, assessing the risk-benefit that we all know, as aspirin's antiplatelet effect lasts 8-10 days (the life of the platelet)?
What would low dose be daily? I take 1 in the morning and 1 in the evening. Would this be moderate?

OP
Candeias

Candeias

The doses usually prescribed for the prevention of strokes and heart attacks range from 75 to 100 mg sold in pharmacies. @ecstatichamster published years ago that 1 - 2 grams per week reduces colorectal cancer by 2/3. I would like to know if this amount reaches close to the 100ug/ml shown in the graph..

OP
Candeias

Candeias

Aspirin, the mighty drug

"“Aspirin is the most effective drug that we have,” Majerus says. “If we eliminated all but three drugs, aspirin would be one” of the three drugs we should keep, he says."

OP
Candeias

Candeias

The doses usually prescribed for the prevention of strokes and heart attacks range from 75 to 100 mg sold in pharmacies. @ecstatichamster published years ago that 1 - 2 grams per week reduces colorectal cancer by 2/3. I would like to know if this amount reaches close to the 100ug/ml shown in the graph..

Doing the conversion using the molar mass of aspirin (180.158 g/mol), 100ug/ml convert to ~0.5 mmol/L, which I think is the same as mM/L? Which would be the usual unit of concentration in studies. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals