Low-Dose THC And CBD

Sucrates

]I think I've seen LDN mentioned for HE. I'd look for data on tetracyclines, pregnenolone and progesterone too. Pregnenolone might be particularly useful given low cortisol. If the antibody theory of HE is correct then LLLT might have a positive effect.
Valtsu's: Hypothyroidism: Could it be treated with LIGHT?

Thanks soooo much. I tried LDN for my high thyroid antibodies - strangely it worked for the first few months and then they just went up high again - LDN unfortunately triggers candida and did not work for me at all. I tried for a two year period. I do have Pregnenolone drops and will give those a try. When is the best time to take it. I take my T4 Levoxyl at 6 am and my Nature Throid T4/T3 combo at 2 pm after lunch.[/QUOTE]

Ray has been quoted saying there was a study in the 1920's or 30's showing pregnenolone lowered the swelling from thyroid eye disease, it also lowers TNFa, that's why I thought it might be useful. I couldn't give directions though. I had a similar experience with LDN years ago, a few people have told me that in that case lowering the dose or skipping a day once a week or so can make it effective again.

Thoushant

I used to smoke white widow, like a tiny leave (barely 1x1 mm) it would make me acutely aware of my surrounding, and how it should be.
Like usually dusty floor, messy room, I am aware of everything but kinda go out of my way not to do anything about it. Light up, immediately whatever shouldn't be like it currently is, pops out "oh I should really put that thing back in place" grounding in a way. Then feel content for 4-5 days.
Now I think about it, I don't know if it helped my ADHD symptoms, although I was convinced back then. for some reason I love to read rap lyrics during the period, and I would just be in awe of the emotional meaning I normally don't pay attention to(but it is kind of a hyperfocus thing i think now, I think the mind chatter is still there, but I'm more out of my body)
say An angry rap verse you can feel the anger towards whatever and the words become much more hardhitting.
Anxiety wise: I fully inhale and hold the breath, the exhale after is very faint, I can feel I physically let go of something burdening me, and I can just focus on presence, but like I said in a stressed way. It's great to get out of learned helplessness socially. For me it eases cognitive empathy a ton.

EDIT: I guess what I'm saying is it makes me become very aware of myself, fine posture, feelings and others. To put the awareness in perspective, I've wondered if it's some neurodegenerative disease I was fighting and not ADHD/anxiety, Stiff without, fluid with it.

Last edited:

Parsifal

Any kind of THC now give me panic attacks. I have tried some CBD few month ago. At first I felt very good on it but started to feel a bit stoned (I think it inhibits an enzyme that catalyzes anandamide). Started to get a panic attack so I had to stop. But I overreact to everything now.

johnsmith

I get where your coming from with the THC, CBD and ADHD though but IMO they diminish panic while enhancing the desire to withdrawal, having a detrimental effect on higher order functioning while encouraging complacency . Have you tried urea, 15g 3-4 times a day orally? I'm getting good effects on anxiety and brain function from it (I've had a lot of concussions I think I remember you had a few as well?). Urea and pregneolone give me great boosts in working memory and ability to sit and focus.

How did your urea supplementation go? Are you still on it? I just started taking 4 grams twice a day for suspected brain inflammation from a concussion. Maybe ill up the dose to what you recommended above.

johnsmith

That would be great!

Urea sometimes slightly upsets my stomach a bit too. But I'm pretty sold on continuing to try it out, after listening to those podcasts with Ray Peat talk about it. Im about to order it in bulk from "Research Products International"

And I liked what you said below. Lots of substance in there to dissect.

I get where your coming from with the THC, CBD and ADHD though but IMO they diminish panic while enhancing the desire to withdrawal, having a detrimental effect on higher order functioning while encouraging complacency .

meatbag

That would be great!

Urea sometimes slightly upsets my stomach a bit too. But I'm pretty sold on continuing to try it out, after listening to those podcasts with Ray Peat talk about it. Im about to order it in bulk from "Research Products International"

And I liked what you said below. Lots of substance in there to dissect.

Lol I really don't think what I said back then makes much sense

Yeah Urea is interesting, haidut recently pointed out that structurally it is a lot like Niacinamide;

Niacinamide has been shown to increase transdermal absorption. It is very similar to urea if you look at the structure. Urea just has an extra ammonia molecule while niacinamide has pyridine. Urea is a known absorption enhancer. So, I think it plays the role of both enhance absorption and treat/ameliorate pancreatic damage. It would be interesting to try injecting into pancreas directly but very few people would probably agree to that. Any irritation to the pancreas runs the risk of causing acute pancreatitis, which can be deadly. The way big pharma will probably proceed with this is to take some cells of the sick pancreas and regrow them in a dish with plenty of niacinamide, then convert them into stem cells and then inject back into the pancreas or try full transplant. But again, not many people will agree to this if their diabetes is well managed. But this is where it is going - regrowth or full organs with stem cell injections or ex-vivo cultivation and then transplant.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 5487

Has anyone had experiences with lower dosages of THC and CBD for ADHD and anxiety?

What effects would you report from either? I hear CBD is stimulating, while THC is sedating. Does one impair cognition more, or do they both do so? Do they help you focus and retain information in any dosage?

Cannabis unless very specific strains, will make anxiety worse, as a "High" not a Downer, it lowers Gaba increasing Dopamine->adrenaline.

Very High Doses can be panic inducing and very fearful.
I have taken "Dabs" of concentrates the size of a Dime(not as a regular smoker) and found myself under the influence of a dangerously strong experience, one with no escape but your own thoughts for hours.

-Best used sparling.
Where alcohol is used by most as either in a binge with a hangover the next morning, stopping the desire to get wasted agian, or 1-3 drinks a night.
Cannabis can be used, anytime/day and so "crutchs" begin to develop since the negative effects are minimal or not noticable to the consciousness self. A person becomes a daily "drug" user while the cannabis culture tells them "it's natural/good for you" as a way to cope with their addiction.

Cannabis over the the long term, effects blood flow to regions of the brain. Essentially making you a "stoner" or "stupid"

SOMO

Cannabis unless very specific strains, will make anxiety worse, as a "High" not a Downer, it lowers Gaba increasing Dopamine->adrenaline.

Very High Doses can be panic inducing and very fearful.
I have taken "Dabs" of concentrates the size of a Dime(not as a regular smoker) and found myself under the influence of a dangerously strong experience, one with no escape but your own thoughts for hours.

-Best used sparling.
Where alcohol is used by most as either in a binge with a hangover the next morning, stopping the desire to get wasted agian, or 1-3 drinks a night.
Cannabis can be used, anytime/day and so "crutchs" begin to develop since the negative effects are minimal or not noticable to the consciousness self. A person becomes a daily "drug" user while the cannabis culture tells them "it's natural/good for you" as a way to cope with their addiction.

Cannabis over the the long term, effects blood flow to regions of the brain. Essentially making you a "stoner" or "stupid"

Interestingly, the Cannabis that gives me anxiety attacks or general anxiety are INDICA (the supposedly "sedating", relaxing strain).

SATIVA (the more speedy, stimulating strain) I feel wonderful on, a very caffeine-like stimulating buzz. I love riding a bike on Sativa.

Regardless, cannabis used responsibly can still have downsides.

Runenight201

I think it's best to consider what your aims are and what foods/substances can best take you towards those goals without causing serious metabolic/physiological damage.

Everyone's first step should be towards having a robust, youthful metabolism. Once reached, I think it's appropriate to begin playing around with different things, albeit very cognizant of the effects the substances may be having.

Cannabis, if overdosed, can induce serious anxiety, self-consciousness, negative thought loops, and panic for me. However, the same would happen if I were to overdose on coffee as well.

THC, used in the proper dosage, makes me hyperaware of my body, muscles, and how I move. Movement training and THC pair very well together for me, as I become very fine tuned into what muscles I need to be training on to achieve the movement I'm aiming for. I find it very effective for vocal training as well, as I become very mindful of how my breath and vocal muscles affect the sounds I produce. However, if I'm not focused on moving or my body, it becomes easier for my mind to wander into different thoughts and fantasies.

However, at this comes a cost of having some higher level faculties definitely impaired. Planning is more difficult, and sometimes I'll overlook obvious steps and conclusions in a process. Perhaps the THC directs more bloodflow to the primitive layers of the brain and away from higher level functions, and that's why music and food is so enjoyable. I'm not sure where creativity lies or playfulness lies, but I do believe that THC can aid with that, and depending on where an individual sits in their current physiological state, maybe a little less higher ordering intellectual firing is needed and a little more playfulness and creativity could be used.

Everything in its proper context, I see cannabis as something to be used occasionally responsibly, and not as a daily metabolic crutch. If surrounded with job responsibilities and other things of serious nature that are needed to maintain the current job status, housing status, food status, etc..., or learning new higher ordered tasks, then cannabis use would be inappropriate. However, if you're looking to **** around with some music, art, friends, movements, or explorations, then I can see it as helpful.

ddjd

How did your urea supplementation go? Are you still on it? I just started taking 4 grams twice a day for suspected brain inflammation from a concussion. Maybe ill up the dose to what you recommended above.

I've been using urea for a while now. 15-20g definitely increases temps, I suspect it's good for the liver and also reduces Serotonin

SOMO

Cannabis, if overdosed, can induce serious anxiety, self-consciousness, negative thought loops, and panic for me. However, the same would happen if I were to overdose on coffee as well.

THC, used in the proper dosage, makes me hyperaware of my body, muscles, and how I move. Movement training and THC pair very well together for me, as I become very fine tuned into what muscles I need to be training on to achieve the movement I'm aiming for.

However, at this comes a cost of having some higher level faculties definitely impaired. Planning is more difficult, and sometimes I'll overlook obvious steps and conclusions in a process.

Yes, I find cannabis useful when exercising because I'm able to isolate specific muscles easier. There is definitely a hyper-awareness of the body with cannabis, but I think a therapeutic dose and anxiety-inducing dose are very close and it's easy to overdo it.

THC/CBD improve some capabilities and definitely cripple others - for example, performing math calculations on THC is more difficult than doing it sober.