Low-Dose THC And CBD

DaveFoster

Has anyone had experiences with lower dosages of THC and CBD for ADHD and anxiety?

What effects would you report from either? I hear CBD is stimulating, while THC is sedating. Does one impair cognition more, or do they both do so? Do they help you focus and retain information in any dosage?

meatbag

Has anyone had experiences with lower dosages of THC and CBD for ADHD and anxiety?

What effects would you report from either? I hear CBD is stimulating, while THC is sedating. Does one impair cognition more, or do they both do so? Do they help you focus and retain information in any dosage?

I get where your coming from with the THC, CBD and ADHD though but IMO they diminish panic while enhancing the desire to withdrawal, having a detrimental effect on higher order functioning while encouraging complacency . Have you tried urea, 15g 3-4 times a day orally? I'm getting good effects on anxiety and brain function from it (I've had a lot of concussions I think I remember you had a few as well?). Urea and pregneolone give me great boosts in working memory and ability to sit and focus.

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

I get where your coming from with the THC, CBD and ADHD though but IMO they diminish panic while enhancing the desire to withdrawal, having a detrimental effect on higher order functioning while encouraging complacency . Have you tried urea, 15g 3-4 times a day orally? I'm getting good effects on anxiety and brain function from it (I've had a lot of concussions I think I remember you had a few as well?). Urea and pregneolone give me great boosts in working memory and ability to sit and focus.
I have not tried urea, are the effects similar to caffeine? I've had one minor concussion.

Also, do you know if there's any concerns over combining coffee and urea; do you do so? I know caffeine (and aspirin as well) can slow the clearance of urea and predispose one to gout.

meatbag

I have not tried urea, are the effects similar to caffeine? I've had one minor concussion.

Also, do you know if there's any concerns over combining coffee and urea; do you do so? I know caffeine (and aspirin as well) can slow the clearance of urea and predispose one to gout.

RAY PEAT: And in the 1950s it was probably the main treatment used for brain swelling, reducing brain edema because a lot of people were thinking of it as an osmotic treatment and it was displaced by various osmotic substances with the idea that you would the make the blood hyperosmotic to draw the excess water out of the brain into the blood, but urea is not osmotically active because it goes right into the cells. And to be osmotically active, as like sodium, that stays outside the cell or like sucrose or some of the sugars that can’t be absorbed, but urea goes into the cell, sort of soothes the cell excitation, changes its electronic balance and let’s the cell excrete, give up the water that it does not need, very much the way progesterone and thyroid work, adjusting the electronic state, so that the ion exchange system and electronic affinity for water is down graded, so that it doesn't bind so much water....But the essential thing, people can have a lot of uric acid crystals in their body without having any symptoms at all. It seems to be endotoxin from an inflamed intestine, getting deposited on the crystals of uric acid causing the symptoms.

Last edited:
OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

I don't think its at all like caffeine, it kind of feels like higher dose niacinamide but different, maybe slightly like progesterone but not as potent. I kinda doubt it would be detrimental to have with coffee i've had them around the same time and it seemed okay, I think Ray doesn't agree that uric acid is causative in gout;

RAY PEAT: And in the 1950s it was probably the main treatment used for brain swelling, reducing brain edema because a lot of people were thinking of it as an osmotic treatment and it was displaced by various osmotic substances with the idea that you would the make the blood hyperosmotic to draw the excess water out of the brain into the blood, but urea is not osmotically active because it goes right into the cells. And to be osmotically active, as like sodium, that stays outside the cell or like sucrose or some of the sugars that can’t be absorbed, but urea goes into the cell, sort of soothes the cell excitation, changes its electronic balance and let’s the cell excrete, give up the water that it does not need, very much the way progesterone and thyroid work, adjusting the electronic state, so that the ion exchange system and electronic affinity for water is down graded, so that it doesn't bind so much water.

...But the essential thing, people can have a lot of uric acid crystals in their body without having any symptoms at all. It seems to be endotoxin from an inflamed intestine, getting deposited on the crystals of uric acid causing the symptoms.
I believe that's from his KMUD episode; I recently listened to that. This is very interesting, and I definitely will try it. How do you take it, and will food interfere with its absorption?

Sheik

I believe that's from his KMUD episode; I recently listened to that. This is very interesting, and I definitely will try it. How do you take it, and will food interfere with its absorption?
Have you looked into where you would get it? I'm looking to buy some myself. Health Natura is 8 oz for $25.75 (shipped to me, anyway).

If this one is to be trusted (!) , it's 1kg for 33.29
bioWORLD 42100008-1 Urea, USP Grade, 1 kg: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

It appears to be coming from this company: bioWORLD - Genomics, proteomics & bioaffinity matrices for gene, protein & cellular expression studies.

Let me know if you find any better deals.

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

Have you looked into where you would get it? I'm looking to buy some myself. Health Natura is 8 oz for $25.75 (shipped to me, anyway).

If this one is to be trusted (!) , it's 1kg for 33.29
bioWORLD 42100008-1 Urea, USP Grade, 1 kg: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

It appears to be coming from this company: bioWORLD - Genomics, proteomics & bioaffinity matrices for gene, protein & cellular expression studies.

Let me know if you find any better deals.
I was just looking at both. Here's one's that's priced in the middle: Urea, UltraPure (USP Grade), 1 Kilogram: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

30.75 + 9.99 shipping, so around $40 for 1 kg. At dose of 50 grams, for example, this would last you a month. A bit spendy for a single substance.

Sheik

LukeL

@DaveFoster You have the compounds reversed. CBD is calming and more of a "body high". It's very relaxed, no paranoia. THC is the "head high" and can induce paranoia. It's also more psychoactive than CBD. CBD oil is what is commonly used for children who suffer from seizures

Sheik

@DaveFoster You have the compounds reversed. CBD is calming and more of a "body high". It's very relaxed, no paranoia. THC is the "head high" and can induce paranoia. It's also more psychoactive than CBD. CBD oil is what is commonly used for children who suffer from seizures
Interesting. "Indica dominant strains are higher in Cannabidiol (CBD), sativa dominant strains are higher in the THC cannabinoid."

I've never used sativa, but indica gave me feelings of panic. Still could have been the THC, though. I'd like to try some CBD if it ever becomes legal here.

meatbag

Last edited:
Interesting. "Indica dominant strains are higher in Cannabidiol (CBD), sativa dominant strains are higher in the THC cannabinoid."

I've never used sativa, but indica gave me feelings of panic. Still could have been the THC, though. I'd like to try some CBD if it ever becomes legal here.
I haven't smoke in a while but i remember hating indica. The few times i got pure sativa i had really good mood with it.

LukeL

@Sheik yes, the feeling of panic is from THC. Most strains, even if they are 'indica' are bred to have very high THC and low CBD.

Elize

Greetings from Elize

Would any of you have any suggestions on how to deal with Hashimoto encephalopathy. I have all over body tremor as if I get a high adrenal response when taking my thyroid medication T4/T3. I also get muscle spasms in both hands and arms. Had an MRI done and the only thing found is encephalopathy no sign of MS, Parkinson/s, lesions or stroke. I did have a bad concussion in an accident though. Tried Peating to deal with the adrenal rushes. Also have low levels of cortisol and due not tolerate any suppplements especially magnesium, zinc etc

I've been smoking at least twice but mostly around 4 times a week consistently for the past 6 months or so. In total I've been smoking around 3 years regularly. Never as 'chronically' as these last few months, hahaha.

I've also had access to relatively pure THC in the form of "wax", as well as CBD extracts that look like ice.

THC/wax - Euphoric, inebriating, anxiogenic, odd thought patterns.

CBD - very slight change, so slight I can't name what exactly it changes. It's good though.

Both together is nice.

Bud/rosin is better in my opinion though. Teprenes and other cannabinoids smooth things out. Wax is a lot more fun though.

THC is definitely more stimulating for me, makes my mind go crazy, I will go down horrifying thought loops for hours, become super existential.

CBD is weak in terms of the effects it has on your perception/mind.

I'm done with it. It just made me super existential and frankly quite stupid. Not directly, but it made my behavior very stupid. There's other variables as well that have confounded results. Still, it's not good for memory. When I took some pregnenolone and vaped some fat dabs I felt like I was having a seizure. My eye kept twitching hahahah.

Sometimes it would enhance me, sometimes not. More useful if it's used infrequently.

Okee, now I wanna talk about what cannabis does to the brain.

Bascially CB1 receptors are on the pre-synapse of glutamatergic neurons. What happens is that when there is excess excitation, the post-synapse will send anandamide back to the pre-synapse, where it will hit CB1 receptor, and lower glutamate output. So basically, neurons use CB1 signalling to tell other neurons that they've had enough excitation, and that they've received the message. It also does something similar to GABA.

So, THC reduces glutamate, but also reduces GABA as well, and from what I understand, it lowers GABA more, so you end up with overall more excitation, but overall less activity; neuroprotective.

It also lowers CREB and upregulates it.

THC is a calcium channel blocker, GAD75 inducer (turns glutamate into GABA), and because it is a partial agonist, helps reduce tolerance buildup. In fact, in people with low CB1 density, THC can act as an antagonist.

Cannabis seems to show some beneficial effects on neurogenesis, reduces learned helplessness.

THC seems to create photons too.

Epidemiological studies say it makes it's users dumber, but that's just correlation. I think people who smoke cannabis are generally dumber to start with and that skews the results. I do think that if you smoke and do nothing, then you'll become dumber, but that if you smoke and actually stimulate your mind, it could cancel out the bad effects.

1. - Correlation, but still interesting...
2. - People interpret the results of this study so wildy. They say that this is a "defense mechanism" against cannabis, yet when caffeine does something similar, it's seen as being beneficial; lol.

People on this forum talk about cannabis becoming estrogenic, but really it has no effect on estrogen from what I know, but it does lower male sex hormones. I think of this as neoteny.

I assume you've seen the effects cannabis has in people with Parkinsons. There was a video on the Reddit front page about it.

I am very confused about the governments attitude towards cannabis. 50 years ago they had a huge propaganda machine running to dissuade people from smoking. Now they are pushing it hard. Maybe 50 years ago cannabis needed to be illegal because of the potential uses of hemp, an also because they still needed the US citizens to stay sharp and productive. Now, they don't care, and they are actively undermining the US population. Who knows.

I wrote a better post on this before but never posted it and it got deleted. Hope this helps.

Sucrates

Greetings from Elize

Would any of you have any suggestions on how to deal with Hashimoto encephalopathy. I have all over body tremor as if I get a high adrenal response when taking my thyroid medication T4/T3. I also get muscle spasms in both hands and arms. Had an MRI done and the only thing found is encephalopathy no sign of MS, Parkinson/s, lesions or stroke. I did have a bad concussion in an accident though. Tried Peating to deal with the adrenal rushes. Also have low levels of cortisol and due not tolerate any suppplements especially magnesium, zinc etc

I think I've seen LDN mentioned for HE. I'd look for data on tetracyclines, pregnenolone and progesterone too. Pregnenolone might be particularly useful given low cortisol. If the antibody theory of HE is correct then LLLT might have a positive effect.
Valtsu's: Hypothyroidism: Could it be treated with LIGHT?

tallglass13

I'm assuming that there's a lot of GMO cannabis, and according to **** Gregory, he believes the government is able to put anything they want in this weed to further control the masses or dumb them down... try to find organic non GMO seeded cannabis virtually impossible

Herbie

We have the original land race strains and then many breeders have created hybrids of these original strains for many decades and have stabilised them and so I guess thats GMO because they mix different strains together under different conditions to create a plant which has a different effect on human consumption or higher yielding, mold resistant, feminised, auto flowering, shorter etc different strains have different terpenes as well as different ratios of THC, THCA, CBD, CBC, CBN.

Elize

]I think I've seen LDN mentioned for HE. I'd look for data on tetracyclines, pregnenolone and progesterone too. Pregnenolone might be particularly useful given low cortisol. If the antibody theory of HE is correct then LLLT might have a positive effect.
Valtsu's: Hypothyroidism: Could it be treated with LIGHT?[/QUOTE]

Thanks soooo much. I tried LDN for my high thyroid antibodies - strangely it worked for the first few months and then they just went up high again - LDN unfortunately triggers candida and did not work for me at all. I tried for a two year period. I do have Pregnenolone drops and will give those a try. When is the best time to take it. I take my T4 Levoxyl at 6 am and my Nature Throid T4/T3 combo at 2 pm after lunch.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals