Low Dose Progesterone And Side Effects?

GorillaHead

So i am curious in supplementing progesterone.

I am male and 28. I want to reap some of the benefits of progesterone but avoid a disaster.

My research shows that people start off good then things go down hill after a while when supplementing.

is low dose a safe bet? 1-3 mg tops, a day ?

Is once every other day fine? Or does this cause issues since its not constant.

Ideally i would like to supplement once everyday other day at 1.5mg. I want to see better skin. Better bone especially.

thoughts? Ideas?

JKX

I am male and 28. I want to reap some of the benefits of progesterone but avoid a disaster.

My research shows that people start off good then things go down hill after a while when supplementing.

Ideally i would like to supplement once everyday other day at 1.5mg. I want to see better skin. Better bone especially.

thoughts? Ideas?
IMO the reason people run into problems with it is they dont support it nutritionally. Taken over a long period of time it will consistently redirect calcium towards bones. This can lead to reduced calcium availability to the gonads and is probably one of the reasons it can interrupt male 'function' if the dose and duration is high or long enough. This is a big part of the reason Ray recommends a high calcium to phos ratio IMO. As metabolism goes up so does calcium demand. All his recommendations fit together.

I've taken up to 30mg prog per day in the past with no issues for months at a time. A low dose like you suggest should only improve your health provided your calcium and magnesium intakes are good, your eating liver once a week and you're getting some zinc. It can push estro into serum over the first few days. Just something to be aware of.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

IMO the reason people run into problems with it is they dont support it nutritionally. Taken over a long period of time it will consistently redirect calcium towards bones. This can lead to reduced calcium availability to the gonads and is probably one of the reasons it can interrupt male 'function' if the dose and duration is high or long enough. This is a big part of the reason Ray recommends a high calcium to phos ratio IMO. As metabolism goes up so does calcium demand. All his recommendations fit together.

I've taken up to 30mg prog per day in the past with no issues for months at a time. A low dose like you suggest should only improve your health provided your calcium and magnesium intakes are good, your eating liver once a week and you're getting some zinc. It can push estro into serum over the first few days. Just something to be aware of.

Perfect. This is what i want. Yup already aware that with hormones. Nutrients get depleted quicker. I have a feeling this will put my hairloss to a full stop

HumanLife

Is it true that bald men who go trans who take hormones like progesterone regrow hair? I’m guessing that might be your thought process?

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Why do you think that?

cause many people have reported it halting hairloss and if it actually puts potassium within the cell then it should reduce calcification which should help hair. Furthermore people on this forum constantly keep saying that progesterone is what protects women from hairloss.

but i think low dose is better than high dose. In fact really low dose is best. Larger animals have slow metabolisms. So they wont need as much. I also believe men needs less progesterone than women.

stackz07

cause many people have reported it halting hairloss and if it actually puts potassium within the cell then it should reduce calcification which should help hair. Furthermore people on this forum constantly keep saying that progesterone is what protects women from hairloss.

but i think low dose is better than high dose. In fact really low dose is best. Larger animals have slow metabolisms. So they wont need as much. I also believe men needs less progesterone than women.
What dose are you gonna go with?

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

I read today that progesterone Administration suppresses the gonads. Basically using exogenous progesterone is like using an anabolic steroid??

stackz07

I read today that progesterone Administration suppresses the gonads. Basically using exogenous progesterone is like using an anabolic steroid??
I 100% believe in this. After my initial progesterone run my ejaculate became pea size. It's back up from that but still less than usual.

Beastmode

thoughts? Ideas?

At your age, stick to sound nutrition with the least amount of supplementation as possible. Be careful where you research this as many here are still looking the "magic bullet" and not sticking to the fundamentals long enough to give it a chance. If you want better skin, eliminate all the crap in your diet. Again, stick to the fundamentals.

R J

Is the calcium thing something documented ?

stackz07

Do you have any sources for this?

brix

Is the calcium thing something documented ?

It makes sense. I notice low ejaculate and my blood calcium is high, which paradoxically means I have need more calcium to reduce leeching from bones.

R J

It makes sense. I notice low ejaculate and my blood calcium is high, which paradoxically means I have need more calcium to reduce leeching from bones.
What where when how
What you’re saying doesn’t seem to follow context entirely of the post I replied to

JKX

Could be something as simple as getting more zinc in your diet.

tayloruk

thoughts? Ideas?

How did you get on with this?

Jonnie

Not on it anymore. I am not gonna **** with hormones at 28
So I'm guessing the expirement didn't go too well?

I'm 28 too and thinking of supplementing with cortinon and tocovit (progesterone+dhea and Vit E) because I've been exposed to a ***t ton of unnatural stressors throughout my life and I'm trying to shift from a state of stress to a more calm androgenic state.

@Beastmode
I get the argument that 'natural' and 'getting as much as you can from diet' should be the first aproach but what about all the synthetic hormone disruptive crap we get exposed to in our environment?

What's more unhealthy? losing your hair at 28 (like I've had major receided temples since the age of 15) or supplementing with hormones to shift into a more balanced state that your body is unable to get to "naturally" because of all the crap in the environment.