Low Dose Progesterone And Side Effects?

Beastmode

So I'm guessing the expirement didn't go too well?

I'm 28 too and thinking of supplementing with cortinon and tocovit (progesterone+dhea and Vit E) because I've been exposed to a ***t ton of unnatural stressors throughout my life and I'm trying to shift from a state of stress to a more calm androgenic state.

@Beastmode
I get the argument that 'natural' and 'getting as much as you can from diet' should be the first aproach but what about all the synthetic hormone disruptive crap we get exposed to in our environment?

What's more unhealthy? losing your hair at 28 (like I've had major receided temples since the age of 15) or supplementing with hormones to shift into a more balanced state that your body is unable to get to "naturally" because of all the crap in the environment.

I agree 100% with what you're saying. Would you agree that most people don't actually give the fundamentals a chance before acting on supplements? I'll go even further. I've met and worked with too many people that believe they're doing the "fundamentals" of something properly and close to 100% find out they aren't.

BTW, I'm a fan of supplements. I just don't think most are 1) mastering the basic, 2) being patient enough while consistently doing them and 3) using metrics that can show subtle changes (i.e- body temp, pulse, etc) happening that can get the focus off these "bigger" changes that don't appear to be happening right away.

Thank you for making a great vitamin e product.

Jonnie

I agree 100% with what you're saying. Would you agree that most people don't actually give the fundamentals a chance before acting on supplements? I'll go even further. I've met and worked with too many people that believe they're doing the "fundamentals" of something properly and close to 100% find out they aren't.

BTW, I'm a fan of supplements. I just don't think most are 1) mastering the basic, 2) being patient enough while consistently doing them and 3) using metrics that can show subtle changes (i.e- body temp, pulse, etc) happening that can get the focus off these "bigger" changes that don't appear to be happening right away.

Thank you for making a great vitamin e product.
Yep, can’t argue with that. I should probably try more to fix my bacterial overgrowth in my gut before trying progesterone.
You got some great points there.

At the same time I feel I could benefit from progesterone and don’t see many side effects.
Do you know of any side effects of progesterone? I.e. after quitting a cycle?

I didn’t make any vitamine E product... I’m just a labrat.

Beastmode

Yep, can’t argue with that. I should probably try more to fix my bacterial overgrowth in my gut before trying progesterone.
You got some great points there.

At the same time I feel I could benefit from progesterone and don’t see many side effects.
Do you know of any side effects of progesterone? I.e. after quitting a cycle?

I didn’t make any vitamine E product... I’m just a labrat.
I didn't read your name properly. I just saw Haidut! :)

That's why I thought the response seemed different than something he might say. Not right or wrong, just came off different.

I don't know of any side effects. Maybe it can play a role in the early stages of the stresses coming off a cycle. It's protective so might be worth it. Like Peat mentions over and over, it's definitely something you want to take as something more constructive (similar to other strong chemicals like dht, testosterone, etc) with a solid base in all the other areas (diet, lifestyle, sleep, relationships, etc.)

When I started playing with progest-e 3-4 years ago, it was more for protective reasons as my system was just starting to get better after years of being hypothyroid. Now with a solid base of consistent nutrition and lifestyle changes, I can notice the smallest amount which I would categorize as more constructive since I have the basic stuff down now.....for the most part that is :)

Hope that makes sense.

We're all labrats of some sort here :)

Jonnie

I didn't read your name properly. I just saw Haidut! :)

That's why I thought the response seemed different than something he might say. Not right or wrong, just came off different.

I don't know of any side effects. Maybe it can play a role in the early stages of the stresses coming off a cycle. It's protective so might be worth it. Like Peat mentions over and over, it's definitely something you want to take as something more constructive (similar to other strong chemicals like dht, testosterone, etc) with a solid base in all the other areas (diet, lifestyle, sleep, relationships, etc.)

When I started playing with progest-e 3-4 years ago, it was more for protective reasons as my system was just starting to get better after years of being hypothyroid. Now with a solid base of consistent nutrition and lifestyle changes, I can notice the smallest amount which I would categorize as more constructive since I have the basic stuff down now.....for the most part that is :)

Hope that makes sense.

We're all labrats of some sort here :)
Haha yeah I figured you thought I was Haidut.

I think I'll continue with optimizing my nutrition intake and thyroid etc. before hopping on progesterone.

I was going to get it for protective reasons too... mainly protecting my hair. My hair really took a hit this winter but seems to be stabilizing again now.

Been adding some magnesium sups the past week and stress spikes seem to be a lot less intense.

Thanks for sharing your experience it's giving me some insights.

Cheers

Beastmode

Haha yeah I figured you thought I was Haidut.

I think I'll continue with optimizing my nutrition intake and thyroid etc. before hopping on progesterone.

I was going to get it for protective reasons too... mainly protecting my hair. My hair really took a hit this winter but seems to be stabilizing again now.

Been adding some magnesium sups the past week and stress spikes seem to be a lot less intense.

Thanks for sharing your experience it's giving me some insights.

Cheers
If you're losing magnesium, you're losing salt. If you're losing both, your thyroid is probably low.

I would start with salt before magnesium supplements. Also, carbs are really needed to bring down stress.

japanesedude

I think dosage is the most important thing.I have been using Idealab's Progestene ocationally. one drop of Progestene contains 1.7mg Progesterone.
If I dose more than one drop,I start getting side effects like loss of libido and ED. just a drop is pro androgenic and gives me higher libido and spontaneus woods.
Progestene is dissolved in SFA/Ethanol and easy to be absorbed in the body.