Low Dose Naltrexone - LDN

Broken man

All Day Chemists. Product was Naltima-50 . Don't even try to go to a doctor unless they are open minded, or a practicing alternative doctor that understands and embraces LDN. And if your doctor does prescribe it, ask for 50 mg tablets, do your in home dilution, otherwise you will spend a fortune at a compound pharmacy. Plus, you can adjust your dosage doing a dilution method, when you get a script from a compound pharmacy, you are stuck with it until your doc can write another script. My wife's doctor gives her a script for 50 mg tabs, this is what she has been doing for over a year with no problems. Check out FB groups for LDN to see how/what others are doing, but most go low and slow, and some doctors don't understand this and start patients off with too high of a dose. For instance, my wife does better on 1.5 mg, as opposed to the recommended 4.5 mg.
What do you do with all the bad fillers?

Dave Clark

What do you do with all the bad fillers?
On the FB groups (I don't get that concerned with fillers, since we are talking one pill for about a month's use) what most of the people sensitive to fillers do, is to dissolve the 50 mg pill in the 50 ml of water (as you would normally do), then let it sit. Now, I have not noticed this with my brand, but they say that the fillers won't dissolve and will settle to the bottom of your container, of which you can then decant off of the fillers. That is the best you can do, if you absolutely want no bad fillers, you are going to have to go to a compound pharmacy, which will be expensive (unless you have an insurance plan that would pay for it).

Snowdrop

Why would it?

Ray Peat:

Naloxone or naltrexone has been used for restarting menstrual cycles. Cyproheptadine (in very small amounts) is sometimes effective for reducing over-activity of the pituitary. RP

Davsey85

Yes, it's diluted in water. I use a 50 mg tab in 50 ml of distilled water. Keeping it in the fridge. I use a syringe to measure my dose. Be sure to shake the bottle first. There are some Facebook LDN groups and lots of info if you do an internet search.

Hey birdie are you still on ldn?

If those do you find it helps with me/cfs?

Thanks

I'd start with 1.o ml dose in the morning or evening. If you find the evening more convenient, you might get some nightmares. I hear most people do not get them. I got them with an evening dose. Switched to morning.

I'd wait 2 weeks before upping the dose to 1.5 for example. Then 2 weeks of that and so forth. But the start dose depends on your weight probably.

It takes quite a while to find your optimum dose. Some re-adjust dose with the seasons and find their needs change. I don't do that.

Did you find it to help me/cfs?

Ray seems to be of the opinion that the whole endorphin rebound theory is bunk, and the positive effect is actually directly from the opioid suppression. Of course, this doesn't say anything at all about whether or not tiny doses would work.
I think this is true. I believe the rebound theory is bunk. I’ve been experimenting with LDN lately. The dosage Is difficult to pinpoint and the effects are probably quite different for different people, But I think that LDN has been the most important medication I’ve used and suspect it can result in extended lifespan.

I just want to emphasize how extraordinary I think LDN really is. The doses vary but the effects are extraordinary.

Allergy reduction, gut repaired, mood improved, libido supported…

I thought I would share that while I found Low Dose Naltrexone helpful initially with sleep and inflammatory pain, I have had to discontue it several times because I found that I developed muscle rigidity which led to non-healing lumbar & Sacral pain. It always seems to work great at first and this time I was on approx 1 mg. for about a month. Now I have to wait for the drug to leave my system. I recommend others pulse or use this drug extremely sparingly if you have experienced similar.

Birdie

Did you find it to help me/cfs?
I just noticed this Davsey and it looks like you were last seen here in December 2022. But, I'm still taking LDN and I think it helps my ME/CFS. I started under Dr Bihardi, not directly, but while reading his advice. LDN has reduced the time it takes for (musculoskeletal) injuries to heal. At least it seems so for me. Things that would set me back for 6 months would be resolved in a couple of weeks or less. I was amazed.

I'm not sure otherwise. I mean that it was so many years ago that I started it that that I've come to take my improvements as my normal. I wrote them down but haven't seen those notes lately.

Maybe it takes time to find your dose, but I'd say it's worth the effort. It was for me.

Birdie

I think this is true. I believe the rebound theory is bunk. I’ve been experimenting with LDN lately. The dosage Is difficult to pinpoint and the effects are probably quite different for different people, But I think that LDN has been the most important medication I’ve used and suspect it can result in extended lifespan.
I had heard of its use for extended life, but at the time wasn't interested. Saw it as some sort of desire for wrinkle removal. Now, after starting Rapamycin for extended function/lifespan, I've become aware of LDN's use in this way. I don't know why, but I didn't get the link to extended function.

LDN has certainly helped improve function for me.

I had heard of its use for extended life, but at the time wasn't interested. Saw it as some sort of desire for wrinkle removal. Now, after starting Rapamycin for extended function/lifespan, I've become aware of LDN's use in this way. I don't know why, but I didn't get the link to extended function.

LDN has certainly helped improve function for me.

I think we have to fight ongoing inflammatory conditions as we age, due to porous gut and endotoxins. And LDN helps to lower the overly active immune system, without jeopardizing any immune response against germs and cancer.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals